NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

There’s more dysfunctional teams in the NFL, trust me. Cardinals are my number 2?team as being raised in Glendale. But then there’s Detroit, Jacksonville and others that are out there that say hold my beers

100% disagree. Cardinals have longevity of being dysfunctional. I would put the Lions second. 

I think I would put the Jets ahead of the Browns as 3 and 4.

9 minutes ago, Gary said:

There’s more dysfunctional teams in the NFL, trust me. Cardinals are my number 2?team as being raised in Glendale. But then there’s Detroit, Jacksonville and others that are out there that say hold my beers

I don't want to derail this thread, but since it seems like there will be a lull as we await the official uniform unveiling I will push back a little here.

In the last few months the Cardinals have been rated as the second-worst team to play for by NFL players, with F  scores for their training facilities, food, and treatment of players' families. 

The owner was just accused of using burner phones to get around the DUI suspension of the ex-GM, and that GM was accused a few months ago of groping a woman in Mexico and then framing and firing a team staffer to take the fall for it.

With Dan Snyder selling the Commanders and hopefully going on to rot in hell, the Cardinals are absolutely the most dysfunctional front office in the NFL. It is remarkable they contained leaks of this new uniform. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Didn’t TruColor say maroon and orange pages ago?

Enough with the copper guesses already.  

kHVtD3K.png

• Like 13

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

39 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

kHVtD3K.png

Those don’t make for good wishcasting message board posts like  copper and bronze and sand and navy and gold and clay and

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

And from everything that's been described thus far...I'm thinking 2018 Snatit rebrand level bad. If not worse...

Those would be okay (not amazing, but okay) if not for the armpit/rib striping and the insistence on monochrome looks. 

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

kHVtD3K.png

The maroon would be perfect if it were just a tiiiiiiny bit more pure (i.e., less purplish). Color-wise, at least, it’s an upgrade on the too-bright red they’ve been wearing. 

Grey has been a (very minor) part of their identity for decades, and with how well it compliments maroon, and its ties to the desert cardinal, no complaints there. 

The orange could be good in small doses. I’ve actually never had a problem with Virginia Tech’s color scheme. If the orange is a clear tertiary behind maroon and grey, I could see it being good for a pop of color here and there. 

I know we don’t know that these are the exact shades that will be used, but if they’re close to these, then at least the color scheme won’t be a problem, and may possibly even be an upgrade on the one it’s replacing. I definitely like downgrading black, as long as they aren’t keeping a BFBS jersey. Their black jersey was probably the best one in the old set (says more about what utter crap that set was than about that particular jersey), but the incongruence between the BFBS set and the almost-black-free default uniforms was pretty bad. 

With this being Nike working in conjunction with one of the league’s most dysfunctional (and cheapest) franchises, I have no doubt that the overall design will be pretty crappy. Especially for a team that could easily do simple and get away with it (see: everything they wore before 2005). But I don’t hate the color combo. 

• Like 1

Hell yes I want their new color to be clay. Let's rally the fans around dry dirt. Nike shirts with big Futura Bold Condensed 

PLAY
FOR THE

CLAY

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 minutes ago, TruColor said:

You’d never guess what the Orange will be called…I had to look it up in the dictionary to figure out what it is

1-100, how confident are you in the info you’ve been given? 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."