NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Thanks for letting us know you don't take uniforms seriously and to skip over all your future posts.

Oh, I was being sarcastic...I said that's what they'll PROBABLY do, and not what they SHOULD do...

I take uniforms very seriously, and I have a very annoyed wife who can vouch for that. 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1

41 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Broncos declaring those uniforms “snow-capped” is one of it not the dumbest excuse of unnecessary white elements in a uniform

I would hate the Broncos' use of a SnOw-CapPeD helmet less if they used current decals and were paired with their current unis w/ white pants. Wearing it with their full orange Color Rash fauxback makes it look like they forgot to paint the helmet

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, JustABallCoach said:

spacer.pngfrom The Texans twitter today. Hopefully new colors 

This is literally just the Titans color scheme. I just think it's so weird that people seem to want for them to rebrand to be more similar to one of their division rivals.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Just now, henburg said:

This is literally just the Titans color scheme. I just think it's so weird that people seem to want for them to rebrand to be more similar to one of their division rivals.

Both teams are already similar in red and navy. I hope the Texans minimize the navy next year or drop it entirely. That would make them different.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

One other thought I’ve had (provided that the Texans do in fact add Luv Ya Blue to their color scheme) is to go primarily Red with Light Blue and Navy accents. That way, they have virtually the same color scheme as the Titans but still manage to stand out (which, given the general blueness of the AFC South, isn’t a bad thing).

• Like 3

Meanwhile, I personally believe the Texans should explore—and should have been explored—an entirely different colorway absent of any trave of red or blue altogether. But of course navy and red was the easy and "safe" route to take with a nickname like Texans (just pulled the colors off the state flag). Several teams have rebranded to completely different colorways over the years; I don't see why this should be different. (Of course, if the rumor mill is true, then *technically* the Texans will be doing the same thing by adding some hue of light blue). 

It kinda sucks too because the Texans currently have one of the best team logos and name/NOB fonts in the league. I really believe that we're about to see all that tossed aside for something more "flavor of the moment" than enduring, which, colors aside, is the aesthetic the Texans currently have. And of course there's the merchandising revenue they can pull in (do doubt aided by the swoosh) by doing that, so... 🤷🏿

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So we know that the Texans are definitely getting new uniforms next year. Is there anybody else who is 100% confirmed for 2024? The Lions maybe?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

Meanwhile, I personally believe the Texans should explore—and should have been explored—an entirely different colorway absent of any trave of red or blue altogether. But of course navy and red was the easy and "safe" route to take with a nickname like Texans (just pulled the colors off the state flag). Several teams have rebranded to completely different colorways over the years; I don't see why this should be different. (Of course, if the rumor mill is true, then *technically* the Texans will be doing the same thing by adding some hue of light blue). 

It kinda sucks too because the Texans currently have one of the best team logos and name/NOB fonts in the league. I really believe that we're about to see all that tossed aside for something more "flavor of the moment" than enduring, which, colors aside, is the aesthetic the Texans currently have. And of course there's the merchandising revenue they can pull in (do doubt aided by the swoosh) by doing that, so... 🤷🏿

One of the better Texans concepts I’ve seen was from @mcrosby’s introduction of a rustic Wild West color scheme complete with an astronaut dress up

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 5
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, JustABallCoach said:

spacer.pngfrom The Texans twitter today. Hopefully new colors 

Do people in Houston actually use the phrase H-Town? I'm asking because I honestly don't know and have never heard it until these rebrand leaks over the last few months. 

From an outsider with no knowledge of "H-Town" it feels very cringe.  Even the font is cringe to me, but again, there could be some Houston tie there that I have no idea about. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Do people in Houston actually use the phrase H-Town? I'm asking because I honestly don't know and have never heard it until these rebrand leaks over the last few months. 

From an outsider with no knowledge of "H-Town" it feels very cringe.  Even the font is cringe to me, but again, there could be some Houston tie there that I have no idea about. 

We do. The name Houston comes from Sam Houston's ancestor Sir Hugh de Paduinan who founded the villiage of Houston, Renfrewshire, Scotland or Hugh's Town.

The meme is H-TINE, HOLD IT DINE.

43 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

We’re 100% gonna get “H-Town” on at least half the new uniforms, aren’t we?

I hope not. One maybe, but not two.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

19 hours ago, henburg said:

It's the Titans that are the problem here. Their whole brand from day one has been squatting on the Oilers' colors so Houston can't have them. It'd be a different story if they had kept the Oilers brand, but when they became the Titans, they should have changed the colors more drastically than they did.

• Like 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Oh yeah, it's definitely a thing. Has been since at least the late 1980s if not before then. Same thing with ATL in Atlanta; it's been a thing there for just about as long if not longer.

2 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

We do. The name Houston comes from Sam Houston's ancestor Sir Hugh de Paduinan who founded the villiage of Houston, Renfrewshire, Scotland or Hugh's Town.

I knew about the Sam Houston part; did not know about the historical connection to Scotland. Thanks for providing that!

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

It's the Titans that are the problem here. Their whole brand from day one has been squatting on the Oilers' colors so Houston can't have them. It'd be a different story if they had kept the Oilers brand, but when they became the Titans, they should have changed the colors more drastically than they did.

Well...they kinda did, by swapping out red for navy blue (and then making that their primary color). Even though luv-ya Blue was still their "signature", by all accounts they were more a navy/columbia team than columbia/______ by that point. And in 1999 that was a really big deal. (Off to the side, but in doing two-tone blue they also jumped off a trend of big-pro teams going navy/light blue all over the place, one of which still carries it to this day: their basketball brethren about 2.5 hours west.)

The funny thing, though, is that even going back to the days of Adelphia Coliseum, they barely had any trace of light blue in or on the stadium. Aside from the interior of the Pro Shop (which at one point was dang-near all light blue on the inside), that hasn't changed much through the renaming from Adelphia to LP and Now Nissan Stadium (and soon to become whatever it'll be called next once the new playplace is built). In fact, about four years back they actually started adding more navy, even changing the signage to more navy and red, with nary a trace of light blue to be seen. Why? Who knows...I don't.

Now with all that said, yeah, I still to this day wonder how differently things would have played out had they adopted the rumored Copperheads colorway and still kept the name Titans. (Interestingly enough, that scheme too resembled that of an old Memphis team, the HounDogs.) Somewhere on the internet exists a newspaper clipping of the rumored names for the now-Titans...Copperheads was one, but if I remember right, Pioneers was the leading choice before Titans got dropped on us.

Of course they're the Snatit now, so all that's a moot point 😁

• LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Oh yeah, it's definitely a thing. Has been since at least the late 1980s if not before then. Same thing with ATL in Atlanta; it's been a thing there for just about as long if not longer.

Can't wait for the Bears ORD uniforms. 

• LOL 1

iq5b7nF.png

23 hours ago, henburg said:

Because people have the Cincinnati vs Cleveland effect. Since both have nearly similar colors albeit the black and seal brown, they seem to be very closed into their ways. For anything, Houston needs to go with red and then dark royal blue making their main or default red instead of navy blue. That way the Texans and Titans will look different.

• Like 1