College Football 2023

Rixaroo

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Looks like my Seminoles are doing the 🧊 ⚪◻️◻️ thing again....

I used to really relish in the fact that Florida State never really got into all this kind of stuff (save for the Unconquered alts, which even Bobby Bowden conceded was just because Nike wanted Florida State to have an all-black uniform) but I get it, alt combos have been a thing for a hot minute now so whateva. That said, I'd probably tolerate the white helmets more if they swapped put the white for gold on that spear decal...

I agree with you. Gold and garnet decals would do wonders for that helmet. And even then, it should only be worn on the road. Florida State can keep their garnet and white pants and mix and match home and away. They can even do black once a year or so. But the moment they started mixing the white helmet with the garnet jersey, it looked horrible. When you have a helmet so iconic as the gold, it should be worn most of the time.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

These are just absolutely tremendous:

spacer.png

One of my favorite colorways ever. 

(Well that and UCLA's regular one, as well.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This may seem extreme but it should be illegal for UCLA to use any number font other than Clarendon.

I would also extend this to Kansas and their old arc-serif font. Trajan sucks, always and forever.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These are just absolutely tremendous:

spacer.png

Im surprised there was no PAC12 Logos. Maybe this is a standard alt and they will carry over to the B1G so they went "cheap" so they wouldn't have to redo patches. 

1 hour ago, walkerws said:

Im surprised there was no PAC12 Logos. Maybe this is a standard alt and they will carry over to the B1G so they went "cheap" so they wouldn't have to redo patches. 

I think they were just trying to add to the accuracy of the throwbacks. The helmets didn’t have the Pac-12 logo, either:

spacer.png

Of course the Jumpman logo was still on there, but it would’ve been nice if they matched the color of the jersey and pants to add to the throwback appearance.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/27/2023 at 6:10 PM, upperV03 said:

Arizona State is also going black, finally wearing their stupid glow-in-the-dark unis and pairing them with gold lids:

spacer.png

I don’t understand what makes them stupid? They look good and they actually glow in the dark which is cool.

• Huh? 1

5 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The NFL has sent University of Houston cease and desist letters related to the Cougars' "Luv ya Blue" inspired uniforms and merchandise.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/nfl-tells-uh-cease-and-desist-oilers-jerseys-18455963.php

Considering the league took no issue with Arkansas' Cowboys-inspired alternate or Mississippi State's Patriots alternate, this is stupid as hell. They also had no issue with the Houston Rockets wearing powder blue and red. I can maybe see merchandise being an issue if it's too close with logos, but if it's literally just the color scheme and retro vibe they're gatekeeping, that's absolutely ludicrous.

• Like 9

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

Considering the league took no issue with Arkansas' Cowboys-inspired alternate or Mississippi State's Patriots alternate, this is stupid as hell. They also had no issue with the Houston Rockets wearing powder blue and red. I can maybe see merchandise being an issue if it's too close with logos, but if it's literally just the color scheme and retro vibe they're gatekeeping, that's absolutely ludicrous.

Studying in college is an exciting yet challenging experience. I've always been fascinated by geology and mineralogy, but the subject's intricacies can be quite overwhelming. Understanding the properties and formation of rocks and minerals requires comprehensive resources. To improve my grades and make studying more engaging, I've found StoryboardThat's Rocks and Minerals Worksheets to be a fantastic aid. These worksheets provide detailed insights, making it easier to comprehend the complex world of geology and mineralogy. If you're facing similar challenges or just want to explore this subject further, you should definitely see details provided in these worksheets. Studying is all about finding the right tools to make the journey smoother, and these resources have been a valuable addition to my college experience.

It's not uncommon for sports leagues to have strict rules and regulations regarding team uniforms and alternate jerseys. These rules are often in place to maintain brand consistency, prevent confusion among fans, and protect the intellectual property of both the league and individual teams. The issue of uniform regulations can be a subject of debate among fans and even teams, especially when they want to use alternate jerseys with unique designs or color schemes. In such cases, the league's decisions can be viewed as overly restrictive or even arbitrary. Ultimately, it comes down to a balance between the league's desire for brand consistency and the individuality and creativity of teams and their fans. In situations like this, where fans or teams disagree with the league's decisions, it's not uncommon to see discussions and debates about what should be allowed. Fans who are passionate about their team's alternate jerseys might express their dissatisfaction, but the league's decisions are typically made with various considerations in mind, including licensing, brand consistency, and potential confusion. While fans may not always agree with these decisions, they are a part of maintaining the overall image and identity of the league.

