College Football 2023

Rixaroo

On 7/11/2023 at 5:10 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

New uniforms for UTEP as they switch from Nike to Adidas. Its a much cleaner shoulder stripe as Nike used a single decal last year to act as the stripes

Ronald Awatt, UTEP Miners Football

I thought UTEP wore orange...  Does this strike anyone else as yellow?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

Florida is the latest team to switch to the new Nike template. No change to the design aside from the Gator and Jordan logos being a bit higher on the chest.

I think this template is giving teams problems. The Jumpman and SEC patches are too high and pushed too far towards the armpits.

Georgia wore the manufacturer logo and SEC patch (placed in the same area as the Gator logo) on the new template basically in the same positioning as the old Vapor Untouchable template. Both patches are slightly higher than the G collar logo, but are centered roughly where the new mesh collar comes to a point. Florida looks roughly a half inch, maybe a full inch higher. You can also tell the patches are higher because Georgia stitched the SEC patch over the V seam while Florida’s Gator patch is entirely above the seam.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Compare that to Ohio State, who placed the swoosh right on the edge of the V seam and chose not to embroider the B1G patch over the seam and instead stitched it a couple inches higher, creating a misalignment with the swoosh.

spacer.png

I have wondered the last couple years if teams apply their own swooshes and Jumpman logos because we have seen inconsistencies with the diamond CFP Nike patches. This UF jersey only adds fuels to the fire for me on that theory.

Side note - have Florida’s numbers application always been that simple? They’ve had that custom font for maybe 8-10 years but I always thought they used multiple stitched layers. Those photos make it look like the numbers are sublimated onto a single layer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

I thought UTEP wore orange...  Does this strike anyone else as yellow?

They lightened the orange several years ago. It used to be closer to the color used by Bowling Green. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I think this template is giving teams problems. The Jumpman and SEC patches are too high and pushed too far towards the armpits.

Georgia wore the manufacturer logo and SEC patch (placed in the same area as the Gator logo) on the new template basically in the same positioning as the old Vapor Untouchable template. Both patches are slightly higher than the G collar logo, but are centered roughly where the new mesh collar comes to a point. Florida looks roughly a half inch, maybe a full inch higher. You can also tell the patches are higher because Georgia stitched the SEC patch over the V seam while Florida’s Gator patch is entirely above the seam.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Compare that to Ohio State, who placed the swoosh right on the edge of the V seam and chose not to embroider the B1G patch over the seam and instead stitched it a couple inches higher, creating a misalignment with the swoosh.

spacer.png

I have wondered the last couple years if teams apply their own swooshes and Jumpman logos because we have seen inconsistencies with the diamond CFP Nike patches. This UF jersey only adds fuels to the fire for me on that theory.

Side note - have Florida’s numbers application always been that simple? They’ve had that custom font for maybe 8-10 years but I always thought they used multiple stitched layers. Those photos make it look like the numbers are sublimated onto a single layer.

The teams place the patches and the Nike swooshes as well,that's why you'll see the changes. Getting them right before the playoffs probably affected placement too since they had to get them ready pretty quick. Georgia also had the Dooley patch which affected where they put the SEC patch. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here is the logo for Big 12 media days. It seems the Big 12 may have switched their default color for the conference logo to be black and white with Houston coming in with the same shade of red that the logo previously had. The black and white logo is all over their social media pages ,website, and present on all the mic stands at the media days.

media_day_logo.png

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Their templates have been really strong since 2019

Their only good templates are the cheap ones they give to lower-level schools and schools that are leaving them for another manufacturer. The super-stretchy material they've been pushing on all their other clients for the last 14(?) years has never looked good and will never look good no matter how many minor tweaks they make around the margins.

As far as primary looks go, they just downgraded NC State and Kansas this offseason. Last year, they turned Georgia Tech's uniforms into an eyesore with mismatched shades of gold. A couple years ago, they made pointless changes to Texas A&M by removing the racing stripes and making the number font uglier for no reason. Even when Adidas comes up with a solid look, it only lasts a couple years and gets replaced with something worse.

They might not be as bad as they were in the 2010s, but they're still pretty bad. College football is in desperate need of more brands to compete with them, Nike and UA.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 7/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We should consider NC State's copy-paste of the Falcons as their core aesthetic. 

NC State dynasty, Year 2: In which the Pack gets ahead of schedule -  Backing The Pack

As sad as it is, those are their only other memorable uniforms and they're a blatant ripoff of an NFL team - and one of the Panthers' division rivals, at that.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Because it was. They made the change on short notice. Catalog uniforms is all they could order in this time.

Plus their deal is with a wholesale supplier, not with Nike directly. They wont be getting anything custom until this deal ends.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

cincy in UA wasn’t perfect, but it had personality. This does not.

I understand what’s being said above, but for a D1 program, a visibly rectangular patch with your wordmark on it is a disgrace. Find a new way, it can’t hurt your budget *that* much

• Like 6

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Plus their deal is with a wholesale supplier, not with Nike directly. They wont be getting anything custom until this deal ends.

What deal do they have with a wholesale supplier? I wasn't aware they had something like this going on.

Never mind just read up on their deal with BSN Sports.

Edited by Eszcz21

Does anyone know why they went BSN? Like was their deal up and they didn’t have time to get a new supplier immediately? Was it for being able to pick what they wanted? I guess I’m confused why a school that has done pretty well over the last 4ish years is being relegated to having this kind of a uniform issue.

• Like 1