2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

18 hours ago, Discogod said:

So the Wolves have had Prince and now Dylan inspired unis?

I can't wait for the inevitable Hüsker Dü themed uniforms. 

Love Hüsker Dü, but a Replacements themed uniform would be 🔥🔥🔥.

• Like 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The Grizzlies permanently returning to teal (preferably with gold, like the pinstriped city jersey) would be such a huge upgrade. I know the double blue thing is kinda their brand now but it's never worked for me. The bright teal as opposed to Charlotte's more dull shade would be such a welcome addition to the NBA's color palette.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

So Brooklyn can roll out NJ throwbacks in back-to-back years and then proceed to release a 10-year anniversary logo? It's a good-looking logo, and clever use of the herringbone pattern, but this team needs to pick either 1967 (and embrace NJ history) or 2012 (and ignore everything across the river) as their starting date.

Also, I second @CDCLTthat Memphis's bright teal returning would be splendiferous. We've already seen what it looks like paired with thier current navy blue and yellow, thanks to their City warmups from last year.

uz2sa4odujx71.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Discogod said:

So the Wolves have had Prince and now Dylan inspired unis?

I can't wait for the inevitable Hüsker Dü themed uniforms. 

….Followed by Tiny Tim. Lots of, uh, source material to work with there. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

T’Wolves Through the Tulips. I’ll see myself out.

• LOL 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So Brooklyn can roll out NJ throwbacks in back-to-back years and then proceed to release a 10-year anniversary logo? It's a good-looking logo, and clever use of the herringbone pattern, but this team needs to pick either 1967 (and embrace NJ history) or 2012 (and ignore everything across the river) as their starting date.

But this is 10 years anniversary of being in Brooklyn not Nets as Nets. Grizzlies also celebrate 10 years in Memphis and even 20 years in 20/21 season.  Sixers also did same with celebrate their time in Philly back in 02/03.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

Was at the mall yesterday and saw a Statement edition Jayson Tatum jersey (swingman I presume). I noticed that his signature was stitched on the number, making it look like it was an autograph. Anyone know about this? What was weird was that it was $140 CAD, which is $10 below what Nike.ca has the 2022-23 Icon edition swingman priced at. 

15 minutes ago, CFSB said:

Was at the mall yesterday and saw a Statement edition Jayson Tatum jersey (swingman I presume). I noticed that his signature was stitched on the number, making it look like it was an autograph. Anyone know about this? What was weird was that it was $140 CAD, which is $10 below what Nike.ca has the 2022-23 Icon edition swingman priced at. 

Lids? They're stitching all kinds of ugly crap on hats, they might have started doing this on jerseys too...

On 8/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, WestCoastBias said:

That's what happens when the generation that grew up with the Wizards wearing Blue & Gold has become adults now. 

This comment reminded me of this Deadspin article. "Why the 2004-2007 Washington Wizards That Never Won Anything Were Fun To Blog About" is bad enough, but then it links to a McSweeney's post that the fun-having Wizards bloggers wrote, and now I'm not having any fun.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

"Copper" is the shade you see above. They changed it in 2007 to the "gold" shown below so that they could have the gold alternate jersey.

20091216-002041-pic-38628041.jpg

Actually the gold jerseys came around about a year or two before they changed the regular set's bronze to gold IIRC.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Who else still has yet to release their classic jerseys? I know Miami hasn't, but they're supposed to go with these...

spacer.png

• Like 2

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

On 8/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Also, I second @CDCLTthat Memphis's bright teal returning would be splendiferous. We've already seen what it looks like paired with thier current navy blue and yellow, thanks to their City warmups from last year.

uz2sa4odujx71.jpg

That would be a nice color to bring back. It would make them stick out from a design standpoint.  As bad as the Grizzlies were during the Vancouver years, that color still manages to be somewhat iconic to their identity. I was never a fan of them abandoning it. Even their early Memphis color way was unique.

• Like 1