MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Other than the ads, the Marlins uniforms are just unbelievably awesome.  Make them a full time alt like the Rays did with the Devil Rays set. 

We need to get a grab of Jorge Soler's jersey...the fish patch is all kind of jacked up (and it may be the case on all of them). The team patch on the sleeves is nearly upside down. 

I forgot how much I love these jerseys.  I can’t believe they ever ditched them.

• Like 3

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

7 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I don’t like the Astros current look and absolutely HATE the generic looking clip art star and H combo they use. By far one of the most boring looks in the entire league. But when they first released the current set, I was really hoping the Astros were going to embrace orange more and use it in a similar fashion to how the Cardinals and/or Phillies used red. But instead they used it only a handful of times and reverted back to the boring navy caps instead. 

The Astros uniforms aren't awful. They're just...tedious. I don't like the name font. I don't like the number font. I don't mind the cap logo. I do like orange, though.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:23 PM, Korkie said:

The Orioles have my favorite overall uniform set in baseball. Even these road grays are beautiful. I love the white front panel hat, but even these black with the orange brims are sharp. These, the home whites, and the orange alts are all great. 

1999 was the best year for the "Orioles" script. They should never have dropped the white trim layer from the black jerseys. I'd lose the "O's" cap in a heartbeat, and add an orange cap with black bill for the orange jerseys. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M59 said:

1999 was the best year for the "Orioles" script. They should never have dropped the white trim layer from the black jerseys. I'd lose the "O's" cap in a heartbeat, and add an orange cap with black bill for the orange jerseys. 

The white trim on the black jersey always screamed "little league jersey" to me

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I don't mind the Marlins teal caps for the sake of the authentic throwback look to 1993, but just taking one look at them in action and I know I still prefer the black caps from that set.

Also, haven't seen the Marlins wear those uniforms in over a decade and seeing them wear them tonight and it's like being transported right back to my childhood. Those uniforms are class. 

(EDIT - well, actually I have no recollection of these uniforms; these are the teal-script ones. I remember the black script ones.)

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

that color looks great on TV

It looks better than their spring training jersey blue does on TV, too.

Teal looks amazing in 2023. I can see why people thought it looked a bit dorky in 1993, but with current sizing/fitting trends among players, high definition TV, modern textiles and materials, it looks utterly gorgeous now. Even the all-teal helmets looked remarkable. 

It's hard to imagine the Marlins wanting to wear anything but this color scheme. Believe, this is what the majority of the fanbase wants, too.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The white trim on the black jersey always screamed "little league jersey" to me

Orange/black on black screams "we don't know what we're doing" to me. At least do orange/white on the black jerseys. Or, if you don't want to do a white trim layer, be bold and do black/orange on black.

• Huh? 2

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

It looks better than their spring training jersey blue does on TV, too.

Teal looks amazing in 2023. I can see why people thought it looked a bit dorky in 1993, but with current sizing/fitting trends among players, high definition TV, modern textiles and materials, it looks utterly gorgeous now. Even the all-teal helmets looked remarkable. 

It's hard to imagine the Marlins wanting to wear anything but this color scheme. Believe, this is what the majority of the fanbase wants, too.

I love the Marlins Blue but I agree.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, M59 said:

Orange/black on black screams "we don't know what we're doing" to me. At least do orange/white on the black jerseys. Or, if you don't want to do a white trim layer, be bold and do black/orange on black.

First off, how does that say they 'don't know what they're doing"? And black and orange on black isn't "bold", it's literally what the Giants have done a number of times over the last 20+ years.

Orange-only on a black jersey works fines. Very noticeable and legible. Similar to how the Pirates don't need a white outline on their black jerseys.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

All debuting MLB players will get a patch on their jersey. I've never seen this before in any sport.

ap23089750435405-47df8b7a26ef84f47ecdaff

It's in partnership with Fanatics/Topps and it's just for the player's very first game and that game only. It'll be removed after the game to be later used in a rookie card.

IbjBaeE.png

27 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

It's in partnership with Fanatics/Topps and it's just for the player's very first game and that game only. It'll be removed after the game to be later used in a rookie card.

What if the player does something that would cause the HOF to want the jersey🤣🤣🤣

It's where I sit.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:41 PM, M59 said:

And flipping them from one sleeve to the other based on the "handedness" player is both craven AND stupid.

This was driving me insane watching the Guardians/Mariners game tonight. Neither team has a jersey sponsor, but their logo/patch still moved to the opposite arm depending on how they bat or pitch. So on TV all you see is a blank sleeve. Not to mention the Guardians winged logo looks incredibly stupid flying backwards on the left sleeves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What if the player does something that would cause the HOF to want the jersey🤣🤣🤣

In that case, one representative of each entity will fight to the death in a steel cage for the right to the jersey!🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I wonder how much the love for Miami's teal throwbacks comes from genuine admiration for their design, and how much is nostalgia-driven in light of all the inferior uniforms the team has worn since. 

Well I actually think people are way too harsh on the current jerseys and logo, though yes the main alt being black with black text is irksome, those throwbacks are gorgeous, and I don't think it's just nostalgia. As some have said in the thread, they pop so well in HD compared to how they were in the 90s, it's honestly made me see them in a total new light. 

• Like 2
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.