College Football 2023

Rixaroo

16 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

P.J. Fleck had a rant on Minnesota's uniforms that I think you all will find interesting:

What a friggin goon. Good lord. You wanna add BFBS uniforms? Go for it. Yours look terrible when you're using dark maroon as the accent color, with none of your gold for contrast, but go for it. But adding oars and "row the boat" to the uniforms is so selfish and annoying. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Looks like further confirmation that Oregon will be wearing green jerseys and black pants this weekend but I can't tell if they'll be wearing green or black helmets (personally I think it'll be black.)

Makes sense for Oregon to wear black against a team who's colors include black

• LOL 4

10 hours ago, dont care said:

I wonder why Nike would think that it’s a good idea to show that their shoes are actively making their feet hot.

Ahh yes, because otherwise it’s such a big secret that people’s feet get hot when engaging in athletic activities. 

Not to mention the fact that the video makes it clear the idea behind the cleats came from Oregon’s long-time EQ guy.

13 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Makes sense for Oregon to wear black against a team who's colors include black

Makes sense for Oregon to wear what they want for a home game. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I personally love the Black/Green/Black combo. The yellow accents really pop, and the green gets to be the star without being overbearing.  I really think it embraces school colors while looking sleek and modern, pleasing both sides of the aisle.

oregon-ducks-arizona-wildcats-09252021-g

usa_today_10319493.0.jpg

128356847.jpg

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

1 hour ago, Green27 said:

I personally love the Black/Green/Black combo. The yellow accents really pop, and the green gets to be the star without being overbearing.  I really think it embraces school colors while looking sleek and modern, pleasing both sides of the aisle.

Agreed 100%, and I also think it’s pretty much the perfect choice to go with the special cleats. The cleats get to shine without the uniforms being too flashy or colorful (like last week’s g/g/y combo), while the combo itself is still strong enough to stand on its own as well.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Eh. It's better than their last attempt at BFBS.

Kywin-Supernaw.jpg

The Antwaan Randle-El era! Honestly these were so absurd that they almost worked. At least they went for it. Too many crimson and white teams as it is. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

15 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

The Antwaan Randle-El era! Honestly these were so absurd that they almost worked. At least they went for it. Too many crimson and white teams as it is. 

My favorite look from that era.

d9dr3tnxfym0fsbhfay2

The red over red with the black helmet was great idea. IU hoops get most of the attention but this was a fun way to differentiate the football team.

I remember walking into a BIG 10 pride store when I was doing college visits (I think it was at Purdue but I'm not 100% sure) and they had a whole row of collectable helmets with all (then) 11 teams and the black IU helmet was one of them. 

4 hours ago, Green27 said:

oregon-ducks-arizona-wildcats-09252021-g

usa_today_10319493.0.jpg

128356847.jpg

Man I really miss the O on the side of the helmets…

• Like 13
oregonsig.png

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Nothing about it says "Indiana." They look like the generic rival team from a movie. The new ones aren't particularly good either, but at least they've got the traditional IU on the helmets and the right shade of crimson.

That Sports Bell uniform was Indiana football trying to get away from Indiana basketball and jumping on changes by the 49ers. Changing the red from crimson didn't help either. It was still a good looking uniform regardless.

Photos: Antwaan Randle El electrified college football 20 years ago

Countdown to IUFB Kickoff: 11 Days (Antwaan Randle El) — Hoosier Huddle

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png