2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

I hoped when there were initial rumblings of the Nike logo getting placed on uniforms a few years back that it would go over the back name of the jersey and the logoman/finals patch could go back on the chest. It’ll never happen, but I still think it’s the most ideal option for Nike + logoman co-existing on the uniform. Conrad’s mock-ups remind me of how much the logoman belongs on the chest.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I'm convinced Conrad put the logoman back on the front of the jersey in his mockup just to tease us.

lol, nope. it's just how it should be.

and until Nike pays me (like they do the NBA) to put it on the front, then i'll continue as I have it.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

lol, nope. it's just how it should be.

and until Nike pays me (like they do the NBA) to put it on the front, then i'll continue as I have it.

Didn't the Logoman use to be on the other side, though, over the heart for most teams?

46 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

They posted a video with Clarkson getting a sneak peak and all he says is "wow" "that's nuts" "this is crazy" all of which can be taken as bad reactionary statements 🤣

Haha yeah not a great reaction. He also said he gives the look a 100/10. But it’s Clarkson sooo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

They posted a video with Clarkson getting a sneak peak and all he says is "wow" "that's nuts" "this is crazy" all of which can be taken as bad reactionary statements 🤣

Even he realized how shi#$y this rebrand is.

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

17 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I hoped when there were initial rumblings of the Nike logo getting placed on uniforms a few years back that it would go over the back name of the jersey and the logoman/finals patch could go back on the chest. It’ll never happen, but I still think it’s the most ideal option for Nike + logoman co-existing on the uniform. Conrad’s mock-ups remind me of how much the logoman belongs on the chest.

I bet putting the Nike logo above the player name was probably not done to avoid any endorsement clash with the players. The Nike swoosh above the name Curry probably would have upset Under Armour for example.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I bet putting the Nike logo above the player name was probably not done to avoid any endorsement clash with the players. The Nike swoosh above the name Curry probably would have upset Under Armour for example.

NHL doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm not sure Nike is concerned if Under Armour is upset about something. The player has to wear the Nike/Jordan jersey regardless of the athlete's shoe endorsement; Nike pays the league and all the players a lot of money to have players wear team gear.  If I'm Nike, I'd be saying "If Under Armour is upset about a swoosh next to  a name, they should have bid more for the league wide contract" 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure Nike is concerned if Under Armour is upset about something. The player has to wear the Nike/Jordan jersey regardless of the athlete's shoe endorsement; Nike pays the league and all the players a lot of money to have players wear team gear.  If I'm Nike, I'd be saying "If Under Armour is upset about a swoosh next to  a name, they should have bid more for the league wide contract" 

This is exactly right.

The real value of Nike's deals with the NBA, NFL and MLB doesn't come from merchandise sales, but from having its logo featured prominently alongside the biggest professional sports leagues in the world. 

The company's entire ethos is built around having its brand associated with the best.  Doing so in a way that might minimize that relationship, like sticking the swoosh on the back, out of the way, where it can be ignored, wouldn't be worth it to them.  So it appears as if they paid enough to  earn the right to negotiate terms that, unlike Adidas before them, required their logo be out front.

As much as we may not like it, I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

gonna leave this here to see if this leak page ends up being right. 

Well unless this is the city uniform it’s referring to, the only place the peaks would be, given the leaks we have seen, is on the shorts. That’d be a double edged sword, as it’d be a nice homage to Stockton/Malone but Denver’s already beat us back to having peaks on the shorts (even if we had them first). Bad timing to bring them back now, unfortunately.

I guess the silver lining here (if this turns out to be true) is that the uniform won’t be as plain as the jerseys would suggest. To be clear though, peaks wouldn’t save this thing. Everything else is still wretched.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

The fact that he couldn't even muster a "that's tough", "that's cold", or "that's fire" is a bad sign.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Well unless this is the city uniform it’s referring to, the only place the peaks would be, given the leaks we have seen, is on the shorts. That’d be a double edged sword, as it’d be a nice homage to Stockton/Malone but Denver’s already beat us back to having peaks on the shorts (even if we had them first). Bad timing to bring them back now, unfortunately.

I guess the silver lining here (if this turns out to be true) is that the uniform won’t be as plain as the jerseys would suggest. To be clear though, peaks wouldn’t save this thing. Everything else is still wretched.

Not quite. The white leak has gray/black stripes on the sides. Those could be peaks. 

4 minutes ago, DJT said:

Not quite. The white leak has gray/black stripes on the sides. Those could be peaks. 

It’s certainly possible. I personally think that’s a just tapered stripe and not a peak (nor part of a peak), but I could be wrong. We’ll have to see when everything is released.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png