2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So the addition of alternative helmets just added to the watering down of NFL brands and the continuation of the circus of never ending combinations. 

Huh.  I wonder if anyone predicted that?

Are revenues, viewership, and popularity up or down? 

NFL brands are like Oreos…they can offer 12 different flavors but everyone still knows what a true Oreo is. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I totally understand the fear of NFL brands becoming unidentifiable and diverting from their best looks - it's a reasonable fear given the new helmets and alternate combinations. Despite that, I don't see the issue with the red stripe for the Cowboys. The main difference between the Cowboys adding a red stripe and the Jets going mono-black is that the Cowboys are still unmistakably the Cowboys. No weird alternate uniform combination, no off-brand shell color being worn for 3 games... it's simply a stripe being worn for one game.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I totally understand the fear of NFL brands becoming unidentifiable and diverting from their best looks - it's a reasonable fear given the new helmets and alternate combinations. Despite that, I don't see the issue with the red stripe for the Cowboys. The main difference between the Cowboys adding a red stripe and the Jets going mono-black is that the Cowboys are still unmistakably the Cowboys. No weird alternate uniform combination, no off-brand shell color being worn for 3 games... it's simply a stripe being worn for one game.

Even more so, this is on brand with the cowboys as they wore this stripe design the whole season in 76 to commemorate the bicentennial. 

It would make sense for them to do this for salute to service etc...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

NFL brands are like Oreos…they can offer 12 different flavors but everyone still knows what a true Oreo is.

OT: they need to bring back the apple pie Oreo's that were in stores a few years ago

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller