College Football 2023

Rixaroo

48 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Wonder why it's not used more if all else is equal. Seems like Nike should insist on it for teams with chest wordmarks. It would look a bit better.

It was the issue I had with my Cowboys' uniforms -- just wishing they were able to scooch the wordmark and numbers up a smidge. Lol

210eafcd-e39b-4609-83f4-e354b30edb28-202

Not adding pointy serifs to the number typeface to match the chest word mark should be a crime.

41 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Notre Dame's uniforms for the Navy game in Ireland. Not bad for a one off, but the gold for the sleeve design looks a little too yellow. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Granted, I'm sure this is a coincidence, but...given this and the new Michigan State sets, might we about to see a new mini-trend of pattern-stripes in place of traditional sleeve stripes?

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Granted, I'm sure this is a coincidence, but...given this and the new Michigan State sets, might we about to see a new mini-trend of pattern-stripes in place of traditional sleeve stripes?

I hope so — I’ve loved both. It looks great if it’s done right. It’s probably easy to make it look bad though, so hopefully they don’t start forcing it. Tasteful choices only. Lol

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

not wearing green in Ireland is a choice

While green would be nice, blue was the color of Ireland before green, and is still used in places, such as the Coat of Arms of Ireland. So blue and gold works just fine.

spacer.png

• Like 10

spacer.png

On 8/6/2023 at 9:20 AM, burgundy said:

Notre Dame's uniforms for the Navy game in Ireland. Not bad for a one off, but the gold for the sleeve design looks a little too yellow. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

neck.jpg

NDIrl8.jpg

NavyIrl8-scaled.jpg

NavyIrl1.jpg

Navy looks pretty good as well. I was hoping to see the back of the jersey to see if they have any additional game specific designs like Notre Dame has with the year of the game. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

neck.jpg

NDIrl8.jpg

NavyIrl8-scaled.jpg

NavyIrl1.jpg

Navy looks pretty good as well. I was hoping to see the back of the jersey to see if they have any additional game specific designs like Notre Dame has with the year of the game. 

Navy looks good, but with both teams using Celtic knots it looks like an intrasquad scrimmage (again). @CaliforniaGlowin was right, ND should have gone green. Or Under Armour could have tried harder to make them look different.

spacer.png

On 8/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, Rygi13 said:

Some insight into the difference in costs between Adidas' caste system.

Tier 1 Adidas jersey blanks retail to (high school) teams for $150, pants for $120
F2fxSJaWEAEmxxg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
F2fytIKWcAA4xEP?format=jpg&name=mediumTier 2 jerseys has retail for $80 and pants for $85
F2fyZ0LWQAEN3Mk?format=jpg&name=4096x409F2fyuYRXUAAvLo-?format=jpg&name=large

Difference of $105 per set x 125 players x 2 uniforms (home & away) = $26,250

Not entirely true. Indiana jersey can be fully customizable also. You listed the stock version which is cheaper. 

The choice is more about which embellishments you want. Unless you’re a big time college Adidas’s doesn’t offer much customization on the ghost. While the “adidas custom” is fully customizable and available with twill. 

that jersey style by UA is not great, but at least when Cincinnati wore it there was a pattern so it had some sense of detail to it. LIU's colors are so good, they could rock plain jerseys and look incredible. I'm not a fan of those random jersey stripes though. Looks like blank stickers.

Montana State at South Dakota State: FCS Semifinal Preview and Predictions  - Underdog Dynasty

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 5:26 PM, j'villejags said:

Ah, whoops. Thanks for clarifying. Reminds me of the dress where nobody could decide on the color due to the lighting.

The_dress_blueblackwhitegold.jpg

This is Florida Man’s answer to The Dress. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:52 PM, Rygi13 said:

Some insight into the difference in costs between Adidas' caste system.

Tier 1 Adidas jersey blanks retail to (high school) teams for $150, pants for $120
F2fxSJaWEAEmxxg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
F2fytIKWcAA4xEP?format=jpg&name=mediumTier 2 jerseys has retail for $80 and pants for $85
F2fyZ0LWQAEN3Mk?format=jpg&name=4096x409F2fyuYRXUAAvLo-?format=jpg&name=large

Difference of $105 per set x 125 players x 2 uniforms (home & away) = $26,250

to be fair, their major D1 football schools very likely get completely free uniforms.

but for smaller colleges and most high schools, they're likely getting anywhere from 30%-50% discounts on all apparel (including uniforms) and many have other provisions built into the initial deal of the contract (i.e. purchase home jersey & 2 sets of pants, get away jersey free).  but high school teams have the option to purchase any tier uniform they choose (i've seen some purchase "practice" jerseys and wear them for games)

• Like 1