2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

32 minutes ago, charger77 said:

New Jersey '03?

Hurricanes '06? 

‘03 had the devils become a 3 time champion in 4 years, it also went to 6 games with 2 going to OT. ‘06, just from a uniform aspect was beautiful, 10x better looking than ‘07, ‘06 also went 7 games and had oilers come back from down 3-1 to force a game 7. 

12 hours ago, dont care said:

It being in the bubble, back to back champs, and an original 6 team are all more reasons in themselves to be remembered more than 07. I had to look up who the played. It was the Senators that no one cares about, and it was right after Anaheim changed to the most boring uniforms in the league at the time.

I mean a lot of casual fans have already forgotten that New Jersey played in the Finals in 2012, that Tampa lost in 2015, and that Dallas lost in 2020. 2007 was also the last season before the switch to Reebok Edge, so the uniforms around the league got a whole lot worse immediately after.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, TaylorMade said:

Part 1: I just hope the current home and away are mothballed. I will gladly take a return to the Mighty Ducks logo because I think a complete eggplant and jade return is off the table now. Maybe they see what Buffalo did and have a throwback alternate.

Part 2: Who is this guy and where did he come from? Last year, what seemed to be a normal, everyday teenager won the CHL design-a-jersey contest for the Calgary Hitmen and I was at the game where they wore those jerseys and the guy was part of the festivities. Fast forward many months, I see somebody posting stuff about the RR's and when I click on the profile, it's the same teenage guy who won that contest.

What was his hit rate on the RRs? Who are his sources?

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

17 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Part 1: I just hope the current home and away are mothballed. I will gladly take a return to the Mighty Ducks logo because I think a complete eggplant and jade return is off the table now. Maybe they see what Buffalo did and have a throwback alternate.

Yeah they're never going back to the old colours, but all of this would be the next best thing.

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

What was his hit rate on the RRs? Who are his sources?

He apparently got "conflicting reports" about what the Ducks were doing with their RR. To be fair I could see why any given source (especially one who doesn't pay as much attention to this stuff or got a quick glance at best) would see a white and orange Mighty Ducks jersey and go "that sure is a white version of their third".

On 12/6/2022 at 1:54 AM, Ridleylash said:

I would not be surprised if the Ducks just split the difference and do the old jerseys in the current colors, like what they just did for their second Reverse Retro.

Unless they surprise us with something new altogether I still think the current third with a matching white version is a safe bet. Maybe the white uniform takes cues from the Reverse Retro and goes all in with the orange pants. The Samuelis love them some orange so it seems like the next logical step.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Pardon my ignorance, but are there any RRs that haven't hit the ice yet, aside from the Fisherman?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It feels very wrong to me that I like this just as much (if not, a tiny bit more… *gasp*) as the traditional Devils set:

spacer.png

It’s messing with me. I shouldn’t love it, but I do. I blame the Scouts and Rockies for being really bad teams with really good uniforms to draw inspiration from.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

23 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It feels very wrong to me that I like this just as much (if not, a tiny bit more… *gasp*) as the traditional Devils set:

spacer.png

It’s messing with me. I shouldn’t love it, but I do. I blame the Scouts and Rockies for being really bad teams with really good uniforms to draw inspiration from.

It feels wrong cause it's the Devils but in a vacuum it's a gorgeous hockey uniform, even the pants and gloves look great

Red/white/blue/athletic gold is a very underutilized and underappreciated colour scheme in pro sports imo. In fact, I love most variations of the RWB+unusual trim colour combos (silver, lime green/volt, baby blue), but this is probably the best and safest bet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

spacer.png

It's a fun "what if?" look about the Devils keeping their Scouts/Rockies colours. 

But the Devils were red, green, and white for ten years. And have been red, black, and white for thirty years and three Cups. 

So it might be too late to decide they're a red, white, blue, and gold team now 😛

• Like 3

On 12/5/2022 at 11:51 PM, Ridleylash said:

Eh, I'd say that goes to the Bolts/Habs series, personally. If that wasn't part of a back-to-back, I doubt most people would even remember it.

It will always be remembered for the immense butthurt it caused to the Leafs fanbase, at the very least lmao

And then the fact that the Habs finished dead last the year after that. Boring, sure. Forgettable? I don't think so

But I can see how people who haven't followed the Habs on their whole playoffs run and only watched the Finals where most of the team and especially Price, Weber and Byron were barely hanging by a thread and pretty much ended their own careers by playing through serious injuries might find the Final series a bit underwhelming. Regardless. No team was beating Tampa that year. The Golden Knights wouldn't have given hockey fans a better show, it would have been over just as quick

Or maybe I'm just incredibly biased lol

"Most forgettable" Stanley Cup Finals is so subjective. Why would Tampa/Dallas or Tampa/Montreal be forgettable given the craziness around how we got there? 

And then you get into the "normal" seasons. What makes a Cup Final forgettable? Like I said it's so subjective. 

So maybe "I didn't like the uniform the winning team wore" isn't the best measuring stick to use when it comes to a Cup Final's memorability. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It's a fun "what if?" look about the Devils keeping their Scouts/Rockies colours. 

But the Devils were red, green, and white for ten years. And have been red, black, and white for thirty years and three Cups. 

So it might be too late to decide they're a red, white, blue, and gold team now 😛

Oh I’m not at all suggesting they switch now, I totally agree with you there. Switching shouldn’t be on the table at all.

I’m just saying the “What if” is far better than I ever imagined it would be, and if the Devils wanted to, I don’t know, keep it around as a third? I wouldn’t be the least bit upset about that.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Last night's Canucks-Sharks game was one of the most beautiful uniform matchups I've seen in a very long time. If the Canucks were getting blown out, I'd still be watching the game.

One important observation...the awesome turquoise font on the Sharks' white Seals jerseys shows that the Sharks need teal font on their main whites.

The turquoise pants with the white and gold stripes and leg trim are among the nicest in hockey.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 12/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, IceCap said:

Why cant they be a Red, Black, and green team.  Imagine this Reverse Retro with Blue swapped for black and gold swapped for green, maybe a lighter volt/neon green...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png