2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Yeah, I love the new Arizona alternate uniform as well. It's not perfect, but it's really damn good. The striping pattern is fantastic, especially given the inspiration and background. I'd probably prefer a logo crest instead of the wordmark, but I'm okay with the wordmark. The extra details like the C/A patches and cactus on the pants are fantastic. I wish more teams would expand their identity with details like that. The block numerals are the only thing I dislike, bad choice there.

Also, it's great to see that shade of red on the ice again, especially since it's not weighed down with black.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, Conrad. said:

Would have been cool if they did 4 different jerseys for the divisions, adding a pink and a blue version of that template...and instead of EASTERN and WESTERN, use that same font and shape for the names of the 4 divisions.

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, i whipped this idea together:

• Like 12
  • Love 2

On 2023-01-20 at 3:50 PM, fortunat1 said:

I think that most of the hate is a result of the Canucks struggling to keep a consistent visual identity, not so much the jersey itself. Of course other issues have been pointed out that are specifically about the jersey (weird stripe effect), but I'd assume that a decent amount of the backlash is coming from those who want the team to actually embrace their blue and green identity instead of going back and forth between color schemes constantly.

Haven't the Canucks been doing just that since Adidas took over the NHL Contract? Their two reverse retros have been blue and green and they had an alternative blue and green jersey with the stick in rink logo on the front. Using blue and green (albeit with a much darker blue) for both RRs sure seems like embracing that identity.

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Haven't the Canucks been doing just that since Adidas took over the NHL Contract? Their two reverse retros have been blue and green and they had an alternative blue and green jersey with the stick in rink logo on the front. Using blue and green (albeit with a much darker blue) for both RRs sure seems like embracing that identity.

Since the Reebok EDGE takeover (2007-2008 first season) in fact

http://nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks.html

Current skate has been the first fulltime alt that wasnt blue and green since then. That's 15+ years of stability, a rarity for the canucks

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That's exactly the problem. People overinflate the Canucks "identity crisis", they've been consistently blue and green for the majority of their history at this point.

But the issue is that now that they brought back the Skate as a retro throwback, you have the people who would tell you bell bottoms or frosted tips will be in style forever demanding they go back to the skate full time because the 90s are trendy. And people with sense fear that they'll throw out the identity they've finally established with blue and green and look like a knock off Vegas/Calgary in order to appease either the extremely shrill minority who will demand they switch to whatever the flavour of the month is again 10 years later, or aren't fans in the first place.