College Football 2022

Kevin W.

16 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Pretty disappointing that michigan is going  mono blue most games now.

You do something as a one-off for the sake of novelty, you experience of success, superstition sets in, and boom, now you're wearing the look way more often than it was ever intended to be worn.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Some FANTASTIC looking games today. My top 5.

1. LSU/Arkansas

2. Virginia/Pitt

3. Bama/Ole Miss

4.  PSU/Maryland

5. Colorado State/Wyoming

EDIT: The nightcap has UCLA/Arizona which is all kinds of awesome and the snow puts Nevada/Boise in awesome territory as well. 

SDSU/SJSU would also belong but San Jose State is wearing Black pants for some reason???

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 11/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Iowa went mono black too. Actually looks alright IMO but man I don't want to see every team doind this. How long til we see mono red or white bama?

Although white Bama throwback helmets would be sick.

This might be the one single good thing about Alabama dominance. The moment they slip, especially after Saban retires, they are definitely going to start using alternate uniforms. It's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Iowa went mono black too. Actually looks alright IMO but man I don't want to see every team doind this. How long til we see mono red or white bama?

Although white Bama throwback helmets would be sick.

The 1953 Orange Bowl: Alabama Football's Racial Dilemma - Football Study  Hall

I don't think they'd look too bad either, but I'd rather they have the numbers on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This could very well mean nothing (just like USC posting the retro-themed stuff on social media a couple weeks ago), but interesting from Cal nonetheless:

Wouldn’t shock me if they break out the gold helmets with the Cal script logo for the Big Game, like an updated version of the ‘78-80 lids:

spacer.png

They already have the shells for the Roth throwbacks, so they could easily do a decal swap and remove or replace the center striping.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This could very well mean nothing (just like USC posting the retro-themed stuff on social media a couple weeks ago), but interesting from Cal nonetheless:

Wouldn’t shock me if they break out the gold helmets with the Cal script logo for the Big Game, like an updated version of the ‘78-80 lids:

spacer.png

They already have the shells for the Roth throwbacks, so they could easily do a decal swap and remove or replace the center striping.

Hopefully they'll have the Sather Stripe down the center to match the rest of the uniform

On 11/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, MJWalker45 said:

The 1953 Orange Bowl: Alabama Football's Racial Dilemma - Football Study  Hall

I don't think they'd look too bad either, but I'd rather they have the numbers on them. 

they rocked them in 1983-1984 I think, wearing them v LSU in Tiger stadium. And v Boston College. Bama in ❄️ ❄️ whites.  I'd like them to wear them when they go against a red/ Maroon helmeted school. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

14 hours ago, NH4 said:

Tennessee is debuting orange helmets 

I really like these. Orange pants would look great with these. BUT I'm guessing at some point this season WE WILL BE SUBJECTED TO MONO ORANGE BECAUSE IT GOING TO LOOK TIGHT  BRUH 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again