2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

Legit, I like that, when they aren’t wearing black alternates, the Cavaliers will have a unique color scheme in the league. I was never really okay with them dropping the metallic gold for yellow. The sword shouldn’t have been eliminated, though, and the flag was really good too. 

I suspect their uniforms will be more or less decent as long as they stick to their two main colors, but I fear they may not do that very often, since everybody wears black a bunch and they won their only championship in it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DJT said:

New photo of the Jazz jersey coming soon. Looks like a gray-ish looking stripe down the side? Probably their powder blue or whatever they call it. 

spacer.png

God...no wonder Quin Snyder bailed.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, DJT said:

New photo of the Jazz jersey coming soon. Looks like a gray-ish looking stripe down the side? Probably their powder blue or whatever they call it. 

spacer.png

As someone who decided to try to follow the NBA and become a Jazz fan a couple years ago (maybe four or five at this point) but did not really follow the league nor the Jazz at all this season, if these are the jerseys, I think I honestly might be done as a Jazz fan.

I can't say I really missed following the NBA this season due to everything else going on in my life (and it already was a distant fourth of the Big4 and then a distant sixth if you include the CFL and Junior hockey) and this might be the sign that I should be done with the NBA, plus with the Jazz recent on-court failures and whatever is going on behind the scenes, I don't know if I want to get more invested again.

These jerseys stink.

IbjBaeE.png

I have seen quite a few “Jazz” fans say they will no longer be a fan when these jerseys come out and I just don’t get that. 

Maybe it’s just a compound of a disappointing few seasons, bleak future, and now a bad redesign, but teams go through ups and downs, to have their aesthetic be the straw that broke the camels back seems a bit much. 

But to each their own. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, DJT said:

I have seen quite a few “Jazz” fans say they will no longer be a fan when these jerseys come out and I just don’t get that. 

Maybe it’s just a compound of a disappointing few seasons, bleak future, and now a bad redesign, but teams go through ups and downs, to have their aesthetic be the straw that broke the camels back seems a bit much. 

But to each their own. 

For me at least, as a journeyman NBA fan as Seattle is still without a team, watching the Jazz rebrand to colors with no history with the team, seeming crapping on everything the team has built in the last few seasons, I can see how fans would be upset with what is apparently coming and want to renounce their fan-ship(?)

Idk, but to me it feels like the owner is crapping on everything that the Jazz tried to build on. 

• Like 3

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 hours ago, DJT said:

But to each their own. 

When the team no longer look the team you root for, it only natural to stop caring.  

You need to at least recognizes a tiny bit. And these colors are just insanely awful

57 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

When the team no longer look the team you root for, it only natural to stop caring.  

You need to at least recognizes a tiny bit. And these colors are just insanely awful

I really have no idea how these got past the concept stage, let alone a prototype produced, and even worse into production and going to be used for at least a few seasons.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Only teams with any anniversaries ends on 0 or 5.

This rule has been stated many times as fact, but in reality the ability to wear throwbacks is pretty arbitrary. 

The Warriors had throwbacks for four of the last five years. The Pacers wore Hoosiers throwbacks for several years in a row despite having zero championships. 

When teams have 17  championships like the Lakers and the Celtics, the rule pretty much allows them to have a throwback every year, doesn't it? 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, DJT said:

But to each their own. 

I never said I wasn't going to still be a fan. I said I was going to save money not buying gear and depending on what happens with the team not go to games.

I am however, not a fan of Ryan Smith or his way of ruining/running the team

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

I never said I wasn't going to still be a fan. I said I was going to save money not buying gear and depending on what happens with the team not go to games.

I am however, not a fan of Ryan Smith or his way of ruining/running the team

Thats pretty much where I’m at. My fanship for the Jazz is never going away, but my excitement for and hope in this team has dropped significantly. And it’s a combination of multiple things: chronic and severe underachievement, ownership and management that gets more questionable by the day, the likelihood of next year’s team either underachieving again or being really, really bad if they firesale (not sure which is worse or better, honestly), and a tone-deaf rebrand that’s almost hilariously bad. All of this leaves me feeling almost embarrassed to be a fan right now. 

Does that mean I’ll stop being a fan? Nope, never. I’m with the Jazz for life. But what I am stopping is allowing myself to get excited or have high expectations for this franchise until I see a tide turn, when and if that happens. I guess one positive I can glean from the franchise’s mess right now is that I could watch or go to games and just enjoy being there without having any expectations whatsoever, which is a stark contrast from expecting too much and getting let down too often every year.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Thats pretty much where I’m at. My fanship for the Jazz is never going away, but my excitement for and hope in this team has dropped significantly. And it’s a combination of multiple things: chronic and severe underachievement, ownership and management that gets more questionable by the day, the likelihood of next year’s team either underachieving again or being really, really bad if they firesale (not sure which is worse or better, honestly), and a tone-deaf rebrand that’s almost hilariously bad. All of this leaves me feeling almost embarrassed to be a fan right now. 

Does that mean I’ll stop being a fan? Nope, never. I’m with the Jazz for life. But what I am stopping is allowing myself to get excited or have high expectations for this franchise until I see a tide turn, when and if that happens. I guess one positive I can glean from the franchise’s mess right now is that I could watch or go to games and just enjoy being there without having any expectations whatsoever, which is a stark contrast from expecting too much and getting let down too often every year.

I completely agree with this sentiment. 

Also on the bright side maybe ticket prices will drop back down haha. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I very much hope that all of these leaks having the city or team name instead of dumb nicknames like "City Never Sleeps" or "The Land" is a league wide trend. This Knicks one looks pretty much just like a traditional alternate jersey, for instance. It's benign enough it's kind of a shame it's for one year only.

• Like 7

They're doing earned edition uniforms next year right? My guess is the Hawks do either a white or red version of their black uniform. As in they include black elements unlike the standard white and red uniforms. 

For the city, if they choose to stick with something close to the primary uniforms, I'm guessing they'll use the ATL from this logo on the front. 

Atlanta Hawks (2021 - Pres)

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png