2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 6/19/2022 at 12:33 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

All of the 17/18 can be seen as template changes, as the actual design didn’t change, Nike just had to adjust some things. (Except for Denver. The swapped the emphasis on navy and powder.)

Raptors weren't even a template change they've just remove side panels from jerseys but the question is how league look at tweaks when it comes to rules? IIRC in NFL any tweaks like e.g Dolphins made means 5 years waiting period.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

What in the world is this? This is a joke right? This is starting and finishing a school project the night before it's due. It's like they made the throwback as consolation for how badly they messed up this rebrand. 

Who the hell was in charge of this? Who are the testers? Who thought this was acceptable? Do they still have a job because they sure as hell should find new career after this! I need answers because this isn't it! 

• Like 10

XM4KeeA.png

6 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

This has been purely one of the worst rebrands of all-time! Brooklyn has to be #2 but they made up for it with their city uniforms and alternates. 

These simple 1920s uniform designs and fonts deserve all the hate they are getting. 

The Nets rebrand had a point and some design character to the uniforms and logos. The Jazz have absolutely nothing. It's just a J note and some generic font. There is literally nothing here. Say what you want about the Nets and Thunder but at least they had CHARACTER in their stuff. The Jazz eliminated everything, it is completely soulless and void of anything. It's like if a basketball team was shown in a sci-fi dystopian movie.

• Like 16

bSLCtu2.png

YuQhpct.png

obviously a shameless plug here... 

But would this have been so difficult? A modern take on the 90's uniforms? Hell it even looks decent in black and yellow (it's not highlighter but the point still gets made). 

No part of the rebrand is a winner. It's honestly all terrible. 

• Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

YuQhpct.png

But would this have been so difficult? A modern take on the 90's uniforms? Hell it even looks decent in black and yellow (it's not highlighter but the point still gets made). 

Those are pretty good, I would love to see something like those (or even those specifically)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

YuQhpct.png

Not bad.  Is the 90s light blue more teal than this, or is it an optical illusion. Can teal split take the place of the original green?   I'd like to see more yellow.  Feel like purple/yellow + accents of teal and black might work as a forever palette and work for j note, mountain and (not-red) red rock

12 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Not bad.  Is the 90s light blue more teal than this, or is it an optical illusion. Can teal split take the place of the original green?   I'd like to see more yellow.  Feel like purple/yellow + accents of teal and black might work as a forever palette and work for j note, mountain and (not-red) red rock

Take @colinturner95’s design, use indigo, teal, and and a more reddish-gold (to split the difference between copper and yellow), and Utah is set for a lifetime.

• Like 2

The NBA should just allow the Jazz to rebrand (again) as soon as possible.   If the fans hate it so much and merchandise is going to just sit, they might as well allow them to change after 2 or 3 years, not 5.  The alternative would be to introduce another vintage or purple based jersey next season and just wear them all the time like the Lakers did with the gold jersey when the NBA did away with the home/away designations, and wear the black/yellow jerseys the bare minimum.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Cleveland needs to unveil their new uniforms soon, right? The draft is next week, and you have to give the players ceremonial jerseys when you sign them.

You would think, but not necessarily. The last two times they unveiled new uniforms (2010, 2017), they did the reveals on Aug. 7 and Aug. 17. Then again, they didn’t make a pick in the drafts for either of those years, so having a jersey to hold up for a  introductory press conference wasn’t an issue. Hmm.

• Like 1

I’ve been to the Jazz team store twice since it was announced on Friday and I think people are buying merch just fine. 

Yeah everyone hates the jerseys but half the merch is black/white or white/black which everyone wears. I bought 3 shirts. A black with yellow, a yellow with black and my daughter wanted a black/white one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DJT said:

I’ve been to the Jazz team store twice since it was announced on Friday and I think people are buying merch just fine. 

Yeah everyone hates the jerseys but half the merch is black/white or white/black which everyone wears. I bought 3 shirts. A black with yellow, a yellow with black and my daughter wanted a black/white one. 

I’m fine with the color scheme (I mean look at my profile avatar), but I think things would have been better with fans if the jerseys highlighted the J-note more or full Jazz logo on it. I would buy a J-Note jersey in highlighter yellow and black.

I don’t know how much the addition of the purple jerseys were because of the demand for them, or just we screwed up with the design? 

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin