2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

55 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Did someone miss a deadline to flex Bears-Chargers out of Sunday night? There were three late games more compelling on paper than this.

Out of the late games, Niners/Bengals was likely protected by CBS. Browns/Seahawks could have been interesting. Don't see the argument for Chiefs/Broncos or Ravens/Cardinals though. Rams/Cowboys from the early window might have been decent (on paper, the Rams got demolished on the field). But I agree that the 2023 Chicago Bears should not have been given a Sunday Night game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Exactly, it was a hard-fought game.

After that, Kaepernick started to decline, parallel to Harbaugh becoming the crazy fella we know and love (to make fun of) today. Also, the majority of the Super Bowl contender Niners players left during the 2014-15 offseason, accelerating Kaep's decline. You seemed to ignore my larger point about the dishonesty of pretending that Kaepernick was still a top-tier player after 2013/14. He simply was not, especially not in an organization that was hell-bent on creating a hostile environment for players and coaches.

I wasn't closely following, but I remember Kap as having a lot to give after the kneeling stuff. The Niners were a joke organization, as you said, so it stands to reason he would have had more to give to a functional team.

• Huh? 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wasn't closely following, but I remember Kap as having a lot to give after the kneeling stuff. The Niners were a joke organization, as you said, so it stands to reason he would have had more to give to a functional team.

He really didn’t. His performance was already starting to falter after 2013 and he just never really recovered. He was an RG3-contemporary, from a time when mobile QB’s were “figured out” after a year or two and nobody really knew how to help them along like they do now. Russ emerged as the best one of that era because he had more versatile skills, while Karpernick just stalled out.

Kaepernick could’ve had more to give if he made significant changes to his game and had a better organization around him - one that wasn’t feeding him to Chip Kelly. Having a year or two off probably would’ve helped, but the NFL blacklisted him and we didn’t ever get to know that. A team in 2020 or 21 should’ve given him a shot to fill in for a QB with COVID though - nothing to lose by trying at that point.

• Like 3

Reaching the point of the Bears season where I give them about a half of football before opting to do literally anything else that is in any way productive.  There's absolutely nothing to look forward to about the team.  The coaching staff will all be fired, Fields and Bagent are both pretty crappy, they've struck out on most of their free agent signings, and the season is a long way from over. 

I wish I could smother this franchise with a pillow so we could all just move on with our lives and properly grieve for an organization that's been chugging arsenic for decades now but has a Rasputin-esque unwillingness to die.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

Did someone miss a deadline to flex Bears-Chargers out of Sunday night? There were three late games more compelling on paper than this.

It's Chicago and LA.  Two of the three largest markets in the US.  Even if it's a questionable matchup, it still brings eyes.

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I mean, it's the Chargers, so it's L.A. in name only.  Rams-Cowboys was a questionable matchup of large markets. The Bears are exploring new depths of bad.

Are we forgetting the Chargers are actually watchable?

6uXNWAo.png

At least the Bears are limited to two primetime games this season (I'm not counting Thursday). The Raiders though have even more, with about five (two SNF, two MNF, Christmas Day). Were there offseason playoff aspirations for LV that I just overlooked?

Ha, this is comical.

Like, this is one of the LAST teams that should be complaining about "refball", when this same team has been one of the greatest beneficiaries of "refball" over the years. Maybe it's time to face reality: maybe y'all just ain't that good?? Maybe it's time Tomlin and his team took a long look in the mirror (and in Tomlin's case, right at his OC alongside the mirror). Maybe its time Rooney et. al to break tradition and consider cleaning house after the season (like what probably should have happened a season or two ago)? But yeah, tears coming out of Pittsburgh is about the last thing anyone is gonna pay attention to. 

They got the Snatit rolling up in there in two days, with plenty of lead time to study Will Levis' game film. If Levis and Co. has anywhere near the same type of game in Pittsburgh as they just did against the Falcons—and bear in mind the Snatit haven't won against the Steelers since 2013—then that'll even more telling. 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

54 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Good lord. 

Niners got that GOOD D.

They absolutely BETTER do something with all those stars on their squad this season or that entire organization is gonna come under some serious fire. Granted, Chase Young is in his contract year, which means he gon' be looking for that bread, and perhaps WTF knew they weren't gonna be able/didn't want to resign him, so why not get what they could get out of the deal? Makes good business sense. (Rumors were that Jacksonville wanted him to pair with Josh Allen, but I don't know who or what they'd have been willing to give up in return, so I'll give Turtleneck Trent Baalke credit for not blowing the wad on that one.)

In other trade news, the Detroit Lions just got another pair of hands, courtesy of Cleveland. I haven't paid much mind to the Browns lately but from what I can remember DPJ was a pretty good receiver for them. At any rate that's one more weapon for Jared Goff to play with now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

Good lord. 

Niners got that GOOD D.

Kind of feels like Josh Dobbs would have been better for them

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

31 minutes ago, tBBP said:

In other trade news, the Detroit Lions just got another pair of hands, courtesy of Cleveland. I haven't paid much mind to the Browns lately but from what I can remember DPJ was a pretty good receiver for them. At any rate that's one more weapon for Jared Goff to play with now...

Peoples-Jones has 97 yards receiving this season. No idea why he fell so far down the depth chart. I thought the kid looked pretty good over the past couple seasons. But what do I know? I thought the Browns should have drafted Josh Allen over Baker Mayfield and we all see how that worked out. 😎

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Kind of feels like Josh Dobbs would have been better for them

Dobbs is competing with Josh Johnson to see who replaces Ryan Fitzpatrick in the role of "QB who plays for almost half the league throughout their career" although Dobbs has yet to play for every division in the NFL like Johnson has.