2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 8/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Say what you want about the powder blues, but these were beautiful:

Denver+Nuggets+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+9W7u

No, this is what I was talking about when I said the Nuggets had something interesting going and threw it away to be another navy/gold team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/26/2022 at 9:45 AM, gosioux76 said:

I'll never understand the love for the satiny dazzle fabric of the early 2000s, but it's also likely it was never meant for me to like. I presume this was a thing because a fashion trend from the era.  I seem to recall a lot of brands, Fubu comes to mind, that made streetwear jerseys with this look.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzgTQP4A-kAk5k38bDvgu

It could be nostalgia but I feel like dazzle fabric has extra depth because the way the light hits it. It really exaggerates the contrast between highlights and shadows. With certain colors it looks great

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

No, this is what I was talking about when I said the Nuggets had something interesting going and threw it away to be another navy/gold team.

They were really nice alts but without the powder blues as primaries they aren't as cool

• Like 2

They're a relic of that time when there were so many navy blue jerseys that we speculated that it was an end-run around David Stern banning black jerseys. As I was saying in this thread or another thread, the back end of the 2000s was the dark night of the soul for NBA aesthetics (the front end was that for gameplay and star power).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Was just e-shopping today when saw these NBA on-court warm-up jackets for the 2022-23 season:

dallas-mavericks-showtime-dri-fit-nba-ho

milwaukee-bucks-showtime-dri-fit-nba-hoo

los-angeles-lakers-showtime-dri-fit-nba-

Why do Nike NBA jackets look worse with each succeeding design? They hit it off on the first one! Here's the evolution:

2017-19

s-l300.jpg

2019-20

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCfy35HerNttVur7PsnIE

2020-21

golden-state-warriors-showtime-therma-fl

2021-22

youth-nike-royal-golden-state-warriors-l

Never liked the black fabric on the hood though.

Now seems about the right time to air my annual lament that the NBA was better when each team had its own unique warmup designs. 

I've mentioned this before, but my favorite part of the All-Star Game was seeing the players called out in their different warmups. It really showcased how colorful the league was at the time.  

• Like 7

On 8/29/2022 at 1:02 PM, TheRealPepman said:

Perhaps my perspective was more from a fan's perspective. I'm just not wearing those 22-23 jackets unlike their previous iterations. 

Didn't realize that. But really, all said and done, I prefer it clean like the 2017 ones.

It's certainly a matter of personal preference, but a single large wordmark across the front with a (comparably) minimized swoosh feels about as clean as you can get. In addition to that, it's very minimalist relative to the others -- no black along the zippers, the striping is limited to small ones on the cuffs and a single stripe (on some) on the sides. 

Of this one-design-fits all approach, these are the nicest yet. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Now seems about the right time to air my annual lament that the NBA was better when each team had its own unique warmup designs. 

I've mentioned this before, but my favorite part of the All-Star Game was seeing the players called out in their different warmups. It really showcased how colorful the league was at the time.  

I know those days are sadly over, what with economies of scale from templated designs, but it's a shame. I remember Nike had still had some degree of individuality on warmups as recently as the early 2000s when they had the contract for 8 teams. Both the Celtics and Pistons had classic style warmups at that time.

detroit-pistons-v-washington-wizards.web

rodney-rogers-warms-up.webp?s=2048x2048&

Remembering the higher quality of the Nike 1.0 days was a big part of the reason I was excited when they got the NBA deal in 2017, but unfortunately it's been a disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I liked the navy Nuggets for three reasons: the lack of white, the wordmark change not being great but at least saving us from more Aachen Bold, and powder blue being too light a color to use as an away IMO. The current royal blue one is a nice color combo that feels as "classic Nuggets" as is able to exist with some modern flair to it, just a shame about the "Mile High Basketball" nonsense. The current colors and wordmarks and logos all feel appropriate for Denver in the 2020s, but does seem oddly difficult to make a decent jersey out of.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

$100 it's just another 90's throwback, probably to the 93-94 championship team.

90s throwback didn’t have white/yellow/white anything…so cha ching lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Seems to be white (perforation on numbers) like Conrad said and Rockets have 55th anniversary this year so it would fit into that one mystery team who receive classic. I'd say it's gonna be this:

20838255%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

20793882%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

First image fits to that yellow stripe on shorts. Secons to numbers, third to trims and fourth look like close-up to wordmark.

Btw I found they had a big mess with uniforms back in San Diego.

• Like 6

4r2eer.png