2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

1 hour ago, ebod39 said:

Nope.

Nope what??? 

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

hcy2zm5200k01.jpg?auto=webp&s=f25bb6fbe8

The Wild definitely had that problem until Adidas took over. The Red home, green alt, and both white roads all felt very distinct. But now I think that the Wild have a really good set that work well with each other. The striping is the same on the arms and socks, and finally uses the primary logo front and center on both. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I feel like the Canucks are going to have to add left sleeve numbers. Broadcasters might have a hard time with that, even if they have the numbers on the left chest. I actually do like that look, because it adds to the 60’s-ness to the design, but I would imagine they’ll have to add left numbers anyways. 

Broadcasters managed with no sleeve numbers on the left sleeve of this jersey ...

s-l1600.jpg

... so they'll be OK.

• Like 8

On 10/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, pepis21 said:

Anaheim -  ok, could be their primary

Arizona - look dull,  not enought contrast between main base and lower part

Boston - excellent

Buffalo - great

Calgary - magnifique

Carolina - eeee it's reverse retro not reverse current

Chicago - not bad but they could use a real one sweater to reverse.

Colorado - quite ok.

Colorado -  Where is red?

Dallas - perfect, make it an permament alternate

Detroit - WTF?! How you could fuc..d up that by adding a black?! You are Red Wings not Blackhawks!

Edmonton - really good

Florida - nicely

Los Angeles - one of the best

Minnesota - also one of the best

Montreal -  same question as for Columbus.

Nashville - not so much reversed

New Jersey - intresting use of Scouts

NY Islanders - would be better with shoulders logos and proper yoke

NY Rangers - yawn..

Ottawa - I like it

Philadelphia - I wish they do a black jersey but white isn't bad either

Pittsburgh - finally those cowards bring back a robo pen, would be better in yellow but still is my favourite one

San Jose - Will they add white skates to that? Amazing sweater

Seattle -  very meh

St. Louis - they nailed it, great one

Tampa Bay - white didn't fit into a storm theme.

Toronto - safety but good

Vancouver - fans finally get a Johnny Canuck

Vegas - one of the best

Washington - I like previous RR more but this one is nicely too.

Winnipeg - correct

My top 3:

Penguins

Vegas

Dallas

Bottom 3:

Detroit (wouldn't be there if they use white)

Montreal

Columbus

Why are they Cowards? King Penguin himself, Mario Lemieux H A T E D the pigeon robo hummingbird thingie. And it's only the youngins and newbies that actually like it

• Yawn 1

28 minutes ago, Fitzy0220 said:

Why are they Cowards? King Penguin himself, Mario Lemieux H A T E D the pigeon robo hummingbird thingie. And it's only the youngins and newbies that actually like it

There's no actual evidence to suggest Mario outright hates the Robopen, though; that's all a myth that won't die with nothing to substantiate it.

Obviously management thought it was a good idea to bring the Robopen back instead of Skating Penguin Variant #3000. The lack of Robopen was literally the big thing most people complained about with their last RR design; and this design would've had to have been in the works last year, given how finished jerseys were leaking before this season started...which means it's very likely Lemieux himself who signed off on the Robopen design, since Fenway only took control in December.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Nope what??? 

The Wild definitely had that problem until Adidas took over. The Red home, green alt, and both white roads all felt very distinct. But now I think that the Wild have a really good set that work well with each other. The striping is the same on the arms and socks, and finally uses the primary logo front and center on both. 

No they won't be adding a sleeve number

The consensus around the Panthers having the best design is weird to me. It's fine, I guess, but it's not as good as every publication is making it out to be. I feel like this is just a consequence of the Panthers being a very internet-friendly team right now (I have my theories).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

The consensus around the Panthers having the best design is weird to me. It's fine, I guess, but it's not as good as every publication is making it out to be. I feel like this is just a consequence of the Panthers being a very internet-friendly team right now (I have my theories).

I've felt the same way. I have no qualms with the jersey, it's perfectly fine. But I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with it. People I know who aren't even into hockey love it. I've seen it ranked #1 on many lists. I really don't understand why people think it's the best one.

The last time the Panthers decided to add powder blue to their palette, everyone found it tired and annoying. Now, it's a stroke of genius. I don't begrudge people liking it, I see why some might like it, but the unanimity of the response is odd. I don't think any of these sweaters earned unanimous praise.

