2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 8/29/2022 at 2:49 PM, projectjohn said:

I know those days are sadly over, what with economies of scale from templated designs, but it's a shame. I remember Nike had still had some degree of individuality on warmups as recently as the early 2000s when they had the contract for 8 teams. Both the Celtics and Pistons had classic style warmups at that time.

detroit-pistons-v-washington-wizards.web

rodney-rogers-warms-up.webp?s=2048x2048&

Remembering the higher quality of the Nike 1.0 days was a big part of the reason I was excited when they got the NBA deal in 2017, but unfortunately it's been a disappointment.

Economy of scale...for runs of 15-20 pieces in freakish sizes...for multimillionaire employed by billionaires. I don't get it. It's not like warmup jackets are a big merch seller either right?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mmejia said:

This set has a white-yellow-white striping pattern  spacer.png

The yellow's not as thick as the Rockets' teaser images. 

Plus, Conrad gave a thumb-up on the green/yellow version, and I assume that means something. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The uniform itself is clean and nice. I just wish the rockets could do red and yellow and throw back to the first years in Houston. I get that the franchise started in San Diego but there was nothing historical about it. It was 4 seasons of sub .500 play. Most people don't even know that the Rockets started as a San Diego team. I get that by doing this, more people will now know about it. Maybe I'm just frustrated since so many of the Rockets alt/city connect uniforms were mandarin/lunar new years uniforms to capitalize of their popularity in China so here is another uniform that has zero history or connection to Houston.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tantheman said:

Looking at game programs it appears they wore different shorts throughout the '67 season.  This was a photo of Donald Kojis with the correct shorts. 

spacer.png

The only images I've found of the Rockets wearing those shorts are from that one preseason game vs. Seattle and promo images like the one above. I've found no evidence that they were worn in a regular season game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The uniform itself is clean and nice. I just wish the rockets could do red and yellow and throw back to the first years in Houston. I get that the franchise started in San Diego but there was nothing historical about it. It was 4 seasons of sub .500 play. Most people don't even know that the Rockets started as a San Diego team. I get that by doing this, more people will now know about it. Maybe I'm just frustrated since so many of the Rockets alt/city connect uniforms were mandarin/lunar new years uniforms to capitalize of their popularity in China so here is another uniform that has zero history or connection to Houston.

I mean, it's a valid frustration. These are ultimately schemes to sell more merch and add a little extra interest to watching the game. The historical record is not validated by what throwbacks get worn. So going all the way back to the franchise's first year, if said first year was a brief blip in a different city in a time that was so ramshackle that the uniforms weren't even consistent (as this thread has shown) is maybe missing the forest for the trees. Are any Rockets fans really secretly jonesing to wear Sonics merch?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Digby said:

I mean, it's a valid frustration. These are ultimately schemes to sell more merch and add a little extra interest to watching the game. The historical record is not validated by what throwbacks get worn. So going all the way back to the franchise's first year, if said first year was a brief blip in a different city in a time that was so ramshackle that the uniforms weren't even consistent (as this thread has shown) is maybe missing the forest for the trees. Are any Rockets fans really secretly jonesing to wear Sonics merch?

Something I didn't consider is in the past 10-15 years, the Rockets have either done a throwback or reverse retro to every era of uniform they have worn except the San Diego period so I guess it was either time to do it or start repeating yourself by wearing the white versions of previous throwbacks.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Discogod said:

The only images I've found of the Rockets wearing those shorts are from that one preseason game vs. Seattle and promo images like the one above. I've found no evidence that they were worn in a regular season game.

Same thing so they suprised me to bring back those shorts and not these one they actually wore in season but like I said Rockets had big mess with uniforms back then. Trims on home was green-white-yellow as well as yellow-green-white as well as yellow-green. Away has white wordmark and yellow too.

4r2eer.png