MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

Ha, I saw the DirecTV logo just a couple days ago and made the same connection. Cool that someone else saw it too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

So I guess single-digit numbers won't be a thing for the Dodgers new City Connects

spacer.png

These are ok, put actual effort into this. No single digits?  Dumb. BTW are the pants funfetti too?  Edit : saw the Pants ARE funfetti 

Edited by lahaye7
update
  • Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'd prefer the sleeve tabs be Dodger Blue and the makers mark as well, then the red numbers could have still been used. I'd also like the numbers to be fully visible and to use single digits as well. The LA/D mark feels very forced. If they chose to use their current word mark and numbers with the above mentioned color tweaks, I think it could be a good uniform. Currently the typography and updated marks do not feel very Dodger to me and not very LA either.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

So I guess single-digit numbers won't be a thing for the Dodgers new City Connects

spacer.png

I don't necessarily hate the double number thing. I guess it's a fun quirk. I do like the name under the number though, that's fun and unique we really only see in basketball.

Overall, much better thought out compared to their first CC.

• Like 4

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Ok I get some of the references, but still no one saw that pattern as funfetti???

I immediately thought of Pop Tarts.

• Like 6

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I appreciate that the weirdest thing about this is the cut-off bottoms of the back numbers, and in their explainers they use Ohtani, whose number includes the two digits where this is least discernible. And then give no explanation for the numbers being cut off whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

spacer.png

One of the most traditional teams in all of sports has committed the most uniform sins out of everyone. Everything here is nonsensical and then they cap it off by having no single digit numbers. That's very impressive.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

The "upward trajectory" bit is dumb.  I would have bought it if they referenced the region's history with aerospace.  At least they explained the funfetti look as being the seat colors.  That part I can get on board with.  The font choices are a stretch but justified.  Again though, way too many of these are "city" connect that try way too hard to pigeon hole themselves into team references and not the actual, you know, city.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

I was just thinking about this the other day MLB primary hats have to be one of the only thing in professional sports uniform aesthetics currently that do not have a single bad look. Even the Marlins which I do not particularly enjoy at least look professional.  The only hat here that isnt current is the D-Backs. Sure, some teams have better looks as alternates or in their history but in a world where brands continued to get watered down this is one positive.

spacer.png

• Like 10

6 hours ago, kolob said:

I don't necessarily hate the double number thing. I guess it's a fun quirk. 

Except that 0# could actually be a number, like it was for Benny Santiago.  I believe the rules say that 09 is different than 9, but I'm not certain about that. ( He chose it because he didn't want the straps from his chest protector to split the 9 in half, so 09 allowed it to stand on its own.)

IMO the worst thing about this (and there's like 50 things that could be "the worst") is that the Dodgers should always have red front numbers.  That's their thing.  That's what makes a Dodgers uniform.  That could have been the tie in to the history of the team, or whatever silly-ass dumb-ass explanation they'd come up with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

They feel like a Turn Ahead the Clock uniform from the 60s. I like them, but don't love them. Massive improvement over the last ones. B+

That was my first reaction too. BTW,  I was flipping around for Red Sox game, and when I found it, I wasn't sure who Boston was playing it was Toronto (in their CC unis) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again