MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I miss the players wearing their own uniform. It made it feel like they were representing their team. This doesn’t feel as special. But we need jerseys to sell!

• Like 10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The jerseys themselves are fine for what they are, but the pants & cap pairings really make this about as bad as 2021.

It’s sad that it’ll probably never happen, but they really need to save the special jerseys for the Home Run Derby, & go back to regular jerseys for the All-Star Game itself.

• Like 18

As someone who thinks the Mariners’ best look is the teal tops over white pants, I think the American League set-up is actually pretty nice. The National League uni definitely needed some more work. Teal collar and cuff trim would’ve been a nice pop of color, and obviously gray pants would’ve been better than the black/dark navy. Both unis would benefit greatly by having navy caps. I actually like the gray caps on their own, but they really don’t go with either uni.

• Like 9

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 7/10/2023 at 4:30 PM, Ridleylash said:

White pops much better against the dark blue than teal would, and for NOB ease of sight is extremely important.

So a northwest green with a white outline would not be visible on a navy background?

I say it would be! 

they could also have used silver, another Mariner color.

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

So a northwest green with a white outline would not be visible on a navy background?

I say it would be! 

they could also have used silver, another Mariner color.

1. You aren’t paying for the material, but the exclusivity of wearing the same thing that is on the field. Same thing with people overpaying for Louis vaton ect. 
2. The numbers look better single layered especially since they match the wordmark on the front. You may have an argument if the wordmark was 2 layered but that isn’t the case.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

NL looks like they’re wearing slacks. 🤮. Gray pants would have been miles better. Better yet, bring back the individual players’ unifoems

My wife said they looked like black skinny jeans since they were so tight.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, Korkie said:

I miss the players wearing their own uniform. It made it feel like they were representing their team. This doesn’t feel as special. But we need jerseys to sell!

Not only do they look bad, but it's harder to ID the players. I don't know what every guy in both leagues looks like. This is a real problem created by the uniforms that happened last night: We turned it on late and saw Pirates pitcher Mitch Keller give up a home run. My wife says "Does he play for the Phillies?" I said "no he plays for the Pirates" and she says "no I think he has a Phillies P on his sleeve" and I said "no it's a Pirates P. Don't try to argue with me about uniforms because you will lose." And then a closer shot of him vindicated me, but that whole argument would've never happened if they were still wearing their own team's uniforms!

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, Sport said:

Not only do they look bad, but it's harder to ID the players. I don't know what every guy in both leagues looks like. This is a real problem created by the uniforms that happened last night: We turned it on late and saw Pirates pitcher Mitch Keller give up a home run. My wife says "Does he play for the Phillies?" I said "no he plays for the Pirates" and she says "no I think he has a Phillies P on his sleeve" and I said "no it's a Pirates P. Don't try to argue with me about uniforms because you will lose." And then a closer shot of him vindicated me, but that whole argument would've never happened if they were still wearing their own team's uniforms!

If y'all get divorced, send your lawyer's bill to MLB. May be the catalyst we need to get the uniforms changed back.

• LOL 3

6 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Just something i threw in the generator😁

-

spacer.png

I don't quite get this take. Black/dark-colored pants have been a part of baseball since nearly the formation of the MLB – both the White Sox and Reds wore navy pants in the 1910s.

I have this same feeling with some opinions on football uniforms – not all uniforms have to be all-white and all-gray, or limited to standard stripes for football. A uniform can be well-designed without falling in line with "traditional" uniform elements. It feels like a lot of people on this board would prefer if all uniforms looked 90% the same.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Just now, jerrylawless3 said:

I don't quite get this take. Black/dark-colored pants have been a part of baseball since nearly the formation of the MLB – both the White Sox and Reds wore navy pants in the 1910s.

I have this same feeling with some opinions on football uniforms – not all uniforms have to be all-white and all-gray, or limited to standard stripes for football. A uniform can be well-designed without falling in line with "traditional" uniform elements. It feels like a lot of people on this board would prefer if all uniforms looked 90% the same.

I would just like if a team is wearing Black pants, then the top should either be a contrasting color, or black as well.

Navy top with Black Pants is not much contrast and odd together.

• Like 3
  • Love 1