MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

36 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:
plus it’s on both sides which ruins sleeve logos, a defining feature of most baseball uniforms. 

It's not actually on both sides, it's on the right sleeve of lefties and the left sleeve of righties to maximize exposure. Which I guess is better than being on both sides, but still a joke.

• Hurl 1
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Still a firm believer that TB should rebrand to Sun-Rays, but only if they get an open stadium built.

I’d also love if either the Mets or Yankees had a subway system themed City Connect uniform.

An open stadium in Tampa for Baseball would be absolutely brutal in an area renowned for baking, high humidity temperatures for much of the year and frequent lightning storms. The new stadium (preferably in or near Ybor City and not built with Taxpayers money) would have to have a retractable roof.

arizona-diamondbacks-avnet-jersey-patch-

So does this mean that Arizona are going to keep the Teal trimmed white uniform as one of the 4?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

An open stadium in Tampa for Baseball would be absolutely brutal in an area renowned for baking, high humidity temperatures for much of the year and frequent lightning storms. The new stadium (preferably in or near Ybor City and not built with Taxpayers money) would have to have a retractable roof.

arizona-diamondbacks-avnet-jersey-patch-

So does this mean that Arizona are going to keep the Teal trimmed white uniform as one of the 4?

Im guessing the teal home alts will become the primary home , while keeping the black alts, red alts, road grays, and city connect.

Signature intentionally left blank

My God, uniform ads are just absolutely disgusting. Is that really the best way to generate that ad revenue? Can’t we just put more crap on the walls or something? Hell, I’d be for more ads on the field if it meant the uniforms remained ad free (minus the makers mark). 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

My God, uniform ads are just absolutely disgusting. Is that really the best way to generate that ad revenue? Can’t we just put more crap on the walls or something? Hell, I’d be for more ads on the field if it meant the uniforms remained ad free (minus the makers mark). 

They could get rid of the makers mark or move it back to the sleeve.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I'd like that, too. But think of it like an advertiser: would you pay more to have your logo on the field, where it might only appear on certain camera angles, or on a jersey where you're guaranteed to see it for pretty much the entire game.  

Decisions like this come down to what someone's willing to pay for rather than what might be more aesthetically pleasing, unfortunately. 

As for the maker's mark, I'm pretty sure its placement is probably written into Nike's contract with the league. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The adpocalypse begins. Good lord that’s larger than I thought they’d be, plus it’s on both sides which ruins sleeve logos, a defining feature of most baseball uniforms. 

The ads are bad already, but are the boxes around them really necessary? The Red Sox seem to be doing this as well with their MassMutual patches, and it just makes the overall look so much worse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Haven't first-and-third base line ads become somewhat regular under Manfred's tenure? 

Selig wasn't perfect by any means, but at least he rejected a huge amount of ad creep on the field and his legacy will be better because of it. Manfred's job is to increase league revenues and protect the integrity of the game but there has to be a better way than this :censored:.

The scary thing to ponder is what will happen after the Sinclair/streaming issues are resolved. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Im guessing the teal home alts will become the primary home , while keeping the black alts, red alts, road grays, and city connect.

I sure hope this is the case. It was always dumb that they had separate home and road "alts" that were essentially just their primary sets with some added turquoise trim. They should add turquoise to the rest of their uniforms and call it a day, though I'd prefer they just go back to purple, turquoise and copper. 

• Like 4

On 1/29/2023 at 6:43 PM, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

I'm very pro-throwback, but a great road jersey at home is a no-go for me. What if the opponent doesnt have a colored top? Would they wear white? Obviously you can schedule around that, but still, this feels vile. 

Not my team, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

19 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

No pictures, but Sports Business Journal reports that Houston signed Oxy Energy and Cincinnati signed Kroger to shoulder patch deals. 

SOURCE: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Marketing/2023/02/01.aspx

If the Kroger logo is blue I will lose my mind.

If it comes with a dancing Kroger Man my head will explode.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

No pictures, but Sports Business Journal reports that Houston signed Oxy Energy and Cincinnati signed Kroger to shoulder patch deals. 

SOURCE: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Marketing/2023/02/01.aspx

OXY? DAAAAANGIT. The only way I will accept it is if the remove the GIANT ASS OXY sign in left field.

7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The adpocalypse begins. Good lord that’s larger than I thought they’d be, plus it’s on both sides which ruins sleeve logos, a defining feature of most baseball uniforms. 

Hate is a strong word.

But as a proud Diamondbacks fan, there is no word strong enough for my sheer hatred of this news.

• Like 2

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."