College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Watching highlights of the Frank Gore Jr./Southern Miss game and WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE NAMEPLATES FOR SOUTHERN MISS.

Every name apparently had to take up the entire nameplate, and then the letter size was adjusted based off of that. I'm not sure I really understand what any manufacturer is doing anymore, but it's almost as if Adidas has a "cheap" uniform option for smaller schools in order to make their big brands look even better. I can't think of anyone with sight can see take any look at those and think "This is a good look for our football team."  Even the number fonts for both USM & Rice are god-awful.

20 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

Watching highlights of the Frank Gore Jr./Southern Miss game and WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE NAMEPLATES FOR SOUTHERN MISS.

Every name apparently had to take up the entire nameplate, and then the letter size was adjusted based off of that. I'm not sure I really understand what any manufacturer is doing anymore, but it's almost as if Adidas has a "cheap" uniform option for smaller schools in order to make their big brands look even better. I can't think of anyone with sight can see take any look at those and think "This is a good look for our football team."  Even the number fonts for both USM & Rice are god-awful.

Aren’t nameplates done by the teams and not come strait from the manufacturers. I wouldn’t blame adidas for southerns nameplates looking like ass.

15 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

is it too much to ask Nike to google Eric Dickerson smu and get the correct font for current SMU unis? Half donkey effort 

The school asked for those. And it's not even the same design as the Dickerson uniform.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Aren’t nameplates done by the teams and not come strait from the manufacturers. I wouldn’t blame adidas for southerns nameplates looking like ass.

Schools do those in house, because they can have multiple players using the same jerseys. The bigger schools probably get them done by Nike, adidas and others, but not the G5 teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Schools do those in house, because they can have multiple players using the same jerseys. The bigger schools probably get them done by Nike, adidas and others, but not the G5 teams.

Even bigger schools don’t they just get the custom letters in bulk and schools then put them on in house. I saw something recently about Georgia repairing their jerseys in-house.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, razorback447 said:

Boise State and North Texas last night was a textbook example of everything not to do with your uniforms in 2022. Just an ugly, ugly matchup. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hated it from the moment they announced it. 

Stewart Mandel: Analyzing the merit of nontraditional powers; more mail -  Sports Illustrated

the inverse combo is more palatable ... even though its still BFBS

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Pretty sure these are new pants for Georgia to go with their new jersey template. This was posted on the UGA Football EQ Instagram page.

spacer.png

Hard to see what’s going on as far as the material, but I believe they are new because multiple players chimed in the comments saying things like “where are the black belts?” and that they tried them on and they fit very well. I will need to see them on a player but I feel like the G logos might be a bit smaller. Curious how the shade of silver/gray looks as well as the stripe width. A lot of fans want true silver britches. I am totally indifferent to that as many of the classic Georgia teams from the 1980s did not wear silver and had flat gray like today. However, I do think they should use a gray that is a shade or two darker for more contrast, particularly when worn with the white jersey.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Pretty sure these are new pants for Georgia to go with their new jersey template. This was posted on the UGA Football EQ Instagram page.

spacer.png

Hard to see what’s going on as far as the material, but I believe they are new because multiple players chimed in the comments saying things like “where are the black belts?” and that they tried them on and they fit very well. I will need to see them on a player but I feel like the G logos might be a bit smaller. Curious how the shade of silver/gray looks as well as the stripe width. A lot of fans want true silver britches. I am totally indifferent to that as many of the classic Georgia teams from the 1980s did not wear silver and had flat gray like today. However, I do think they should use a gray that is a shade or two darker for more contrast, particularly when worn with the white jersey.

I think Ohio State needs to do that as well. 

The Top 50 Ohio State Football Players in Buckeye History | News, Scores,  Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

The current pants are so flat, that they almost appear silver or white when worn with the away jerseys.

Ohio State vs. Maryland score, takeaways: Dallan Hayden powers No. 2  Buckeyes past upset-minded Terps - CBSSports.com

Christian Brothers alum scores 3 touchdowns in Ohio State vs. Maryland game

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

https://twitter.com/frog_football/status/1605056491316252672?s=46&t=GTDKs8wIhv4poAWppg4BRQ

@29texan — any info on this?

Sounds to me like the white uniform/pants with potentially a new white helmet? Or it could just mean TCU is going all white with their current white helmet.

They’re going all-white vs. Michigan:

Unlike Georgia and Ohio State, looks like they didn’t receive the new Vapor FUSE uniforms. Not all that surprising IMO, they didn’t even switch over to the Vapor Untouchable template until 2019. Nike’s probably had the template switch for programs like UGA, tOSU, Alabama, SC, etc. in the works for a couple of years, whereas for TCU it could be another year or two. I would fully expect Michigan to have the new template.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Unlike Georgia and Ohio State, looks like they didn’t receive the new Vapor FUSE uniforms. Not all that surprising IMO, they didn’t even switch over to the Vapor Untouchable template until 2019. Nike’s probably had the template switch for programs like UGA, tOSU, Alabama, SC, etc. in the works for a couple of years, whereas for TCU it could be another year or two. I would fully expect Michigan to have the new template.

That, and their current collar (ish) design probably doesn't mesh well with the new template's front seam.

ExJworW.png

50 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They’re going all-white vs. Michigan:

Ah, thank you sir. I was hoping for black/white/black with the new black helmet. That’s my favorite TCU away look.