2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

12 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is the schedule the rest of the way:

• Sunday, Dec. 11 (Week 14) – Dolphins at Chargers
  • Sunday, Dec. 18 (Week 15) – Patriots at Raiders
  • Sunday, Dec. 25 (Week 16) – Buccaneers at Cardinals
  • Sunday, Jan. 1 (Week 17) – Rams at Chargers
  • Sunday, Jan. 8 (Week 18) – Matchup TBD

Good options for week 18 include: Cowboys at Commanders, Jets and Dolphins, Giants at Eagles, and Ravens at Bengals.

Of the remaining scheduled games, Rams/Chargers is probably another flex, too. Dolphins/Pats seems like the only game that week worth flexing. Maybe Cleveland/Washington too.

I was about to respond to you with a reminder that there can be late afternoon flexing as well - the only 4:25 game that week is MIN/GB, so meh unless the Packers win the next three weeks and are in the race - but that's an impressively bad next-to-last week schedule, yikes. Your guess as far as a SNF flex goes is pretty good - Jets/Seahawks would also be a decent candidate - since it tends to be "best game for the network without the doubleheader that week" , but Fox looks pretty screwed and is probably just stuck with their 4:25 game that week. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

Jets/Hawks for a late flex is actually pretty good. Both teams will be fighting for a playoff spot, and I don't think Seattle has been on SNF this season right? NBC needs to get in the same Geno hot takes everyone else has been using all season long.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This really feels like Dallas' year, especially now that SF is likely out of the running, Minnesota is smoke and mirrors, and no one believes in Philly that doesn't like in the metro area. I've seen Dallas collapse before, but they seem to just win. And, lately, win big.

Is there anything to be said for KC having losses to its two biggest rivals in the AFC? Cincinnati seems to be peaking at the right time; the Buffalo game is going to be so big for playoffs seeding.

RE: Dallas - The Cowboys have looked great, but keep in mind that they are coached by Mike McCarthy. Packers fans are all too familiar with his bit; great regular season followed by complete flame out in the playoffs. Postseason Mike McCarthy is basically  discount Marty Shottenheimer. That said, the Cowboys are fun to watch and that defense just might be good enough to overcome the shortcomings of their head coach.

RE: San Francisco - You're not buying into the "Purdy looked like Montana at times out there" hype? If the kid can play like he did yesterday (solid, but hardly spectacular) the Niners will stay in the mix, but I don't see them making the Super Bowl with a rookie "Mr. Irrelevant" at QB. Then again, in 2001 no one saw the Patriots making the Super Bowl with some kid they drafted in the 6th round. so who knows? The Cowboys and Niners would make for a great playoff match up.

RE: Minnesota - The Vikings have a little more substance than we're giving them credit for. If I were a Vikings fan, my biggest concern would be Kirk Cousins. He can "look like Montana out there at times", but he can also look like discount...well...Kirk Cousins at times too. Sometimes in the same quarter. In any case, the Vikings should be a tough out. Especially if they manage to grab the #1 seed and get home field throughout the playoffs.

RE: Philadelphia - I'm not from Philly, I don't like Philly teams,  and I've been waiting for the Eagles to fall off a cliff all season. The Eagles are legit and as much as it pains me to say it, I believe in them.

RE: The AFC - Let me preface this by saying that I'll always have a soft spot for the Bills. When the Browns left in 1995, the Bills and their fans invited all of us Browns fans to join the Bills Mafia. If memory serves, the team even had some sort of a  Dawg Pound promotion for one of the games. The Bills were great to us. Point being, I hope the Bills finally punch that Super Bowl ticket again and win it this time. That being said, the AFC is going to come down to the Chiefs and Bengals.

But I could be wrong about all of that.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

There are many possible Super Bowl rematches that could happen this year.

• I predict a rematch of XXVII & XXVIII, with the Bills facing my Cowboys.
  • SB IV, with the Vikings and Chiefs
  • SB XVI, with the Niners and Bengals
  • SB XXIII, with the Niners and Bengals
  • SB LVI, with the Niners and Chiefs

42 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

RE: Dallas - The Cowboys have looked great, but keep in mind that they are coached by Mike McCarthy. Packers fans are all too familiar with his bit; great regular season followed by complete flame out in the playoffs. Postseason Mike McCarthy is basically  discount Marty Shottenheimer. That said, the Cowboys are fun to watch and that defense just might be good enough to overcome the shortcomings of their head coach.

If you took this Cowboys team and put them in completely different uniforms/colors I think a lot of people (including myself) would have more belief in them. They have the best point differential in the league, the league's #3 offense (it's been the best offense since Dak returned scoring 35+ ppg, and that isn't including the defensive TD's; also to note the Cowboys had the league's 27th ranked offense when Dak came back), #2 defense (best in sacks, pressure rate, #2 in takeaways), best strength of victory of any playoff team in either conference and the most wins/best record versus current playoff teams.

But, because they are, unfortunately, the Cowboys we're all waiting for the yearly flame out in the playoffs. Despite all of those stats I just stated, I still don't fully trust this team to live up to their potential.

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

55 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

If you took this Cowboys team and put them in completely different uniforms/colors I think a lot of people (including myself) would have more belief in them. They have the best point differential in the league, the league's #3 offense (it's been the best offense since Dak returned scoring 35+ ppg, and that isn't including the defensive TD's; also to note the Cowboys had the league's 27th ranked offense when Dak came back), #2 defense (best in sacks, pressure rate, #2 in takeaways), best strength of victory of any playoff team in either conference and the most wins/best record versus current playoff teams.

