2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

3 hours ago, Unocal said:

EDM and VGK should have played last night.

TOR/FLA and VGK/SEA should be playing tonight.

The 2nd round scheduling is absurd.

To think last year round 1 EVERY series was every other day with no 2 day breaks in between games.

I believe they've hit some issues with concerts and other arena events that have pushed the entire schedule around.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

Leafs down 3-0 in this series.

I think Matthews, Marner, or both won't be back with Toronto next year. I don't see how they keep this core, when many of the top players have 0 goals against Florida, after years of failures and choking.

To think the Panthers LITERALLY only made the playoffs because Pittsburgh lost to Chicago.....................

That game also dropped Chicago's lottery odds (and the Bedard sweepstakes are tomorrow night)

If the Blackhawks lose the lottery tomorrow, the butterfly effect of that game is going to be talked about for a while

51 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Leafs down 3-0 in this series.

I think Matthews, Marner, or both won't be back with Toronto next year. I don't see how they keep this core, when many of the top players have 0 goals against Florida, after years of failures and choking.

Dubas and Keefe are definitely gone. New guy will probably try more subtle tweaks first. Like not having Matt Murray and Ilya Samsonov as the goaltending tandem.

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

Dubas and Keefe are definitely gone. New guy will probably try more subtle tweaks first. Like not having Matt Murray and Ilya Samsonov as the goaltending tandem.

Oh come on. Florida's goaltending tandem was skewered all year until Bobrovsky for the first time in eons actually remembered how to stop a puck

56 minutes ago, Unocal said:

What fans? The ones that only show up in the playoffs?

That's what happens when you call out an opponent like that because they thought it would be the "easier" series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unocal said:

Looks like Gary Bettman's going to get what he wants- another sunbelt hockey deep playoff run to grow the game.

oh don't worry, Edmonton's gonna shoot murder them in the finals

53Ocz8U.png

10 hours ago, Unocal said:

Since when did NHL expansion teams stop having to pay their dues? Like what changed with the expansion drafts after OTT in the mid-90s?

Ottawa? LOL it took the Predators, Blue Jackets, and Thrashers 6, 8 and 7 seasons to make their first playoffs. The Predators lost their first five playoff series, the Blue Jackets didn't win a series until year 19, and the Thrashers moved to dang ass Winnipeg. Minnesota's only won 2 playoff series since 2003. GTHO with this Ottawa nonsense. 

Things changed when Vegas paid a massively historic sum to join the league and the league finally figured out thanks to the Turn of the Century expansion teams's struggles that maybe it's bad business to haze new markets for, at minimum, a half decade. 

• Like 9

PvO6ZWJ.png

Definitely enjoying the Kraken's run thus far.  There's nothing terribly special happening here, simply 4 solid lines playing sound hockey with a goalie who's gotten hot at the right time.  Some of the passes have been stellar, and they're sweeping up Dallas's mess on the regular.  Fun.

I was talking to @IceCap about this earlier, that the Leafs are playing like a team who is waiting on a hockey grown up to save them, except they're one of the oldest rosters in the league, stymied by a Panthers team who isn't doing anything unique beyond giving a damn.

Super odd.  Also Woll is kind of bad, but he's a backup getting no help from his defense, so, big shrug.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Blackhawks draft lottery winners.

Whoa I’m shocked I tell ya, just shocked. Not rigged at all. 

• Yawn 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I’m not a draft lottery conspiracy theorist, but that was weird. 

Funny that the team who should’ve had all their picks thrown out for a decade gets Bedard. No, excuse me, “funny” isn’t the right word. What’s the word? Oh right, grossly infuriating. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png