2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Pistons are making a slight alteration to their shorts. It looks like the 313 logo is being promoted to the official logo set. Hopefully this means the DP logo will be sunset for good.

I prefer the main ball logo in place of the DP and I prefer the main ball logo jnstead of the 313 ball logo, but two main logos are overkill, so I'm fine if the waistband didn't have a logo or if the Pistons brought back waistband trim like the Bulls have it and like the 1988-89, 1989-90 Pistons teams had it.  Just my personal opinion.

14 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I liked the DP monogram, more than this 313 biker logo. This whole “Embrace Detroit/Look like the Lions” thing has been a turn for the worse.

Their design team isn’t good. Other than the 2017 primary logo, I can’t think of a single thing they’ve done that I’ve liked in at least 10 years. I suppose finally getting rid of the gray jersey would qualify.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Pistons are making a slight alteration to their shorts. It looks like the 313 logo is being promoted to the official logo set. Hopefully this means the DP logo will be sunset for good.

Looking more closely at the primary logo on the shorts, is the outer outline white now, instead of gray as it was previously? I certainly wouldn’t mind gray being officially removed from the Pistons color scheme.

The plot thickens…

I’m as stoked as anyone about a purple note (and the supposed purple mountain court inside), but between the black/yellow leaks and now purple looking more and more prominent, this is starting to look really disjointed and odd.

The only theory I have is this: black/yellow leaks were so unpopular that they felt like they needed to overhype the supposed purple city edition as a peace offering of sorts during the rebrand reveal. The black/yellow stuff is likely going to get blasted, so maybe they figure they can soften the blow this way. 

Again, that’s just theory, but I don’t know why else you’d prominently feature a color at the arena that isn’t even a primary color of your new rebrand.

• Like 12

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

My feeling on the Pistons is that they are always obligated to have some crappy secondary logo that they don't need and isn't popular, but they try anyway. Whether it's the ball horse or the DP monogram or, now, the 313 thing. They can cycle through them all but the Pistons' primary logo is always going to be the only one that actually matters.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The plot thickens…

I’m as stoked as anyone about a purple note (and the supposed purple mountain court inside), but between the black/yellow leaks and now purple looking more and more prominent, this is starting to look really disjointed and odd.

The only theory I have is this: black/yellow leaks were so unpopular that they felt like they needed to overhype the supposed purple city edition as a peace offering of sorts during the rebrand reveal. The black/yellow stuff is likely going to get blasted, so maybe they figure they can soften the blow this way. 

Again, that’s just theory, but I don’t know why else you’d prominently feature a color at the arena that isn’t even a primary color of your new rebrand.

This sounds pretty spot on to me. Nearly everyone hates the black/yellow/white so lets focus on purple that nearly everyone loves.

I'm still excited to see the full black/yellow/white set and get a look at the shorts/stripes.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Better pic. It's an interesting shade of purple. Trends towards the 90's rebrand purple rather than the redder 80s purple.

• Like 4

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

23 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They should just quit beating around the bush and get back to that visual identity...even if simplified and scaled down. It's the best they ever had. (Don't @ me on this...)

22 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Where are the Lakes in Los Angeles? They're an established brand/identity, should they also give up their name because it originated and existed somewhere else for a shorter period than it's current form and location? 🙄

Well, there's Echo Lake & Silver Lake, but yeah, beyond that, well um...yyyeeeaaahhh...

20 hours ago, kimball said:

I miss the flaming horse. That was a serious misstep when they went away from it.

445.gif

I've always really liked that. Speaks to what internal combustion engines produce in terms of propulsion: horsepower. Perhaps it can be cleaned up some, but they should definitely keep that around.

55 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Better pic. It's an interesting shade of purple. Trends towards the 90's rebrand purple rather than the redder 80s purple.

How much of their revenue have these people spent on paint lately?

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Purple and light blue with an occasional black and neon yellow?  I'm down with that!

Is there a requirement on how many games each uniform is worn?  Maybe can do mostly purple with only a few black and yellow games?

The problem with that is, they may as well have been a purple primary team and not even entertained black/yellow at that point. It looks really bad on them to do a full-on rebrand, then basically dump it wherever and whenever they can out of the gate. I imagine the team is going to have to strike a more delicate balance than that to at least make thier efforts worth it. 

Dont get me wrong, I’d gladly take purple full-time over the black/yellow (and I am pleased to see more purple now), but this is a pretty bad hole they’ve dug themselves into with this rebrand. Pushing purple as a possible damage control failsafe looks like a pretty big mea culpa to me. If that’s true, then they’re going to have to ride this out until they can rebrand again. Even more hilarious now when I remember how emphatic Smith was about fixing the Jazz brand confusion, and now he may have just cratered it. 

Basically, Ryan Smith just Gob’ed this up.

spacer.png

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

28 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

So now I'm confusing. What Jazz gonna unveil tommorow? Rebrand? City? Both?

They will unveil it all from what I understand. The black/yellow/white and the purple. They may focus more on the purple because of the backlash to the black/yellow set.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DJT said:

They will unveil it all from what I understand. The black/yellow/white and the purple. They may focus more on the purple because of the backlash to the black/yellow set.

Apparently the reveal will be online at 11am local time (MT).

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

I mean, the rumors are that the City Edition will be purple. And those only last a year so it's hard to get too excited about it if that's the only purple in the set.

The Jazz are one of the few (possibly the only ones) who haven't changed theirs every year, City and Statement