College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I wonder, given the surprise nature of the Buffs' uniforms today, will we see them styled similarly to how Jackson State was under Deion? Multiple new jerseys/styles over the course of the season? 

The new set today wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, especially in regard to number visibility. I suppose the black outlines helped with that.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Super subtle observation I noticed with Georgia tonight. They are wearing the FUSE template that includes built-in thigh, hip, and butt pads (not sure what those are called, tail bone pads?) in the pants.

USATSI_21334925.jpg

Even though they wore the new Nike template in the CFP, those uniforms did not include the built-in pads.

spacer.png

———

Tennessee confirmed to wear the SEC above the swoosh despite the new template (remember the only reason they relocated the SEC patch was to accommodate other patches a couple seasons ago).

spacer.png

———

Vandy still doing mix and match with their new uniforms.

spacer.png

———

Kentucky looks respectable again.

spacer.png

———

I think they’ve worn these before but I find myself liking these South Carolina alternate lids.

spacer.png

———

I am fine with the elimination of gray for Mississippi State and also like dropping the massive chest wordmark. I think losing the M State banner logo on the helmet is a mistake, though. The script looks like it belongs on the baseball diamond. Overall a nice look.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Arizona has changed their navy uniforms from the catalog version of the Vapor Untouchable template to the catalog version of the FUSE. They’ve also changed the stripes to red/white/red instead of matching the helmet stripes. I don’t mind the stripe change as long as the white jerseys and pants still match the r/w/b helmet stripe. The number font on the new jerseys appears to be a slightly altered version of standard block (noticeable on the 1, 4, and 7) and is also very  skinny. The placement of the Pac-12 patch and captaincy patches is also quite awkward.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

We'll skip past the obvious BFBS and get to the part of this I've been hoping for the longest that KU would do: adopt the circus font for their football uniforms. What they have right now is solid; these are just more distinctive. (I know Wyo beat KU to it in football, but KU has had some version of the circus font for the longest time in basketball, so there's that at least.)

And...

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

...What exactly is going on with Northern Arizona's pants there...is that some kind of new "Sedona stripe" or something?

Fake edit: turns out that came with the 2021 rebrand that I apparently completely missed...they also got the Lousiville numbers (which I guess now is an adidas stock option now???)...

E_AZxr4WYAA-3QE.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

We'll skip past the obvious BFBS and get to the part of this I've been hoping for the longest that KU would do: adopt the circus font for their football uniforms. What they have right now is solid; these are just more distinctive. (I know Wyo beat KU to it in football, but KU has had some version of the circus font for the longest time in basketball, so there's that at least.)

I'm surprised how much I like the circus font on the KU football uniform. I'm also surprised that they are doing this one game after rebranding the football program to a block font. I wonder if they really considered going circus with football, the rumor is the return of circus to KU basketball full time after this season. Trajan is mercifully being phased out it seems.

2 hours ago, Ringneck75 said:

I'm surprised how much I like the circus font on the KU football uniform. I'm also surprised that they are doing this one game after rebranding the football program to a block font. I wonder if they really considered going circus with football, the rumor is the return of circus to KU basketball full time after this season. Trajan is mercifully being phased out it seems.

I was really hoping to see the basketball team wear it full time this year.

When they released the block football jerseys, my heart started to dream of KU sports without Trajan.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

As they showed off at Pac-12 media day and in preseason photo shoots, UCLA is still wearing the Vapor Untouchable this year. Mildly surprising since the other Jordan Brand schools all got upgraded and LSU (plus the Colts & Patriots in the NFL) is wearing the shoulder stripe version of the FUSE template. While the jerseys and pants are the same, last night the Bruins wore about as much gold as possible without wearing gold jerseys. As far as I could tell, all of the players wore gold socks, tights, and cleats. Plus, they’ve added gold front and back helmet bumpers and gold chinstraps:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1