2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

18 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

For the city, if they choose to stick with something close to the primary uniforms, I'm guessing they'll use the ATL from this logo on the front. 

Atlanta Hawks (2021 - Pres)

2022-2023-nba-city-edition-uniforms-city-jerseys-leak-lakers-new-celtics-warriors-spurs-clippers-raptors-leak-jerseys-2023-nike-new-sportslogosnet-creamer-750x642.jpg

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

When teams have 17  championships like the Lakers and the Celtics, the rule pretty much allows them to have a throwback every year, doesn't it? 

It does. Basically everything could be an anniversary. For example except Title or Founding the Relocation is also a good reason to introduce classic uni.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

I'm conflicted...I wanna say once was more than enough regarding the Bucks in blue...but at least there's some green this time.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

27 minutes ago, Discrim said:

I'm conflicted...I wanna say once was more than enough regarding the Bucks in blue...but at least there's some green this time.

This one is an odd choice. They took oddest element of last year's City Edition -- the unnecessary, tiny splotch of atop the Irish rainbow pattern -- and decided to make it the focal point of this one. 

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This rule has been stated many times as fact, but in reality the ability to wear throwbacks is pretty arbitrary. 

The Warriors had throwbacks for four of the last five years. The Pacers wore Hoosiers throwbacks for several years in a row despite having zero championships. 

When teams have 17  championships like the Lakers and the Celtics, the rule pretty much allows them to have a throwback every year, doesn't it? 

Especially when one won 11 championships in 13 years

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I feel that a blue focused Bucks jersey could work, but every attempt by the team so far has shaken my confidence.

This is (seemingly) the best attempt thus far. Next comes a green and cream Brewers set!

• Like 1

Signature%206_15_zpsatsyjbrv.png

19 minutes ago, truepg said:

Even though I'm not indifferent towards this uniform, it feels weird and premature to have it as a Classic edition already when it was still their main look up till ten years ago.

I had the same thought, but the Wizards/Bullets seem like one of those rare examples of a team with a fairly limited visual history. And presuming they don't want to use the term Bullets, even as a retro, then this original Wizards look is the only one they can call back to with any degree of historical accuracy.

And even if they were OK using the Bullets name, there aren't a ton of options in their history outside of the iconic red-white-blue striped sets that inspired the current modernized look. There's a simple orange/navy look from the late '60s, and the overly simple post-pinstripe uniforms of the early '90s. That's about it 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I can't recall, have they ever gone way back and done a retro as the Chicago Zephyrs? (Wizards jersey timeline.)

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Even though I'm not indifferent towards this uniform, it feels weird and premature to have it as a Classic edition already when it was still their main look up till ten years ago.

I may be misremembering, but I think it’s the 25th anniversary of the name change this coming season, so I think(?) it’s in honor of that. I totally get your point, but if that’s thier reasoning, then I’m cool with it. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I feel like the Clippers really need to own the large abstract sails on the uniform, they look really cool. They’ve never really had a “thing” that was theirs aside from nautical flags in the San Diego days, and the large uniform sails are a thing they could own really well.

This was the best uniform they’ve ever had, in my opinion.

spacer.png

They could do a full set based on exactly this or something like the leaked 2023 statement in powder, orange, and the primary wordmark (not the GTA one), and they’d be set for life.

• Like 18

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png