2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

The Eagles dominated the first 30 minutes. Really felt like they could've been up 24 points at halftime, had Hurts not put the ball on the ground.

Referees aside -- this Chiefs 'dynasty" is a hard team to squash. Ask the Bills, Bengals, 49ers and all the rest.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Red Comet said:

We all know goddamn well that if the Eagles benefited, you wouldn’t be calling out anything. Quit being a sore loser.

I already admitted as much. Doesn’t change the fact that the Chiefs win is tainted. 

don’t take it personally - celebrate all you want - I would!  But the chiefs absolutely got handed that one. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pat Mahomes is the Terminator and the Chiefs are inevitable.

I spent most of game in my garage doing a woodworking project. Game was on in the background, which made it better, all things considered.

Would sure be nice if my team could win once these things someday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, the admiral said:

The ref conspiracy stuff doesn't really work the same when the supposed victim is an NFC East team that won a ton of games. Sometimes a hold is just a hold.

Sometimes a hold isn’t a hold. And sometimes they miss blatant helmet to helmet hits in the 1st quarter, but then call phantom

”hands to the face” when there’s no replay available that shows it. 

Again - Chiefs might have won fair and square - but we don’t know that, because someone didn’t want us to know that. 

• Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not whether the NFL is favoring teams... it's just that when it appears the NFL is favoring teams that it hurts the sport.

The NFL favored the Patriots since the first storybook season of Brady. And now they've jumped to Mahomes being the 'evil empire' that fans love to hate and have promoted them as that team. The NFL doesn't realize that they lose fans to this appearance every year. The fact the population still grows and therefore their numbers continue to increase... they're doing it at the expense of the fans that were there through it all.

• Like 3

Credit to Andy Reid. They schemed around the Eagles pass rush and found ways to exploit mismatches that no other team could. Reid really did a great job, and obv Mahomes is great despite his acting jobs.  My complaining about the officiating doesn’t take away from the fact that Reid brought it today. 

It was a tough call in that situation, but the Eagles also got away with penalties and questionable calls too. Bradberry got away with a clear hold on Juju in the first half, that Goedert catch on the sideline in the 3rd was questionably close, and Gardner-Johnson got away with a clear spearing on Pacheco on that game-winning drive. Those were the ones off the top of my head, but the larger point is that the officials are terrible and miss calls on both sides.

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That was a horse:censored: holding call. This is coming from a Cowboys fan who would have rather an asteroid landed at midfield and vaporized both teams, than see the either one win. Say whatever you’d like but it flat out handed the game to the Chiefs.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

they're doing it at the expense of the fans that were there through it all.

Both of these teams won Super Bowls during the previous presidential administration.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One of the most wild NFL seasons ended appropriately with a Super Bowl thriller.

Dynasty in the Midwest for the 1st time since the 60s Packers (or 70s Steelers if you think Western PA leans that way)

Reid takes down his former team, he is on the right side this time of an Eagles' Super Bowl defeat by a FG broadcasted in FOX to someone who will be an all time great. He might have hinted thay he could walk away but I don't see it. He is in good hands with Pat Mahomes and if he is lucky, Chiefs have that 2000-2010s Pats like mega dynasty that New England enjoyed with TB.

Edited by TrueYankee26
  • Dislike 3

12 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

That was a horse:censored: holding call. This is coming from a Cowboys fan who would have rather an asteroid landed at midfield and vaporized both teams, than see the either one win. Say whatever you’d like but it flat out handed the game to the Chiefs.

We have to stop acting like this was the worse call we've ever seen in the Super Bowl. It was a penalty, albeit an incredibly lame penalty, but Bradberry definitely grabbed Juju twice. The refs were probably looking at him more intently because of the missed holding penalties they didn't call on him earlier in the game. It was a tough call but we've seen worse.

EDIT: I feel the need to add that the Eagles had a 10-point lead at halftime, only allowing 1 offensive TD to the Chiefs in the first half, but they couldn't stop the Chiefs from scoring in the 2nd half. They gave up 3 straight TD's and obviously the FG at the end. Can't blame the refs for one call when the defense couldn't stop Mahomes and the Chiefs even once when it mattered.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm not really surprised KC won. I know the Eagles were favored (not by much, though there were a lot of people picking them), but they kind of reminded me of the 2015 Panthers... being the best regular season team, had a mobile QB, and eventually lost to a HOF QB. Obviously the way it happened was very different from that Super Bowl, but I dunno, it just never felt like this team was going to win the big game.

I may have been wrong about Hurts though, he was the Eagles' offense tonight and he earned my respect.

I was mostly hoping for a good game, which is just about what we got. I was a little partial to the Chiefs only because they had someone I went to high school with on their roster and the Chiefs  Eagles didn't (MVS was a year behind me and we had a class when I was a sophomore)...I'm still the general consensus here is that the holding call was BS and that's exactly what it was. I can understand if Bradberry had a fistful of jersey and you can argue that "you have to call it", but I didn't see where he ever had that. Ticky-tack at best at any random point during the game. To essentially decide the Super Bowl?

And I'm just going to re-enforce something I've said forever - auto 1st downs being attached to 5-yard penalties is completely incompatible. It was 3rd-and-8. Five yards implies a minor penalty, but there's nothing minor about an automatic 1st down. This has been something I've had a problem with forever. Nice of it to show up on the deciding play of a tied Super Bowl.

• Like 4

spacer.png