2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

8 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Leaks say this is the Portland statement jersey.

portland-trail-blazers-22-23-statement-j

This matches the list of unleaked jerseys so far. I believe it had 1-2 red jerseys and Portland's statement jersey has reached the replacement threshold.

It's unfortunate that they lost the sash though, as there was nothing really prompting a jersey change.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

This matches the list of unleaked jerseys so far. I believe it had 1-2 red jerseys and Portland's statement jersey has reached the replacement threshold.

It's unfortunate that they lost the sash though, as there was nothing really prompting a jersey change.

As a Blazers fan, I’m actually okay with it losing the sash and actually kind of like the side panel design as something completely different for the red uni. I can’t get on board with the pinwheel on the chest, though, especially since it’s inexplicably monochrome instead of full-color. The white sticks out like a sore thumb, too, which is another reason why the full-color pinwheel should’ve been used if they insisted on going with it on the chest.

With the popularity of the ‘77 championship red unis, I’m surprised and continually disappointed that they haven’t tried a vertical wordmark on a new red uni.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i’m actually not a big fan of these. i really liked their statement jerseys as is. i’d rather the MEM pattern be subtle. like how it was originally just on the collar and waist. 

Yes, this one feels like a change just for change's sake, and they downgraded at that. The collar and arm trim was their thing on these.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eibram said:

Random question. Are the purple Jazz classic jerseys for this upcoming season? How come they don't have the same NIKE logo that the other classics have?

Because they are leftovers from 19/20 season. Jazz made last minute decision to add classic uniform.

BTW: Congrats of new site!

4r2eer.png

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Because they are leftovers from 19/20 season. Jazz made last minute decision to add classic uniform.

BTW: Congrats of new site!

Right gotcha. The inconsistency was just bothering me so much. Also, thanks!

spacer.png

This wasn't a good identity but it was a great uniform:

fe7233a199c6862bc015aa1c50e948f1.jpg

(Talking about the Nuggets, though I liked those Cavs uniforms too)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'll never understand the love for the satiny dazzle fabric of the early 2000s, but it's also likely it was never meant for me to like. I presume this was a thing because a fashion trend from the era.  I seem to recall a lot of brands, Fubu comes to mind, that made streetwear jerseys with this look.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzgTQP4A-kAk5k38bDvgu

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eibram said:

Random question. Are the purple Jazz classic jerseys for this upcoming season? How come they don't have the same NIKE logo that the other classics have?

Are they not considered the city jersey?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So is Utah going to do what Memphis did in 2019/20 and just use the "Classic" as the "City" edition?

Also no news on "Earned Uniforms" as they only appeared in 2019 and 2021 seasons respectfully.  Since the playoffs will be in an odd numbered year you would think the "Earned" sets would come back.

So are clubs going to change up their "Statement" uniforms to be entirely different than the Home and Away (Association and Icon). Remember that back before the NIKE takeover the Alternates (Statement) for the most part mirrored their Home and Away set. So will the Heat come out with a totally different Red "Statement" uniform in a few years that is totally different. I ask because Portland's new red statement doesn't say "Portland" or "Blazers".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'll never understand the love for the satiny dazzle fabric of the early 2000s, but it's also likely it was never meant for me to like. I presume this was a thing because a fashion trend from the era.  I seem to recall a lot of brands, Fubu comes to mind, that made streetwear jerseys with this look.

I think anytime there's a new fabric innovation (or reintroduction), it gets points for being new and different. In the case of the Nuggets, as I recall, they were the only team using satin fabric, which also aligned with Melo coming to the franchise and the Nuggets feeling like they had a pulse for the first time in a decade. It was a new uniform in a new era. And while I can't prove it, I'm sure the satin looked especially nice on CRT TVs that most people were still using in 2003/2004; light hit different on those old tube TVs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags