2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

spacer.png

These were perfect.

i agree - why change so much? Even incorporating old identities no one was really attached to anyway. I suppose their comic sans owner is just greedy for bumps in merch sales?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 6/4/2022 at 12:24 AM, Lights Out said:

This Cavs rebrand is horrible. Just switch to brown and orange and promote the 2K League logo to the big-league club, it's not hard.

History is too disjointed, therefore start over with another unrelated palette. The Utah Jazz approach.

19 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The battle flag logo was lowkey underrated, IMO. I thought this was the best logo of the set, and it was the most underused. You only saw it on Fox Sports Ohio broadcasts or on second-rate sports sites like Fansided.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Go Cleveland Buccaneers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

spacer.png

These were perfect.

i agree - why change so much? Even incorporating old identities no one was really attached to anyway. I suppose their comic sans owner is just greedy for bumps in merch sales?

I agree that these were their best look. But looking at it now, I think it sort of suffers slightly by its reliance on the full-word “Cavaliers” script having to carry the visual weight. 

That thought goes back to the Wolves v. Timberwolves discussion earlier. I think had they added a CAVS wordmark to that set, it would have made those jerseys even stronger.

• Like 1

On a side note, I’d somehow forgotten just how baggy uniforms had become by the mid 2000’s. LeBron looked like he was wearing everything two sizes too big in that photo!

I’ve lamented quite a bit about the state of NBA uniforms these days, but one thing that has improved significantly in this day and age is the fit of basketball uniforms. It’s much better now than it was 20 years ago, that’s for sure.

• Like 16

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I really think this was their best look, even though it was just a special uniform.

s-l500.jpg

spacer.png

I personally liked the 2015-16 version a little more. 

• Like 3

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On 6/2/2022 at 3:01 PM, Dynasty said:

I knew they were gonna change even before the rumors or leaks; THIS is the Cavaliers. Like almost half the league, they don't want a consistent identity and apparently they are fine with that. They just want to make money with an every-now-and-then "fresh" look and when it gets stale, they spin the wheel.

They'll probably either change the shade of colors again or add a new one in about 4-5 years.

Is that how , for example, Premier League kits work?   General colors and elements refreshed frequently - with an unrelated "clash" palette also available.  Not traditional for US sports, but not unreasonable or unprecedented.

8 hours ago, chakfu said:

Is that how , for example, Premier League kits work?   General colors and elements refreshed frequently - with an unrelated "clash" palette also available.  Not traditional for US sports, but not unreasonable or unprecedented.

Not excatly because that applied mostly to away/alternate kits (we could compare that to city/earned in NBA), home kits in 99% cases are in traditional clubs colors like red for United, blue for Everton, white-red for Arsenal etc, etc.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, DJT said:

A random twitter account said the new Utah Jazz jerseys will be released on June 17th. 

🤷‍♂️

That's too bad. I'm still going to be thinking about this travesty on my birthday. Kind of ruins the whole thing, which is impressive because it's already ruined since my birthday just reminds me of my lost youth as I circle the drain of eternity.

• LOL 4

On 6/5/2022 at 12:18 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

On a side note, I’d somehow forgotten just how baggy uniforms had become by the mid 2000’s. LeBron looked like he was wearing everything two sizes too big in that photo!

I’ve lamented quite a bit about the state of NBA uniforms these days, but one thing that has improved significantly in this day and age is the fit of basketball uniforms. It’s much better now than it was 20 years ago, that’s for sure.

The New Orleans Hornets, who had collars but no cuffs, always looked even baggier than most. They felt like some of the worst offenders in the NBA's jersey-that-thinks-it's-a-vest era. 

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

33 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The New Orleans Hornets, who had collars but no cuffs, always looked even baggier than most. They felt like some of the worst offenders in the NBA's jersey-that-thinks-it's-a-vest era. 

Now that you mentioned it, baggy jerseys with collar trim but no shoulder cuffs were the worst (especially on small guards)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Not sure if this was noted here, but the Suns have decided to delay their new uniforms (Association (white) and Icon (purple)). They'll be sticking with their current set through at least next season, with only the City and Statement set to change.

Edited by officeglenn
Embedded tweet
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JuicedSportsNow said:

Not sure if this was noted here, but the Suns have decided to delay their new uniforms (Association (white) and Icon (purple)). They'll be sticking with their current set through at least next season, with only the City and Statement set to change.

Suns Uniforms Twitter Post

Well this sucks, but perhaps it was supply chain (seems unlikely) or perhaps it was due to the new Classic looking too familiar to the new jerseys, and they put the new jerseys off a year. 

Though I'm interested in the new Statement jersey - that's not a Valley jersey, correct? 

In the leaks article on the mothership, the new City was jade/turquoise. Didn't see a new Statement for the Suns.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well this sucks, but perhaps it was supply chain (seems unlikely) or perhaps it was due to the new Classic looking too familiar to the new jerseys, and they put the new jerseys off a year. 

Though I'm interested in the new Statement jersey - that's not a Valley jersey, correct? 

In the leaks article on the mothership, the new City was jade/turquoise. Didn't see a new Statement for the Suns.  

This should be it, unless I'm mistaken

• Like 3