2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

51 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Stars fans make a name for themselves tonight 

I watched that live as it happened (on TV, of course)...and laughed my royal behind off the whole time.

In case anyone is curious what led up to all that, here you go:

Cliff notes: Max Domi, channeling daddy Tie—and I guess following his captain's lead, more on that in a bit—crosschecked Nicolas Hague into the boards, then followed it up with more rough play, which got him two separate minors and a ten-minute game misconduct for a grand total of fourteen penalty minutes on one incident.

And oh yeah, about his by-that-point absent captain, Jamie Benn: he got hit with a game misconduct and the early exit for the exact same infraction less than two minutes into the game:

Oh and did I mention Vegas scored three goals barely eight minutes into the contest?? Just a straight-up implosion by Dallas all around...crosschecked themselves right off the ice and right out the game. (What is it with teams wearing green just straight self-imploding in game 3 of conference finals this calendar year thus far?) The result? 4-0 game, 3-0 series for VGK.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Bobrovski is playing very well, without a doubt.

He'll need to play his best games in the Finals (assuming Florida doesn't blow an 3-0 series lead) and he'll need a strong performance from the team in front of him. 2003 Giguere came up short against New Jersey in Game 7.

Counterpoint- the opposing goalie this year is not exactly Martin Brodeur

Jamie Benn is their captain.  Garbage in, garbage out.

edit:  and literal garbage on the ice, as well

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Florida vs Vegas in the final. This league is a sideshow. 

I'm sorry that the two represented teams will be from metros where it doesn't snow. If only we had Boston or New York. 🙄

I get that Las Vegas and South Florida don't have established fanbases or a history, but I'm just content with seeing a matchup where one can do just that, with winning their first title. I always enjoy those stories. I don't know what the ratings will be, but really I don't care.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Florida vs Vegas in the final. This league is a sideshow. 

Oh no, two of the most marketable American players in the league are facing off against each other for their respective franchises’ first Stanley Cup. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

Vegas is probably the league’s signature franchise at this point.  I would have loved Edmonton to come out of the West but it’s hard to suggest this is bad for the league.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Aaaannnnnd the rats have rained down in Miami Gardens.

Ladies (if there's any in here) and gentlemen...I present the 2023 NHHL Eastern Conference Champion: YOUR...FLOORRRRRIIIIDDAAA...PAAAANTHERRRRSS!!! 😁

One sweep down, one to go (unless Dallas finds whatever juice the Celtics drank last before last night).

• Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It stings to lose this way, but I’m proud of my team. They fought hard each game, just couldn’t finish and had some bad bounces. We have come a long way after a 9 year playoff drought. In the moment it is frustrating to lose, but I’ll take an ECF appearance over missing the playoffs or an early exit every time. 

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

7 minutes ago, Glover said:

It stings to lose this way, but I’m proud of my team. They fought hard each game, just couldn’t finish and had some bad bounces. We have come a long way after a 9 year playoff drought. In the moment it is frustrating to lose, but I’ll take an ECF appearance over missing the playoffs or an early exit every time. 

Tkachuk is literally the only reason this isn't a tied series

• Like 1