NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure it's all that unusual. I'm no expert, but it seems like trademark applications can take a long time to process, and in most cases it's either a formality or creates obstacles that can easily be overcome, which seems to be the case here.

If you continue following that tweet thread, the author says these trademark rejections aren't likely to become major obstacles for the team.

I know I shouldn't... but there's something I like about Washington Space Commanders

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure it's all that unusual. I'm no expert, but it seems like trademark applications can take a long time to process, and in most cases it's either a formality or creates obstacles that can easily be overcome, which seems to be the case here.

If you continue following that tweet thread, the author says these trademark rejections aren't likely to become major obstacles for the team.

I retained a trademark attorney earlier this year to begin the process and he told me it now takes 18 months from filing date.  

Gotta love the efficiency of the federal government.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Glad to see that CLE dog didn't make the cut. 

Guess the thousands of TikTok fans didn't vote this round. 😂

I'm going with the left. I like the hidden details on the right but I think some get lost in smaller applications. Both are strong though. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I wish teams would do polls like that with uniform designs since fans are capable of designing better concepts than Nike 90% of the time.

FCF x Champion Jersey Unveil — UNISWAGIt's all fun and games until a NFL team rolls these out as options. 

FCF 2022 Results: Week 2 Scores from Saturday | News, Scores, Highlights,  Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Hurl 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Some interesting answers from rookies when asked about any rule they would change. 4 of the 5 were about uniforms.

Screenshot-2023-05-25-131729.png

I guess playing soccer for 20 years I'm of the opposite opinion as Flowers and Anderson. Trying to save my legs from rug burn and goatheads means I'm wearing my socks as high as I can. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Given how bad some of these new NFL uniforms look with stripeless pants and same color socks, I'm starting to come around on the idea that college football is right and letting legs show isn't so bad. I think I might actually agree with Will Anderson here.

I prefer this:

spacer.png

To this:

spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I wish teams would do polls like that with uniform designs since fans are capable of designing better concepts than Nike 90% of the time.

I don’t need every team wearing icy whites thanks to fan votes. 

• Like 17

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, gosioux76 said:

This is such an interesting discussion, because I can't disagree with anything in @FinsUp1214's post, but at the same time find the Texans look to be completely forgettable.

Looking back, it was unveiled in an era of relative design restraint, right before Reebok got high on piping and side panels. I think about the Eagles and Patriots redesigns at the tail end of the '90s as being in a similar class: lacking in gimmick, simple in execution, not flashy, but following much of the traits of traditional football uniforms with small touches of panache. 

The big difference is that the Eagles and Patriots actually won things in their boring uniforms. Save for the heroics of JJ Watt, there's almost nothing memorable about the 20-year history of the Texans other than the fact that they have nice, but boring uniforms. 

Is that a case for changing it up?  I'd argue that it can't hurt. We've seen teams change their look for worse reasons. 

Nailed it. If the Texans won anything beyond division titles in their entire existence then the uniforms would be classics that shouldnt be touched. Instead they get called boring as they represent a boring franchise. Maybe some day they'll accomplish something beyond a divisional round playoff exit. But until then, they are just a schedule filler for a national NFL audience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Washington QB Sam Howell made the switch to the Riddell Axiom helmet. Is he the first QB to do so?

spacer.png

Kenny Pickett was wearing it last year.

spacer.png

Edited by Ted Cunningham
Message sounded unintentionally rude.
  • Like 1