NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Is that the game against the Cardinals in 2019?

I believe so. This was the picture I'd used to make that edit. They were wearing white over purple, and that was the only time they wore that combination at home that season.

IAETAN7QX5EK7I65KI2B6E36IU.jpg

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

16 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

'BALternate' helmet for 'ColoRush' coordination — either Riddell fashion release from over the years works, such as 2017 'Blaze' (satin purple finish helmet shell + metallic gold face mask) or more recent 'Flash' (glossy purple finish helmet shell + metallic gold face mask). Personally, I probably prefer the satin, since it would seemingly better match modern-day, matte-style, Nike uniform (jerseys/pants) fabrics.

'Blaze' (Satin):
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

'Flash' (Gloss):

spacer.png

So give them Vikings helmets? Nah I’ll pass on that one

• Like 1

It truly is one of life’s greatest mysteries how a lot of CCSLCers have what it takes to create incredible timeless identities for professional sports teams yet uniform manufacturers and teams employ absolute imbeciles for the process.

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It truly is one of life’s greatest mysteries how a lot of CCSLCers have what it takes to create incredible timeless identities for professional sports teams yet uniform manufacturers and teams employ absolute imbeciles for the process.

Synthesis: employ absolute imbeciles who post here

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

44 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Imagine if one of us here got rich enough to buy a team. I'd definitely make a thread here asking to create new logos and uniforms and use the best ones for my team

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or you could go in a completely different direction for the Ravens...

spacer.png

@HailGoldPants's beautiful realization of a "just for fun" logo I came up with.

I used to know his brother:

Indiana Beach Amusement & Water Park on Twitter: "Labor Day Weekend is upon  us! Check out the @IBCrow NEW Merch available in the gift shop! "There's  More Than Corn In Indiana" and

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

My ONLY opinion that gives benefit of the doubt to manufacturers is that it's easier to create designs that look great in a graphics design program, while doing it in an actual real-world application can get complicated. But even this sentiment can easily be argued by the fact Maryland had those crazy airbrushed helmets, jerseys from Nike and UA in the past have been pretty detailed. But it does seem like lately, with Nike especially, they are going for simple and easy to apply designs (Jets boring triangles, Falcons triangle side panels, Cardinals basically recycling what the Lions did a few years back, etc)

But, if we ever saw anything like the Jaguars, Buccaneers or Browns uniforms from Nike's first round of having their hands on the NFL, people on these boards would have gasped at how bad they were -- even as concepts, which usually get more of a thumbs up for good work, even if they're crazy. 

It is mind boggling that more of us didn't actually get jobs working in these areas, I even tried for a long time and couldn't get in anywhere. Right now somebody at Nike who really loves drop shadows, text on stripes and gradients has too loud of a voice and too many people scratching their back...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My ONLY opinion that gives benefit of the doubt to manufacturers is that it's easier to create designs that look great in a graphics design program, while doing it in an actual real-world application can get complicated. But even this sentiment can easily be argued by the fact Maryland had those crazy airbrushed helmets, jerseys from Nike and UA in the past have been pretty detailed. But it does seem like lately, with Nike especially, they are going for simple and easy to apply designs (Jets boring triangles, Falcons triangle side panels, Cardinals basically recycling what the Lions did a few years back, etc)

But, if we ever saw anything like the Jaguars, Buccaneers or Browns uniforms from Nike's first round of having their hands on the NFL, people on these boards would have gasped at how bad they were -- even as concepts, which usually get more of a thumbs up for good work, even if they're crazy. 

It is mind boggling that more of us didn't actually get jobs working in these areas, I even tried for a long time and couldn't get in anywhere. Right now somebody at Nike who really loves drop shadows, text on stripes and gradients has too loud of a voice and too many people scratching their back...

If it helps you feel any better: in the sixteen years since I began my first pro design career (in the print world, mind you—publication, layout design, and prepress), I've had several shots to try to get my foot in the door at spots, but never really gutted up the courage to step through them because...*moment of transparency*...I never felt my skills or my stuff would measure up. Meanwhile, I've seen several former (and for all I know maybe still current) posters on these parts, some right from our Concepts section (as I once was,  long ago) either go on to have successful careers in this field or take that step, got their foot in and are well on their way.

In a way it's kinda one of my biggest regrets...but now at 41 (and still battling that feeling of my stuff not being up to snuff, even after going back to college and having finally finished up my bachelor's in graphic design and media arts), I take the stance of a/ celebrating and congratulating those that do and b/ trying to understand from the back room perspective how various design works turn/turned out the way they did, from an element and principle as well as creative perspective. I'm also fortunate to have connected with a good couple figured in the game whose minds I've picked, still pick at times, and who still contribute to if not outright create from concept to completion the stuff we see, rave/rant/post about and may even buy every day. 

All of which is a tl;dr way of saying: keep knocking on doors. Take whatever comes up, even if you don't feel like it's "you". It could open up even more doors down the line somewhere and at any rate, make contact and try to establish fruitful and professional connections with those who've walked thr path you want to walk. *I think* you're still young enough to make a good go at it...and if you get in there, I'll be here to celebrate you, too. (Especially since I've seen what you in particular are capable of.)

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, Ark said:

Imagine if one of us here got rich enough to buy a team. I'd definitely make a thread here asking to create new logos and uniforms and use the best ones for my team

Your lawyers will love that plan.  Neither will the legitimate designers, who would be asking to 1) basically do work for a billion-dollar team for free, and 2) put material out into the universe that will inevitably be ripped off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or you could go in a completely different direction for the Ravens...

spacer.png

@HailGoldPants's beautiful realization of a "just for fun" logo I came up with.

That would’ve worked better when they had The U products Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on their team, because the bird looks like a relative of Miami’s cartoon stork. 

16 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We can make whatever we want on here. We don't have to answer to owners, stakeholders, marketing execs, focus groups, etc.

Who knows how many times those people have gotten in the way of designs this board would love.

• Like 4

Anyone else disappointed that neither the Jaguars or Titans seem to have any plans to upgrade their uniforms? Both teams are entering Year 6 with the current sets, both of which are not very good uniforms.

There is no reason the Jags can’t come up with something more interesting than what they have now. I mean there was literally no effort put into this current set. It seems like they’ve just grown tired of doing this every five years and are trying to stick with an identity, even if it’s a bland one.

The Titans also probably think what they have is good (even though it’s awful) and have had enough success in it that they associate it with winning, kind of like the Seahawks and their overrated set.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1