2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

7 hours ago, uniformity said:

Technically they could add an apostrophe and call it a proper noun like the Leafs and Wild but that would be ridiculous.

That would make a possessive. Then it would read "Utah Yeti's ___". His what? What is it that belongs to Utah Yeti?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, McCall said:

That would make a possessive. Then it would read "Utah Yeti's ___". His what? What is it that belongs to Utah Yeti?

The Yeti's jersey's 🤪

It's where I sit.

Not to un-UtahJack this thread, but has anyone heard anything on the Bruins' plans for '24-25? Their centennial jerseys were decent, but everyone seems to be clamouring for the logos to stay, no matter what happens.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

Not to un-UtahJack this thread, but has anyone heard anything on the Bruins' plans for '24-25? Their centennial jerseys were decent, but everyone seems to be clamouring for the logos to stay, no matter what happens.

The Centennials were one year only jerseys and they from what I remember will revert to the jerseys prior to this year. 

14 hours ago, nash61 said:

The plan has always been to revert back to the previous jerseys, so I think it would be too late to change course in time for next season.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

The plan has always been to revert back to the previous jerseys, so I think it would be too late to change course in time for next season.

They need to revert back to GOLD SOCKS at home.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

For a long time I thought the Bruins cup winning set was an untouchable modern classic but those Centennial jerseys make them seem a tad dated and superfluous.  Take the Centennial set, replace metallic gold with their traditional yellow, give it some yellow socks and put the current secondary on both shoulders and you have another modern classic that's even better.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

For a long time I thought the Bruins cup winning set was an untouchable modern classic but those Centennial jerseys make them seem a tad dated and superfluous.  Take the Centennial set, replace metallic gold with their traditional yellow, give it some yellow socks and put the current secondary on both shoulders and you have another modern classic that's even better.

Im no Bruins fan, but the Centennial uniforms looked decent, but like you said with a few tweaks could be a solid option full time.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nash61 said:

Hopefully they'll go back to the RBK edge unis (with gold socks and triple layers font). Those were their best look ever. One of the few reebok edge looks to be perfect from day 1

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 5:52 PM, mafiaman said:

I’d prefer Black Diamond’s but maybe that’s just me.  

Why possessive rather than plural?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Hopefully they'll go back to the RBK edge unis (with gold socks and triple layers font). Those were their best look ever. One of the few reebok edge looks to be perfect from day 1

Technically, the bruins set was never triple layered. Custom Crafted(the people who customize their jerseys) screen printed the yellow onto a single layer white twill, then do a layer of sitiching to make it look like multiple layers. This, plus a black section of the numbers, is how they did it in the edge

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Triple layered look great on the back numbers,  I really miss it.  Even if that style isn't really associated with any of their classic looks.    Didn't look so hot on the nameplate and sleeve numbers though.  Two layers was the right move there.

6 hours ago, AnPheitseog said:

Technically, the bruins set was never triple layered. Custom Crafted(the people who customize their jerseys) screen printed the yellow onto a single layer white twill, then do a layer of sitiching to make it look like multiple layers. This, plus a black section of the numbers, is how they did it in the edge

I can vouch for this, as I own a couple of Bruins Adidas game-worn jerseys. Both jerseys have single-layer sleeve/back numbers and names.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 5/9/2024 at 11:02 AM, namefornamesake said:

Let's call them the Jazz!

Jazz in Utah? Now THAT's different! It makes no sense whatsoever! No one would EVER expect that! 

There's a beehive on their state flag.

The state insect is a Western Honey Bee.

Black, copper & blue bee stripes would be a great  design element.

You mentioned the Jazz...

Instead of Swarm what about the Buzz...

Jazz/Buzz.

What other locale has 2 pro franchises ending in "zz"?😀

• Like 4