2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

12 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Panthers, Cardinals, and Broncos, c’mon already.  Update and upgrade your crappy uni’s sometime before I die.

One of these things is not like the others...

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well guess I got my wish in regards to the Commanders losing in all black today 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'll say the same thing about the Giants throwbacks I said about the Rams throwbacks. I didn't like back then, and I don't like them now. Those were never good uniforms. I will die on that hill.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The return of the Giants' navy lids had me thinking about how weird it was that baseball teams who wore royal blue had no trouble getting batting helmets that matched their color (come to think of it, neither did hockey teams), but football teams somehow were stuck with either navy or a badly clashing sky blue until the 2000 Giants.  Yeah, as good as the Giants' looked today, no need for the navy helmets to come back as anything but a throwback.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 minutes ago, Discrim said:

The return of the Giants' navy lids had me thinking about how weird it was that baseball teams who wore royal blue had no trouble getting batting helmets that matched their color, but football teams somehow were stuck with either navy or a badly clashing sky blue until the 2000 Giants.  Yeah, as good as the Giants' looked today, no need for the navy helmets to come back as anything but a throwback.

Why?

The Giants have a great uniform set but because they are so classic they are also kind of boring. The navy adds extra color.

• Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The navy helmet really makes the look for the Giants. I definitely did not think they would do that but they did and it’s great

FeFOHEkWIAUA3W9?format=jpg&name=large

Why must this look so good??

I do wonder what this would look like with royal blue shells...but either way, this is sharp. Now, with that said...I really don't know that I can rate one set over the other now (speaking of the Giants' current set). I guess I can appreciate what each set brings to the table: the current sets call back to the days of YA Tittle & Co., and as such are super simple but also have the fun quirk of the aways being so red-dominant. (I WILL say that the only set of pants they need for those are the blue-red-blue-braishered gray pants--I wish they had kept those rather than the ones they did.) The above set benefits from mixing in a little more red...and it's amazing how much of a difference that braisher-striped collar and cuff trim can make.

At this point I wouldn't be mad if the G-Men eventually flipped back to this as primary; HOWEVER, by doing so, these now-alternates might lose their luster, and that's the meal-ticket of all great alternates that many teams fail to understand and thus dilute. (Looking at you, Denver.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Panthers got it right from the beginning and I'm glad they never changed

The shoulders and sleeves really need work. Aside from that they're pretty decent.

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

The return of the Giants' navy lids had me thinking about how weird it was that baseball teams who wore royal blue had no trouble getting batting helmets that matched their color, but football teams somehow were stuck with either navy or a badly clashing sky blue until the 2000 Giants

Having recently learned about how things were back way back when, I have some questions...

- Were the mid-90s Eagles the first team to get their own 'non-standard-issue' helmet color?

- Did the Cowboys not have a bluish-silver, or was it the same standard silver used by the Raiders, Lions, etc?

- I always wondered if the 49ers and Saints has the same shade of gold. The Saints always looked a little more bronze-ish.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I can't tell you how many posts I saw on IG that said Thursday night's game was the best uni matchup ever 🔥🔥🔥

Whatever the opposite of "ICEY" is, right?

FeGaeWSXwAQsFgs?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

6uXNWAo.png

I thought my eyeballs were messing with me a moment ago, but apparently they're not...

... What is up with Clyde Edwards-Helaire's facemask/helmet? And how long has he had...whatever this is?

gl1vql0p9aesjpcizckl.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, tBBP said:

I thought my eyeballs were messing with me a moment ago, but apparently they're not...

... What is up with Clyde Edwards-Helaire's facemask/helmet? And how long has he had...whatever this is?

gl1vql0p9aesjpcizckl.jpg

il_fullxfull.3116781177_cxvn.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Why?

The Giants have a great uniform set but because they are so classic they are also kind of boring. The navy adds extra color.

To the person who was confused, with this set the extra red helps with that also. The navy helmet just makes it better.

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

gl1vql0p9aesjpcizckl.jpg

It's a new Riddell helmet that's been in the college ranks for one or two years. Quite a few others have the same model, notably Ezekiel Elliott. It's almost just a modernization of those thick facemasks from the 90s (also seen on old mini helmets)

Ezekiel Elliott new helmet: What's the deal with Cowboys RB's new lid?Riddell Dallas Cowboys NFL Fan Shop | Mercari

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Bills white jerseys were never great by any means considering the mismatched outlines but pairing them with white pants, solid white socks and white facemasks is absolutely awful. They look like a 70 years old dressing up as a teen to try to look "icy".

• Like 1

The best looking matchups this week were Bears-Giants, Chiefs-Buccaneers, and Jaguars-Eagles.

Rams-49ers is a shoe-in assuming LA goes with yellow pants to go against SF’s throwbacks.

Chargers-Texans could’ve been in the running for the best had the Chargers gone with yellow pants.

Bills-Ravens was okay. Buffalo desperately needs to start wearing blue socks with the all white.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's a new Riddell helmet that's been in the college ranks for one or two years. Quite a few others have the same model, notably Ezekiel Elliott. It's almost just a modernization of those thick facemasks from the 90s (also seen on old mini helmets)

Ezekiel Elliott new helmet: What's the deal with Cowboys RB's new lid?Riddell Dallas Cowboys NFL Fan Shop | Mercari

It's brand new to college this year too. But the issue with these facemasks are that there isn't a traditional facemask clip setup like other football helmets. 

Axiom FAQ

Axiom Helmets | Riddell Newsroom

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png