But, because they are, unfortunately, the Cowboys we're all waiting for the yearly flame out in the playoffs. Despite all of those stats I just stated, I still don't fully trust this team to live up to their potential.

This is the best looking Cowboys team I've seen in quite a while. They have all the elements of a Super Bowl team and I have 100% faith in the players. It's the coach that scares the hell out of me. I've been down this road with Mike McCarthy. Too many times. But I also think this Cowboys team just might be so good that even Mike McCarthy can't screw it up. They have more than enough talent to beat both their opponents and their coach.  In any case, they're a lot of fun to watch. Seeing them shift into another gear after the Colts got within 2 points was really something. 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

There are many possible Super Bowl rematches that could happen this year.

• I predict a rematch of XXVII & XXVIII, with the Bills facing my Cowboys.
  • SB IV, with the Vikings and Chiefs
  • SB XVI, with the Niners and Bengals
  • SB XXIII, with the Niners and Bengals
  • SB LVI, with the Niners and Chiefs

• SB VII & XVII, Washington-Miami if you dream big enough

I just noticed they happened 10 years apart

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

• SB VII & XVII, Washington-Miami if you dream big enough

I just noticed they happened 10 years apart

I was aiming for realism, and even if you wanted to stretch it, I'd still put XXV (Bills and Giants) before the Commies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

This is the best looking Cowboys team I've seen in quite a while. They have all the elements of a Super Bowl team and I have 100% faith in the players. It's the coach that scares the hell out of me. I've been down this road with Mike McCarthy. Too many times. But I also think this Cowboys team just might be so good that even Mike McCarthy can't screw it up. They have more than enough talent to beat both their opponents and their coach.  In any case, they're a lot of fun to watch. Seeing them shift into another gear after the Colts got within 2 points was really something. 

You hit the nail on the head. With a healthy Dak, the only team that can beat this team is themselves. The problem, however, is that Mike McCarthy is one of the worst desicion-makers in the NFL, and he doesn't even call plays. His clock management is among the worst in the league (see 2021 NFC WC vs SF) , he loves to go for it on 4th even well within FG range (see 2022 WK 10 @ GB), and I haven't seen him do anything that contributes to winning. 

However, this team is so prolific on both sides of the ball that we haven't put ourselves in those kinds of critical situations (outside of the stupid Packers game). That second half was the best 2 quarters of football I've have watched in my entire life. After realizing that they couldn't sleepwalk to a win against Indy, they way the flipped the switch was incredible. 

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

You hit the nail on the head. With a healthy Dak, the only team that can beat this team is themselves. The problem, however, is that Mike McCarthy is one of the worst desicion-makers in the NFL, and he doesn't even call plays. His clock management is among the worst in the league (see 2021 NFC WC vs SF) , he loves to go for it on 4th even well within FG range (see 2022 WK 10 @ GB), and I haven't seen him do anything that contributes to winning. 

I think this is an unfair statement. McCarthy's in-game management has always been suspect and those are valid criticisms, but I'm not sure how anyone can say he doesn't do anything that contributes to winning. He's 21-8 over the last two years, went 5-1 with a backup QB over that time span too. The Cowboys have shown a level of consistency that quite simply they haven't been able to do in 26-27 years. Dallas is about to have it's first consecutive double digit win seasons since the Clinton administration.

The team clearly buys into him as a coach and they're locked in. McCarthy has to get some credit for that. As 'red correctly pointed out, McCarthy is great in the regular season but it's the playoffs where the deficiencies and in-game mismanagement become more apparent. But he still deserves credit for winning consistently in the regular season with Dallas when they haven't been able to do that since the 72-win Chicago Bulls.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

18 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is the schedule the rest of the way:

• Sunday, Dec. 11 (Week 14) – Dolphins at Chargers
  • Sunday, Dec. 18 (Week 15) – Patriots at Raiders
  • Sunday, Dec. 25 (Week 16) – Buccaneers at Cardinals
  • Sunday, Jan. 1 (Week 17) – Rams at Chargers
  • Sunday, Jan. 8 (Week 18) – Matchup TBD

Good options for week 18 include: Cowboys at Commanders, Jets and Dolphins, Giants at Eagles, and Ravens at Bengals.

Of the remaining scheduled games, Rams/Chargers is probably another flex, too. Dolphins/Pats seems like the only game that week worth flexing. Maybe Cleveland/Washington too.

We did get some Week 15 flexing, which includes the Saturday slate that's always TBD before the season getting cemented

I would've had Dolphins-Bills on SNF and Giants-Commandos on Saturday but, you know, GREATEST. DIVISION. IN SPORTS.

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

On 12/4/2022 at 5:13 PM, Red Comet said:

Last time the Washington franchise and the Giants tied: 

Chiefs-Bengals game is as tight as I thought. 

Ah man... haven't thought about that guy in a long time....for a minute dude looked like a rising star...and then the headbutt heard round the world happened.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

Ah man... haven't thought about that guy in a long time....for a minute dude looked like a rising star...and then the headbutt heard round the world happened.

And the funny thing is? Their quarterback the next season was a certain Trent Green who didn't have much experience beforehand. But, his play for an otherwise atrocious Washington impressed Dick Vermeil enough to bring him on as the starting quarterback of the St. Louis Rams for the 1999 season. And then he suffered a season-ending injury in the preseason. 

Gus Frerotte is Two Degrees Separated From Kurt Warner.