2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

19 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Now that you mentioned it, baggy jerseys with collar trim but no shoulder cuffs were the worst (especially on small guards)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love the Sixers but hated the wide shoulders.

When your basketball jersey can be confused for a sweater vest, it's not cut right.

• Like 3

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

4 hours ago, DJT said:

New photo of the Jazz jersey coming soon. Looks like a gray-ish looking stripe down the side? Probably their powder blue or whatever they call it. 

spacer.png

I know there's been quite a bit of talk about these already, but goodness these are so bad.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DJT said:

spacer.png

If you look closely on the right side of jersey, the powder blue-gray whatever stripe looks like it’s tapered and ends at a point. Could be similar to the stripes on the outgoing uniform, could be different too. Either way, not good so far.

Reception to the leaks here, so far as I’ve heard and seen, has been overwhelmingly negative. The team itself being an absolute mess right now isn’t helping matters either, it’s just bad compounding on bad. I hope Smith and Wade are already planning for the next rebrand, because I think this one’s going to be shot to pieces the moment it lands (if it hasn’t been, already).

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, DJT said:

New photo of the Jazz jersey coming soon. Looks like a gray-ish looking stripe down the side? Probably their powder blue or whatever they call it. 

spacer.png

I've seen better-looking Summer League jerseys.

17 minutes ago, McCall said:

My 5-year-old nephew's basic reversible youth league jersey is more inspired than this.

It's not a bad comparison. The first image that came to mind were the late '80s, early '90s reversible NBA practice jerseys. I used to have a Charlotte one from their expansion year. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DJT said:

spacer.png

For anyone trying to divert their eyes from the white jersey above this, don't look too intently at the jerseys behind it. They appear to just be this year's city edition uniforms. I spot the Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Suns. 

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Not sure of his sources, but Twitter user caseyvitelli has been posting a bunch of “classic” edition uniforms for this season and vouching for their legitimacy:

• Like 3

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

All of those throwbacks match up with the leak that we got a while back. Chris' article on the leak covers the majority of the leaks we got except for the Suns, Bucks, and Nets statement jerseys that were leaked. The only city jerseys to stay hidden so far are from the T-Wolves, Pistons, Hornets, Pacers, Magic, Kings, Rockets, and Jazz.

LVTBFn1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be saving a lot of money not buying any Jazz gear and depending on what happens with the team, likely not going to many games if any.

Blow it up, let's go back to irrelevant obscurity again for a decade or two

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Not sure of his sources, but Twitter user caseyvitelli has been posting a bunch of “classic” edition uniforms for this season and vouching for their legitimacy:

Pretty sure this is Casey's source: https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/02/22/leak-nearly-40-new-2022-23-nba-uniforms-leaked-city-statement-classic-editions/basketball/

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, DJT said:

spacer.png

I just don't get the design choice of black and volt/yellow here. They've drained a lot of the character out of the look. The uniforms look like little more than stock product with generic fonts. If they were looking for a change, the Arches city look would have been a good place to start, or anything else in their history, but this isn't it. I hope the full unveil proves me to be at least partially wrong, but I'm not hopeful.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

So, from the look of some of these…the ‘90s are back? I could live with that. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 8:48 PM, UnclearInitial said:

I don’t hate the Cavs going back to metallic gold, but a more brassy color would have been better than this drab Vegas gold. The shadowed C doesn’t work in 2 colors, just use the outlined version. Trying to be 5 different identities at once doesn’t work, the 2003 C Sticks out like a sore thumb, too bad it’s by far the most unique and recognizable part of the Cavs brand, which is why they should simply base their identity on that

VEGAS GOLD IS THE ONLY SHADE OF METALLIC GOLD IN EXISTENCE, AND YOU WILL APOLOGIZE FOR BESMIRCHING ITS GOOD NAME!

~~~Nike

• Like 2