The only conclusion I can draw is that people in media really want you to like the Florida Panthers right now, as they did with the Hurricanes a few years ago.  

• Huh? 1

10 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The Wild and Canadiens both use different designs for their home and road jerseys rather than color swaps.

There are quite a few teams who’s homes and aways are more than just color swaps: Detroit, NY Rangers, Chicago, Dallas, Buffalo, Carolina, Nashville. Even the more extreme examples like Minnesota and Montreal never bothered me, but I guess to some people it’s all a matter of degree, and the Wild’s looks were too disparate for many. And I understand and respect that. 

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

The last time the Panthers decided to add powder blue to their palette, everyone found it tired and annoying. Now, it's a stroke of genius. I don't begrudge people liking it, I see why some might like it, but the unanimity of the response is odd. I don't think any of these sweaters earned unanimous praise.

The only conclusion I can draw is that people in media really want you to like the Florida Panthers right now, as they did with the Hurricanes a few years ago.  

It looks to be a different shade of blue this time,  this time around the shade looks to be brighter, whether that is due to the shade actually being brighter or just that it's next to red and golden yellow as opposed to blue with white piping.

The differences in shade (real or percieved) and the logos, plus that it's a big twist on a well liked original shirt rather what seems like a shirt designed to please jetBlue looks to be the difference.

• Love 1

I am a little confused as to why the penguins brought back the robo penguin, but shunned it for the sleeve patches for the original white RR and current black diagonal Pittsburgh jersey. Now the penguins have a white away jersey and THREE black jerseys with THREE different penguins in their rotation this year. Seems kinda redundant…especially when their standard jerseys (with the proper skating penguin and gold triangle) are far superior.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

I am a little confused as to why the penguins brought back the robo penguin, but shunned it for the sleeve patches for the original white RR and current black diagonal Pittsburgh jersey. Now the penguins have a white away jersey and THREE black jerseys with THREE different penguins in their rotation this year. Seems kinda redundant…especially when their standard jerseys (with the proper skating penguin and gold triangle) are far superior.

It's all confusing, it's all redundant, it's just throwing open the gates and creating Product.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It looks to be a different shade of blue this time,  this time around the shade looks to be brighter, whether that is due to the shade actually being brighter or just that it's next to red and golden yellow as opposed to blue with white piping.

The differences in shade (real or percieved) and the logos, plus that it's a big twist on a well liked original shirt rather what seems like a shirt designed to please jetBlue looks to be the difference.

Bingo. I really like the RR, and I hated the JetBlue jersey. The red and yellow give it a Florida feel, as opposed to completely stripping those colours from their identity.

This: aa000587583da7982cff8c0ca05724a1.jpg

Or this:

ReverseRetroJersey__55151.1666071573.jpg

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

i'll help you out then...

The three biggest trends in hockey jerseys in 2010, when the powder jersey came out, were:

1. Fauxbacks
  2. Roundel logos
  3. Double-blue

The Panthers had no legitimate connection to any of the three but jumped on it anyway. Add in the weird JetBlue thing and yeah.

This sweater uses their popular palm tree logo, their 90s template, and their original colours + powder blue. The effect is tropical instead of dull and lifeless. Even if it's being overrated it's no surprise that it's popular considering current fashion 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

18 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

Because they constantly refused to use it where it should be used vide previous RR and Gin & Juice alternate. Btw Lemieux supposledy also hates yellow sweaters but Penguins already had two of them under his cadency so his rumored preferences doesn't matter.

4r2eer.png

24 minutes ago, Point1 said:

i'll help you out then...

The three biggest trends in hockey jerseys in 2010, when the powder jersey came out, were:

1. Fauxbacks
  2. Roundel logos
  3. Double-blue

The Panthers had no legitimate connection to any of the three but jumped on it anyway. Add in the weird JetBlue thing and yeah.

This sweater uses their popular palm tree logo, their 90s template, and their original colours + powder blue. The effect is tropical instead of dull and lifeless. Even if it's being overrated it's no surprise that it's popular considering current fashion 

Okay. Then that makes it decent, not amazing. I think this is deeper than just the sweater.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

@the admiral

For the Panthers, I think it’s more of the 90’s appeal of the original logos, jersey design,  and the presence of the red and gold that wasn’t there for the previous alternate (along with the weird roundel logo with a smoothed-out panther). 

I’d agree with you that the reception is a little bizarre, but visually it does work much better this time around using the light blue as a direct substitute for white.