2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 9/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

E7k5ITb.png

This is what I was talking about. In red this uniform look really good, add full wordmark to that and you've got a winner.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, Old School Fool said:

According to NBA 2K23 it looks like the Celtics have removed the white circle from center court for the first time in franchise history.

spacer.png

Hell freakin' no! I hope is a mistake by 2k or it become an unused one like 75th court but not a real deal because it look ugly.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:35 PM, ThunderCeltic said:

NBA 2k23 uniform video is out now and so throwback uniforms were added. 2k does a much better job than The Show and Madden in terms of throwback uniforms.

Depends, many of 2k throwbacks got wrong fonts, some designs errors. They put a lot of them but they should go with quality not quanity.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

What changes in Sixers and Celtics? They looks same as current.  Nuggets switch to yellow wordmark, add stars and tweak collar. Knicks needs to have white outlines not blue, Timberwolves might be nice. Hornets look like tweaked collar and new wordmark. Rest of them are already known.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

The Lakers statement will look great, I think, if the premise is they have to use black. 

The Magic jersey will probably be one of their best

I like the slight changes to the Nuggets

Wish the Timberwolves jersey was their lighter/medium shade of blue with the neon green. That wordmark is better than the marks used on the Icon and Association (though last year's City "Wolves" is best ever)

The Knicks blue outlines will look better than a black/orange/white design.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If this is true:

The Good: 

• Orlando looks to be top tier, and I'm glad they brought back pinstripes for the blue jersey.
  • A deeper drop shadow for Philly, so that's ok.
  • No change for Boston
  • Denver actually knows how to properly use 3 colors? Wow!
  • Phoenix was probably told they couldn't keep the Valley jerseys, but this is a suitable replacement.
  • Brooklyn is nice, and I'm glad they're moving out of Spurs territory with thier old gray statement.

The Bad-ish:

• Memphis is here soley because the wordmark is huge. Meh for Mem.
  • New York needs white outlines instead of blue, but ok.
  • Clips are ok, simply combining the old sails with last years city jersey is ok.
  • Dallas, you've already had a nice navy blue jersey, and if you wanted the shoulder loops, just bring back the OG road jersey. 

The Ugly:

• Minnesota...what are you doing? 
  • Portland looks like they're bringing back the sleeved, one color logo X-mas jerseys from 2013
  • Why LA?? This is such a stray from tradition. This would look great as an alternate, just like the Magic Johnson City did. But to have no traditional purple/gold/white jersey is sacrilege.
  • Like 1

Seeing as Denver is making minor tweaks to their uniforms, I think it's time to fix their icon jersey. Gold is such a large part of their visual identity, but they opted for a white collar and arm stripes?? I get that white is apparent in their logos, but I would hardly consider it a team color. White numbers on the jersey are enough anyway.

Swapping white for gold would boost the jersey significantly imo.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If this is true:

The Good: 

• Orlando looks to be top tier, and I'm glad they brought back pinstripes for the blue jersey.
  • A deeper drop shadow for Philly, so that's ok.
  • No change for Boston
  • Denver actually knows how to properly use 3 colors? Wow!
  • Phoenix was probably told they couldn't keep the Valley jerseys, but this is a suitable replacement.
  • Brooklyn is nice, and I'm glad they're moving out of Spurs territory with thier old gray statement.

The Bad-ish:

• Memphis is here soley because the wordmark is huge. Meh for Mem.
  • New York needs white outlines instead of blue, but ok.
  • Clips are ok, simply combining the old sails with last years city jersey is ok.
  • Dallas, you've already had a nice navy blue jersey, and if you wanted the shoulder loops, just bring back the OG road jersey. 

The Ugly:

• Minnesota...what are you doing? 
  • Portland looks like they're bringing back the sleeved, one color logo X-mas jerseys from 2013
  • Why LA?? This is such a stray from tradition. This would look great as an alternate, just like the Magic Johnson City did. But to have no traditional purple/gold/white jersey is sacrilege.

the only thing Minnesota's jersey has going for it is the wordmark, its kinda nice imo. could rebuild the branding around that. its got some of the pointiness of the 90s font in a more modern typeface. the rest......my goodness