2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

35 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Cowboys have had that black outline on the double blue sleeve stripes on their uniform for over 50 years now. No need to change that.

Maybe 40 years for the black lines. And it looks ridiculous. All of it does. CLEAN IT UP.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Bengals in black pants/orange socks vs. Ravens in black jersey/purple pants would be the ideal Halloween matchup IMO. 

Other holiday matchups:

Wild vs. Leafs (or Lightning) on Xmas/Hanukkah. Devils in throwbacks would also work.

Browns going brown/orange vs. Commanders in white/burgundy on Thanksgiving.

This one is a stretch (this entire exercise is stupid) but how about Saints in gold pants vs. Raiders on Xmas. Silver and Gold!

I know most of y'all would hate this but I think for Christmas Eve this year it would be cool to see the Seahawks in all neon green vs the chiefs in all red. 

Aesthetically, that look for Denver will look a little off with the mismatched side panels, but I simply DO NOT CARE. I'm so incredibly sick of their bland-a$$ all-white look that hasn't been touched in decades. I'm just excited to see something different from them, and to finally see some more orange incorporated into their road set.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

The BILLS are doing it again for Sunday nights PACKERS game ... 💤 

Blue jerseys

Blue pants 

Blue socks

Source:   Twitter (@BuffaloBills)

I was hoping to see a good uniform matchup, because I don't expect to enjoy the game in person 🤣

There's gonna be a mudhole stomped on one team, and it won't be the one in monochrome blue.

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

this will look bad…

If Denver had an alterate white jersey that had orange side panels then sure. But this?!?! No. Gross. I would much rather them have orange pants because it would have navy panels to match it.

• Like 4

On 10/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, nuordr said:

I'd love to see Flying Elvis removed from the arms and replaced with TV numbers like in the home version on the left. 

spacer.png

I personally much prefer the jerseys they went with. The numbers instead of logo makes the jersey feel more generic. Plus, the shape of the Patriots logo really looks good on the sleeves, a lot less blocky.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 minute ago, throwuascenario said:

I personally much prefer the jerseys they went with. The numbers instead of logo makes the jersey feel more generic. Plus, the shape of the Patriots logo really looks good on the sleeves, a lot less blocky.

The logo is already on the helmets and doesn't need to be right below them. Besides that, TV numbers have been part of the NFL jersey for several years, but they've went away with some teams recently. That is trend that I hope ends soon. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, nuordr said:

The logo is already on the helmets and doesn't need to be right below them. Besides that, TV numbers have been part of the NFL jersey for several years, but they've went away with some teams recently. That is trend that I hope ends soon. 

The numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys, don't need to be right next to them. No need to turn your NFL jersey into a generic blue/red any team jersey. Especially when the numbers look blocky in that spot, while the shape of the Patriots logo happens to look sleek and motion-like there.

I've never understood the "the logo is already on the helmet" argument. The front/back numbers are literally closer, making the whole argument senseless. If anything, the numbers seem much more repetitive to me. Besides, when fans get a jersey, they don't wear a helmet with it.

• Like 4

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys, don't need to be right next to them. No need to turn your NFL jersey into a generic blue/red any team jersey. Especially when the numbers look blocky in that spot, while the shape of the Patriots logo happens to look sleek and motion-like there.

I've never understood the "the logo is already on the helmet" argument. The front/back numbers are literally closer, making the whole argument senseless. If anything, the numbers seem much more repetitive to me. Besides, when fans get a jersey, they don't wear a helmet with it.

TV numbers aren't required on college uniforms either, so I don't see why we have to have them on NFL jerseys.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

To each their own! I prefer the numbers instead of logos and you disagree. That is the beauty of uniforms.

As far as logic, for years, the TV numbers made it easier for fans and broadcasters to identify the players when they're facing off at the line of scrimmage, or whenever they're not facing directly toward or away from the camera. I still agree today that TV numbers help me identify players on my TV and that is the primary reason I like them. I already know they are a Patriot player because I am watching the game, but I may not be able to see the player actually is if I can't see his number. 

spacer.png