2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

48 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

This video is about as accurate as a Bruins big board on draft night.

• LOL 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Since we're discussing the Bruins, I was curious if opinion on here has soured on these uniforms?  I remember them being one of the first Edge unveilings, getting near universal acclaim on arrival, and being held up as an example of a modern classic for many years after...   Though in the past couple years I've seen a lot of people advocate a return to what they wore in the early 90's.  The overall look took a bit of a hit during the conversion to Adidas (the shoulder yoke doesn't look as good and black socks at home remains a contentious issue) but it's basically the same uniform.  Adidas and Edge versions shown for comparison.

VZjWbjY.jpgPXgtlOV.jpg

As a Bruins fan, I much prefer the Reebok jerseys to the Adidas ones. I really did like the three color numbers and feel like the two color numbers on the Adidas jerseys don't really pop as much. It almost looks incomplete, especially next to the sleeve striping.

I love the Bruins current set of uniforms, but yes, the Meth Bear era still rules in regards to simplicity.

• Like 3
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think it's 3 things working at once. First, as you've noted, adidas has made the jersey worse overall, socks, numbers, and general overall construction looks worse.

Second, there's always been a not-insignificant portion of the Bruins fan base that just prefers the 80 to early 90s jerseys over the current ones. I'm not one of them personally, but those jerseys have always been pretty beloved, especially since they're associated with guys like Ray Bourque and our terrible GM.

Third, the jersey's nearly 20 years old and an also not-insignificant portion of the general public likes change for the sake of change. I'm sure for some people it's just gotten stale.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I liked them at first because they were a good decision among a sea of bad decisions with the EDGE. And they replaced the extremely clunky uniforms of the late 90's, which always looked like a minor league team doing an impression of the Bruins, but I think they're a bit stale. Give me the late 70's/80's look any time. That uniform is just a rock solid handsome look. 

And bring back the yellow socks damnit. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know this is probably sacrilege to some people, but honestly I kinda want Boston to switch to brown full-time, specifically the shade they used for the 2019 Winter Classic. They can pull the look off well, and nobody else in the league uses brown anyways.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised their first RR wasn't a brown-and-gold 80's jersey, seems like that would've been incredibly obvious and an easy seller.

• Like 4

I’m also of the opinion that the older, simpler logo has way less visual clutter.

spacer.png

This version, with a black spoked wheel and yellow “B” outlined in black is so much cleaner than the multitude of outlines that the logo received in the ‘90s. While I’m not for oversimplification, the trend of double outlines looks very out-of-date, even tacky now. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I know this is probably sacrilege to some people, but honestly I kinda want Boston to switch to brown full-time, specifically the shade they used for the 2019 Winter Classic. They can pull the look off well, and nobody else in the league uses brown anyways.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised their first RR wasn't a brown-and-gold 80's jersey, seems like that would've been incredibly obvious and an easy seller.

I STRONGLY want the Bruins to use dark brown instead of black. A Bruin is literally a brown bear. A deep chocolate shade would be amazing alongside the rich yellow and vintage white (I know, go ahead and hate me). I'd also prefer they wear yellow as the primary home jersey.

In other words, I probably have the most unpopular opinions regarding the Bruins.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

And the Bruins' 23-24 schedule includes "Era Nights." There are six of them, all against Original Six opponents. Montreal gets two of them. 

EDIT: 

It seems strange that they're being so vague about this whole thing. They unveil a centennial crest that will I guess be the primary logo for the upcoming season, but make no mention of if there will be new uniforms or if the new crest will even be used on the uniforms. Then they announce the Era Nights with a video that highlights various uniforms from their history, but don't explicitly state whether or not they'll actually wear those uniforms during those games. It's all very confusing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It seems strange that they're being so vague about this whole thing. They unveil a centennial crest that will I guess be the primary logo for the upcoming season, but make no mention of if there will be new uniforms or if the new crest will even be used on the uniforms. Then they announce the Era Nights with a video that highlights various uniforms from their history, but don't explicitly state whether or not they'll actually wear those uniforms during those games. It's all very confusing.

Pretty on brand for a Jacobs family organization if we're being honest.

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I believe it's what we in the biz call "a teaser." They'll make an actual announcement and unveil everything, don't worry.

Suh-wing and a miss.  This is like an SNL Celebrity Jeopardy-tier response to “Design a Mighty Ducks sweater.”

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They need to quit playing around with people and just bring back the original [Mighty] Ducks sweaters and be done with it already....

56136552.jpg.jpg

246893.jpg.0.jpg

1438034_333784-AP_03051404128.jpg

Ish ain't difficult, Anaheim...stop tap-dancing/pussyfooting around with folk and give us all what we REALLY want back!

• Like 11
  • Applause 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In-person image from the Ducks subreddit:

spacer.png

The :censored:'s the point of having the Webbed D there at all if it's going to be so small you'd need a microscope to see it on TV? Why'd they hop on the roundel train so late? How do you not at least fill the cuffs to match the hem? Why do you not even have the Mighty Ducks logo on the jersey as a shoulder patch?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

In-person image from the Ducks subreddit:

spacer.png

The :censored:'s the point of having the Webbed D there at all if it's going to be so small you'd need a microscope to see it on TV? Why'd they hop on the roundel train so late? How do you not at least fill the cuffs to match the hem? Why do you not even have the Mighty Ducks logo on the jersey as a shoulder patch?

Is this like their new Walmart jersey or something?

What do you mean they're wearing this walmart daffy duck lookin thing?