2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

Brown and seafoam green would have been a cool update of their original black/brown/teal/red color scheme, which was interesting but had too much going on, especially by the end with those black/white scripts with teal/red trim. What they're doing in the picture above is kinda neat, but that level of '90s whimsy feels reserved for the Hornets. It ends up being a little too vivid for grit-n-grind Memphis.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm ok with the Grizzlies' color scheme, as long as they feature yellow more prominently, like they used to do in their previous sets, and what the current primaries are lacking.

Not feeling teal as a primary base color for them anymore, at least not with yellow.

Edited by truepg
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Just you

It's the 80s nostalgia that is getting old lol

How so? We've seen six NBA teams (GS, PHX, WAS, UTA, DET, MIL) release a 90s throwback uniform in the past week, and plenty more in the past 5 seasons (MEM, BRK, CHA, CLE, ORL, TOR, MIN). For some teams, those are their best looks, and I'm fine with them throwing back to it, but we're starting to reach 1990s overload status, imo (in pop culture in general, not just the NBA).

Also, what 80s nostalgia are you referring to? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Honestly I'm 30 and I'm scared of the inevitable Y2K nostalgia wave 😂

It's gonna happen.

c365422f9daa7c7acbbeabf4b18489aa_crop_ex

• Love 2
  • LOL 13
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, LAL_BITW said:

Seems like the Rockets will use their Mixtape edition as City Jerseys this season

On the one hand, I'm glad that retaining city editions from year to year is becoming a bit more common, albeit still not even close to being common enough. On the other, I don't like this set, probably one of my least favorite from the mixtape editions last year.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 minutes ago, eRay said:

I can't wait until every jersey is eventually a throwback, complete with huge fans on twitter posting "🔥🔥🔥"

spacer.png

Yeah this ugly mix of piping and random panels is what I had in mind when I said I was scared of a Y2K resurgence ahah. To be fair, it's not quite Y2K, though. The real, overbearing and universal turn-of-the-millennium trend was the darkening of pre-existing colour schemes. The piping nonsense came a few years later

• Like 2

I get the dislike for 2000's NBA jerseys, as some jerseys just aren't meant to see the light of day again, but there are some significant (and less appalling) jerseys that will get the throwback nod in the coming years/decades.

CuWmqp8.jpg

okpJnkA.jpg

Throw in the NJ Nets and the AI-era Sixers if you want to bridge the 90's-00's gap as well.

As 2000's nostalgia develops I'm sure that some other jerseys will gain popularity and make their return. These jerseys aren't perfect, but throwbacks aren't going to disappear in the coming years, so you'd better get ready to see some of these return to the court.

• Like 11

The NBA in 2005 was really bursting with bad and/or depressing uniforms. The Cavaliers were one of the only good ones. As annoying as the current era is, where there are more bad uniforms because there are simply more of them to go around, mid-aughts NBA had the fewest good ones.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