Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

FuP5dViXsAEM8YJ?format=jpg&name=large

C'mon.  Those are totally different.  One says ARIZONA, one says COMMANDERS.  They're as different as night and...later that night.

I mean, my god, the black one doesn't even have a forehead logo! 

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, raz said:

Remember he said he saw the helmet WITHOUT a sticker. That still fits in with the colors that didn't turn out. 

Take it easy. 

I saw the helmet without the facemask. More than one source (including the Redditor) described the face masks as Metallic Silver.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nickp91 said:

The Cardinals wish their uniforms were as good as OHIO STATE

Most teams wish their uniforms were as good as Ohio State's.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is just saying you want the pre-05 uniforms with extra steps

Exactly. Any pre-05 version would have been fine.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, Krudler said:

These are so close imo. Lose the wordmark on the home jersey, swap the pants for home and away, replace the gray trim with navy and yellow and fire the black alts into the sun then we'd be cookin. Thank God they didn't change the logo or helmet.

They changed both.

Silver flakes and a silver facemask. Logo is the 3-D version and enlarged.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

What I don't get is why it was so hard to just say the helmet has silver flecks and the facemask is metallic silver instead of dragging it out for two weeks. It's not your fault some of the information was wrong, but it didn't have to be turned into a whole production.

Seriously? Don't sit there all high and mighty and judge TruColor as if he did anything wrong. People hound and nag at him to give them details about uniforms before they're released, even though he's stated numerous times he can only reveal so much. And this time he clearly stated again and again that the uniforms were just what someone was telling him. He never claimed them to be 100% accurate, only just what he was hearing. And yet people still keep hounding him so he gives what information he can. And when it doesn't turn out exactly like that, y'all turn on him as if he's let everyone down.

Y'all wanted details. He gave you what he could and it still wasn't good enough. If I were him, anytime someone asked for info, I'd tell them to :censored: off. But he's a nice guy, so he won't. Too bad not everyone appreciates what all he's done around here.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

Ok mod hat on. 

TruColor has proven his bonafides as a trustworthy source time and again, and has ALWAYS walked the line between sharing news and not compromising his sources exceptionally well. 

He's also one of the people to thank for our community being what it is today. Many people, myself included, found the CCSLC through his SSUR site back in the day. 

In this case he passed along information from a source that was clearly lying to him. It's not his fault. We've all been duped before. 

So let me make this clear. This will not became a "badger TruColor" thread. If it continues to trend in that direction it will be locked and the responsible parties will be disciplined.

Thank you all for your expected cooperation.  

Quoting this because some of you didn't seem to get the message the first time. I'll just add this. TruColor stated numerous times that the info he was receiving could be of questionable veracity. He never once claimed otherwise. The guy was never anything but 100% honest with you.  I don't know which part of "what this person is telling me may not be true" is tripping up some of you geniuses, but you need to get over it and right quick.

Thank you all in advance for getting past it and acting like adults again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 16

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

The regular adult jerseys still have the larger wordmark, but you're right. The smaller wordmark looks better. On the actual jerseys it goes into the mesh areas of the jerseys, so even on the replicas for adults they're smaller than they should be.

Men's Arizona Cardinals Kyler Murray Nike Cardinal Vapor F.U.S.E. Limited Jersey

Rpxvkc0.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I'm not sure how relevant this is. The Cardinals specifically referred to each of these monochrome suits as the home, road, and alternate looks and specified the colors of each uniform element:

The Commanders only modeled monochrome as well, but they also kept plain pants for all colors, whereas Arizona has red pants without a stripe, but white ones with a stripe. This shouldn't matter, but I fear that this was on purpose and they will use it as an excuse to stick with the same three combos.

The Rams did the same thing. The bone jerseys were only supposed to worn with the bone pants but that lasted less than a season.

I guarantee the Cardinals will mix and match.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

29 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Rams did the same thing. The bone jerseys were only supposed to worn with the bone pants but that lasted less than a season.

I guarantee the Cardinals will mix and match.

The Cards will mix and match because while the absence of striping on the red is apparent, they’ll eventually do it this season I bet. I could even see them going as far as these combos (Helmet/Jersey/Pants/Socks):

W/R/R/W

W/R/W/W

W/R/W/R

B/B/R/B

B/B/W/B

• Like 1

Because I am an old crank who has been on this board too long, I needed to get in touch with the coveted youth demographic to see what they thought of these uniforms. So I asked my 9-1/2 year old son, who became a Seahawks fan after seeing them in neon green, and thought the old Cards unis were "trash." His analysis:

"Oh, those are even worse than the last ones."

"The red jersey needs to go with the white pants. That looks terrible."

"Why don't the other ones have the name on the front?"

"What is with the black one? Why do they keep on doing that? It doesn't even look like the right team."

"The Buccaneers did this a lot better."

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Because I am an old crank who has been on this board too long, I needed to get in touch with the coveted youth demographic to see what they thought of these uniforms. So I asked my 9-1/2 year old son, who became a Seahawks fan after seeing them in neon green, and thought the old Cards unis were "trash." His analysis:

"Oh, those are even worse than the last ones."

"The red jersey needs to go with the white pants. That looks terrible."

"Why don't the other ones have the name on the front?"

"What is with the black one? Why do they keep on doing that? It doesn't even look like the right team."

"The Buccaneers did this a lot better."

My 21 year old son texted me last night (unprompted), and stated: "After seeing the new Cardinals jerseys I am convinced I could be a graphic designer for a professional sports team. It's literally just a red jersey. No design. No twist. No "Arizona" anything. It's just red lol. What's the minimum number of years before another design change? Isn't it like 2-3?"

I told him 5.

He replied "Oh great lol"

3 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

The common fan won't notice a difference.

A - Which doesn't make it true

B - You  DO know that we aren't the common fan, right?

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

My 21 year old son texted me last night (unprompted), and stated: "After seeing the new Cardinals jerseys I am convinced I could be a graphic designer for a professional sports team. It's literally just a red jersey. No design. No twist. No "Arizona" anything. It's just red lol. What's the minimum number of years before another design change? Isn't it like 2-3?"

I told him 5.

He replied "Oh great lol"

A - Which doesn't make it true

B - You  DO know that we aren't the common fan, right?

I certainly do.

I also certainly know those silver specs won't even be noticed by the people in the huddle of the damn game is all I am saying.

But yes it is a different.

• Like 1