2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

How did he get so bad? I don’t remember him ever playing this bad through 5 games. 

Rams kind of broke him in his last playoff game I think.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So I'm seeing a lot of "TNF is a joke" and "TNF needs a flex".

Guys, Thursday Night games are a bonus. Remember when we had nothing to do on Thursday nights? Sure, the games aren't marquee because they're not designed to be marquee. There are 16 TNF games and each team is plays one. It's not like SNF or MNF where they can just handpick five Cowboys and Brady and each year. For every Chiefs-Bills TNF, you're gonna get a Jets-Jaguars . That's just how this thing works.

I'd rather not have them; at least not until both teams play them coming off a bye. The TNF games on 4 days rest are designed to be awful, and they generally are.

And even if they did fix the player rest thing, I was fine with NFL on Sundays and Mondays. I don't need NFL three days a week.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'd rather not have them; at least not until both teams play them coming off a bye. The TNF games on 4 days rest are designed to be awful, and they generally are.

And even if they did fix the player rest thing, I was fine with NFL on Sundays and Mondays. I don't need NFL three days a week.

Hate to break it to ya, but TNF is never going away. Not with the huge money and mega viewership it brings to the league.

In fact. I would expect NFL to eventually take over Fridays and maybe even Saturday nights sometime in our lifetimes.

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NFL needs to stop with these baseball like scores to their games.  

So rig games?  What do you suggest the NFL do? 🥴

They've already made it an offense-happy league. With 300 games per year, you're gonna get a few stinkers. If this score occurs on a regular Sunday afternoon, nobody would bat an eye.

6uXNWAo.png

26 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So I'm seeing a lot of "TNF is a joke" and "TNF needs a flex".

Guys, Thursday Night games are a bonus. Remember when we had nothing to do on Thursday nights? Sure, the games aren't marquee because they're not designed to be marquee. There are 16 TNF games and each team is plays one. It's not like SNF or MNF where they can just handpick five Cowboys and Brady and each year. For every Chiefs-Bills TNF, you're gonna get a Jets-Jaguars . That's just how this thing works.

It's not  just TNF. 

At least this season it's not. 

Every single Primetime game this season, on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night, have been complete bores. 

Seriously I just listed it out, I don't think a single one of those games has been good. 

15 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

It's not  just TNF. 

At least this season it's not. 

Every single Primetime game this season, on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night, have been complete bores. 

Seriously I just listed it out, I don't think a single one of those games has been good. 

Right. Every game is a guaranteed nail-biting shootout if it's played on a Sunday afternoon! 🙄

If you don't want to invest your time in TNF, SNF or MNF because you're afraid of another blowout or baseball score, then don't. But even this, a brutal game with 0 TDs, it has us all talking. The NFL wins again.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Right. Every game is a guaranteed nail-biting shootout if it's played on a Sunday afternoon! 🙄

If you don't want to invest your time in TNF, SNF or MNF because you're afraid of another blowout or baseball score, then don't. But even this, a brutal game with 0 TDs, it has us all talking. The NFL wins again.

I'm more talking, what are the odds that every single primetime game this season would be so bad? 

You would think by now in Week 5, at least 1 or 2 of those games would have been a decent watch. 

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Remember when we had nothing to do on Thursday nights? 

No, because there's lots of things to do on Thursday nights besides watch football.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

For real though, Thursday Night Football has been on for years at this point and it still has a reputation for terrible games and short weeks that leave extra risk for players being hurt, which has been evident the past 2 weeks. There is no reason (outside of Amazon's money) for TNF to continue. It needs to end.

You can make it work if and only if both teams are coming off their bye week. Under no circumstance should any team have fewer than five days' rest. Three is just too tight a turnaround for safety and quality. The NFL had the right idea initially by making it a special treat until Saturday nights were clear to play. They got greedy, as usual. 

The NFL should just try to big-dick Congress and say "screw college, we're playing on Saturday nights after Thanksgiving." College squats on like four nights a week now. I think player safety is more important.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a shame the international games -- specifically London -- can't be scheduled on Thursday evenings, because I think making every team play that 17th game in a neutral site would accomplish goals of expanding the brand (puke), and also general fairness.

We all kind of accept that some teams play 8 home games and other teams 9, which is pretty crazy. That's not fair at all! And I'm not sure every team is playing Thursdays after 4 days of rest, which also is pretty unfair.

In my perfect world, there's a way for every team to play its 9th game in a neutral site, and for those games to be followed by extended rest and then a TNF game. I get that that would be challenging in practice, but it would at least be logical.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I miss the days when TNF was that special treat you got for a few weeks after thanksgiving and before Christmas. 

• Like 4
  • Meh 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's a shame the international games -- specifically London -- can't be scheduled on Thursday evenings, because I think making every team play that 17th game in a neutral site would accomplish goals of expanding the brand (puke), and also general fairness.

We all kind of accept that some teams play 8 home games and other teams 9, which is pretty crazy. That's not fair at all! And I'm not sure every team is playing Thursdays after 4 days of rest, which also is pretty unfair.

In my perfect world, there's a way for every team to play its 9th game in a neutral site, and for those games to be followed by extended rest and then a TNF game. I get that that would be challenging in practice, but it would at least be logical.

I actually think the league found a pretty good solution to the home/road balance by having NFC/AFC alternate years with the extra home game.  Though a neutral site game would have been fun...Europe, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Norman OK, Boise ID, etc...

Of course, they should not have expanded to 17...

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

25 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I actually think the league found a pretty good solution to the home/road balance by having NFC/AFC alternate years with the extra home game.  Though a neutral site game would have been fun...Europe, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Norman OK, Boise ID, etc...

Of course, they should not have expanded to 17...

Should they have stayed at 12?

It will be 18 within 5 years. Give me more NFL - any night of the week. Yeah, I said it. I'll watch as many games in the regular season as I can.

• LOL 3
  • Dislike 1

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Should they have stayed at 12?

It will be 18 within 5 years. Give me more NFL - any night of the week. Yeah, I said it. I'll watch as many games in the regular season as I can.

Well, when they went to 14 and then 16, it was a different era in terms of our understanding of the impacts of the sport so the optics are worse.  That said, I acknowledge that I don't really know what the magic number to mitigate the danger in a sport that really cannot be safe.

I think there are a lot of fans that want more NFL every day of the week. And that's why Thursday night games, despite what feels like a history of being poorly-played snoozers are probably here to stay. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't need a season that goes till the end of February.  Heck, I don't need a season that even gets to February.  But I was at least used to that.  I definitely don't need a season that starts on or before Labor Day weekend.  I don't know if 16 was better than 14, because I never lived 14, but I do know that it was better than 17. 

17 also devalues conference play, which is ironic because it also brought with it another WC team per conference, which you'd think would mean that there should be more emphasis on conference play.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 17th game is garbage. It's not the Bears getting an extra game in against the 49ers or the Cowboys or some classic NFC team; this year, it's just the lousy Houston Texans. That it imbalances home and road games is fundamentally unfair. It adds another week to a season that was plenty long enough already. It sucks. And haven't injuries gone up, not down, with the shorter preseason?

Oh, and there are college football games on Friday now. Friday was supposed to be for high school. I feel like there's a college football game happening at any given hour of the week now. Let 'em compete with the NFL for a weekend or two.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The 17th Game feels like the awkward intermediate step before they go to 18 by 2025. Just like how the BCS was the awkward intermediate step between journalists and coaches deciding national champions and having a playoffs. 

Unlike the NCAA, the NFL doesn’t have sentimental bull💩 like the Bowls to slow them down. 

• Like 3