MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

41 minutes ago, ATLJ said:

New Atlanta United away kit leaked by local basketball team: 

spacer.png

This is pretty cool for me to see. Probably one of the few away kits I’ve liked for my club. I liked the original gray and light red kit and the white and peach one was cool. The others have missed.

For those unfamiliar, this is the City of Atlanta flag with a phoenix to symbolize the city rising from the ashes:

spacer.png

I had the opportunity to work on the graphics package for the supporters group Resurgence back around 2015/2016, which uses the same theme (logo top left). So for me, this is very cool to see the club lean into that imagery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

As a non-Atlanta fan, I think that immediately becomes the best away shirt in their short history. The flag tie-in feels natural and the color scheme is really pleasing. When I first saw the description of the shirt last week, I was worried the pheonix would have a distorted line graphic like the dragon on Seattle’s Bruce Lee shirt. Thankfully, it’s executed in a clean and clear manner instead. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, ATLJ said:

spacer.png

Now that's how you do a change kit. I'm not the biggest fan of the execution of the phoenix, but I do like the idea of it. I feel like this is gonna have light blue shorts and socks with it, though, which is gonna suck, but it is what it is. 

Still though, that's a niiiiiccce change.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As a non-Atlanta fan, I think that immediately becomes the best away shirt in their short history. The flag tie-in feels natural and the color scheme is really pleasing. When I first saw the description of the shirt last week, I was worried the pheonix would have a distorted line graphic like the dragon on Seattle’s Bruce Lee shirt. Thankfully, it’s executed in a clean and clear manner instead. 

The shades of blue and the gold used are great too, in the photos at least they've got them just right so the powder shade of blue doesn't clash with the gold and it looks a lot nicer than the sky blue and gold Philly change shirts.

• Like 1

I like the design but I have to be the dissenting voice because I am really tired of light blue in MLS. More than a third of the league has a light blue shirt or had one within the past five years (assuming Montreal's icy blue away leak turns out true), and nearly all of those used a darker blue as its secondary color. That's too many! On first glance I thought this and the current NYCFC and Colorado away are the same shirt, just with different prints on the chest.

• Like 1

I approve. Can't wait to snag one when they go on sale. 

Kind of a weird way to get leaked, though? Capela was wearing one too, the Hawks social team didn't make mention specifically or allude in any way that they were aware they were leaking them, but surely they were aware. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Kind of a weird way to get leaked, though?

Hawks just trying to keep up with the Utah Jazz and Seattle Kraken for weird jersey leaks for other leagues, I guess! :P

• LOL 1

Best look yet of Atlanta. It looks like a custom phoenix, because that’s not the same bird as the one on the city flag. The yellow tape down the side has the Latin “Resurgens” and the upper back has the city seal. I’m assuming the name is curved because Bogi has a long name and they don’t have a custom print in the condensed MLS font for him.

Also what I believe to be the first real photo of the LA Galaxy top. Looks better in person compared to the mockups.

Real photo of NYCFC replica.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ATLJ said:

spacer.png

Very nice kit. Has some Colorado 2023 feel to it, but way better executed. Only downside: all yellow will be completely absent from the replica jersey. But it is a regularly returning issue for MLS kits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hereandthere said:

Very nice kit. Has some Colorado 2023 feel to it, but way better executed. Only downside: all yellow will be completely absent from the replica jersey. But it is a regularly returning issue for MLS kits. 

The side/back hem stripe will still be yellow on the replica. Your larger point still stands, though.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m kinda hoping Minnesota goes back to Grey for their home kit. I liked the black from the last 2 years but if they do stay with black I hope it’s got some striping or pattern on it. The “rain” was too light to see most days.

• Like 2

I am loving the partial logos popping up with a lot of these, more of that please! 

Charlotte especially would do itself favors by putting their monogram logo on a kit instead of the crown roundel. 

(not that it definitely looks and sounds like something else

zyzu0hv4pibkoxhgzygc.png

The only team that is a disappointment based on leaks so far is Seattle. That kit isn't bad in any sense, but it's very traditional/classic looking for a team running out its first kit after a rebrand -- a team that already has a very contemporary image. 

They have this brand new tri-color colorway to work with and they give us a kit that appears to be rave green and white with pinstripes? 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Minnesota United has a teaser graphic in this ad. Called the Starry Night kit.

1znkTe2.png

https://www.mnufc.com/legal/2024/loon-call-contest

There is one (1) grand prize awarded to the Winner (“Grand Prize”):

• (1) One team-signed Starry Night jersey

Sticking with black, but with a "splatter pattern" to mimic stars? That could be interesting.

• Like 2