NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, bowld said:

Getting some Georgia vibe's from @VDizzle12 Brown's submission. Not like there is many other ways to make a dog logo, just thought it looked familiar. Likely the colar and teeth that gives it the similar feel

spacer.png

spacer.png

Definitely something I struggled with was finding a way to make it stand apart from other dog logos. I knew I wanted a forward facing bull mastiff as a modernization of their 03-14 dog logo, with harsh shadows, but adding a collar, guitar pick + C tag, etc. 

• Like 1

• CS85 locked this topic

We can lock this bad boy up until tomorrow while the Cardinals stuff floods the website.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• CS85 unlocked this topic

Try to avoid going nuts on the AZ uniforms for now and utilize the assigned thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

29 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Have there been any alternate helmets confirmed for next year, but without an identity yet? Maybe just the Broncos?

The Broncos and Lions, I believe. Plus the Seahawks, Bucs, and Eagles are bringing back throwback looks.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

30 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Has this been discussed yet?

PUjrUVI.png

Someone mentioned that the C and bear are interchangeable as primary logos. Defeats the purpose of "primary" but c'est la vie. 

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Someone mentioned that the C and bear are interchangeable as primary logos. Defeats the purpose of "primary" but c'est la vie. 

They were both previously listed as primary marks, but now they are not.

n6uHp2H.png

• Like 7

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Got this email from PETA this morning:

In response to the Cleveland Browns’ request for fan submissions for a new dog logo, PETA is sending a letter today to team owner Jimmy Haslam urging him to choose a brown mixed-breed dog from an animal shelter for the design. The group notes that bullmastiffs, such as the current team mascot, Swagger Jr., are a breathing-impaired breed prone to heart murmurs, hip dysplasia, and other painful conditions and that promoting this breed through the logo would contribute to the homeless-dog crisis by encouraging fans to increase the demand to breed more of them while dogs in shelters lose the opportunity to be adopted into a loving home. Featuring a homeless dog could instead inspire fans to save a life by finding their next animal companion at a shelter.

“The Dawg Pound has had a rough time of it, but the 70 million animals who are homeless in the U.S. right now face far worse,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “PETA is calling on Jimmy Haslam to score a win for these dogs by promoting adoption and making a dog from a shelter the new face of the franchise.”

I appreciate the sentiment, but I feel like them encouraging the Browns to do a shelter drive alongside of the logo search/unveiling would be a better way to help/bring awareness to the animals than simply modeling the new logo after a specific dog or breed.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

They were both previously listed as primary marks, but now they are not.

n6uHp2H.png

Yeah I noticed ESPN suddenly using the bear head site wide last week instead of the wishbone C. I wondered if something was up. I wonder what the reason for the switch was, it’s interesting that it was pretty much done without a peep.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah I noticed ESPN suddenly using the bear head site wide last week instead of the wishbone C. I wondered if something was up. I wonder what the reason for the switch was, it’s interesting that it was pretty much done without a peep.

Good catch. I just checked a handful of websites and ESPN is the only one that uses the bear head.

1aMuMhU.png

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Something that bugged me about the new Arizona Cardinals uniforms using the new NFL Nike Template is the gap between the logo and the script on the front of the jerseys.

Is every team with a script on the front going to have the same impact with the new template?

4kv29i.jpg

The new template on the retail jerseys doesn’t look promising for the Bills. Looks like they’re going back in time to something closer to what was dubbed the “toilet seat collar.”

spacer.png

spacer.png

In my opinion, there’s no reason the collar cutout couldn’t just match the primary collar color and simply omit the thin trim.

For reference, this is what they’ve been wearing. Still not totally filled in but a nice look overall.

spacer.png

And this is what they looked like previously.

spacer.png

In practical sense, you can see what this new template with the collar size will look like here. Not as bad as the Flywire days, but not good, either, if they don’t color in the cutout.

spacer.png

• Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 2