Edited by Janet_Jones

8 minutes ago, Janet_Jones said:

It's not uncommon for sports leagues to have strict rules and regulations regarding team uniforms and alternate jerseys. These rules are often in place to maintain brand consistency, prevent confusion among fans, and protect the intellectual property of both the league and individual teams. The issue of uniform regulations can be a subject of debate among fans and even teams, especially when they want to use alternate jerseys with unique designs or color schemes. In such cases, the league's decisions can be viewed as overly restrictive or even arbitrary. Ultimately, it comes down to a balance between the league's desire for brand consistency and the individuality and creativity of teams and their fans. In situations like this, where fans or teams disagree with the league's decisions, it's not uncommon to see discussions and debates about what should be allowed. Fans who are passionate about their team's alternate jerseys might express their dissatisfaction, but the league's decisions are typically made with various considerations in mind, including licensing, brand consistency, and potential confusion. While fans may not always agree with these decisions, they are a part of maintaining the overall image and identity of the league.

who let chatgpt make an account

• LOL 14

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I don't claim to be a legal expert, but here's how I see the case turning out:

Judge: The plaintiff should know that color schemes are in the public domain.  Can you demonstrate a case of the defendant using NFL trademarked images, such as the oil derrick logo?

NFL: No, but-
Judge: And by bringing up a case against Houston's college team and no others, you are acknowledging that said color scheme's heritage belongs to Houston, right?
NFL: Well, Your Hon-
Judge: CASE DISMISSED.

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I think the problem here is that the Oilers uniform itself is trademarked, as in the colors and striping patterns. The other teams wore NFL based uniforms, but in their school colors (and I am pretty sure Arkansas got permission from Dallas and/or NFL, if I remember correctly). The Rockets don't play football, so it would be harder for the NFL to claim infringement on the grounds that a basketball uniform would create confusion with a football uniform. Ultimately, they have to be very harsh when it comes to infringement as apart of keeping trademark and copyright is continuous defense of those properties, similar to how the NFL and college teams have been cracking down on high schools using recolored logos more recently. 

1 hour ago, kb105 said:

I think the problem here is that the Oilers uniform itself is trademarked, as in the colors and striping patterns. The other teams wore NFL based uniforms, but in their school colors (and I am pretty sure Arkansas got permission from Dallas and/or NFL, if I remember correctly). The Rockets don't play football, so it would be harder for the NFL to claim infringement on the grounds that a basketball uniform would create confusion with a football uniform. Ultimately, they have to be very harsh when it comes to infringement as apart of keeping trademark and copyright is continuous defense of those properties, similar to how the NFL and college teams have been cracking down on high schools using recolored logos more recently. 

Uniforms cannot be copyrighted or trademarked. Colors cannot be trademarked either, though Nike's been trying to create a version of kelly green that is theirs alone to control. If that were the case  there are a lot of schools in Ohio that would have to change their uniforms because they look too much like the Browns. 

Sources - NFL told Houston to stop using Oilers-inspired uniform - ESPN

PHOTOS: 'Luv ya Blue' Houston Cougars honor Oilers history with popular  color scheme

Tennessee Titans vs Atlanta Falcons: Best photos from Sunday's game

Rookie Will Levis throws 4 TDs in his NFL debut as Titans beat Falcons 28-23

Based on the two jerseys being worn, you can't even say they are the same design. The only things that are the same are the closeness of the colors and the template used. The two blues are not even a match as you can see by looking at the helmet stripes. And the pants are obviously not the same. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't want the Adams family and NFL to win this, but I can see their point where UH was essentially doing everything in their power to hint that its a Oilers uniform wheras if some random team in Kansas wore columbia blue uniforms with white helmets we would just think "those like like the oilers, neat"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I don't want the Adams family and NFL to win this, but I can see their point where UH was essentially doing everything in their power to hint that its a Oilers uniform wheras if some random team in Kansas wore columbia blue uniforms with white helmets we would just think "those like like the oilers, neat"

Maybe that's why Rice had navy blue around the letters and the sleeve stripe design.

Rice unveils Oilers-inspired uniforms for Week 5 matchup vs. East Carolina  - Underdog Dynasty

Rice Owls Reveal Houston Oilers-Themed Alternate Uniforms – SportsLogos.Net  News

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png