2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

12 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

spacer.png

What a beautiful secondary mark. Here's hoping this gets used on a jersey sometime soon. 

This should be their primary. The Chevy logo is better than the homeplate logo, but nothing to get excited about.

• Like 7
  • Meh 1

2 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Do we know if it will be that shiny silver on the crest that they have been using or the flat gray representation of silver? 

From the video reveal (assuming the animation represents the real thing) it looks like they might be using a sparkly silver, similar to what the Knights use for the gold in their logo.

• Like 3

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

9 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

lXZk0wj.jpeg

ZJ0cnMp.jpeg

9kZtf3u.jpeg

It's a really nice modern update to a classic look, exactly how it should be. With that being said, the white drop shadow behind "KINGS" is so thin that it might as well not even be there, especially with a silver/gray backdrop.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, steve61 said:

Until today I never really noticed that the Kings and Lakers both have the same style streaks on their logos.  

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Jack Kent Cooke owned both teams. The kings had purple and gold first since those were colors of royalty then he changed the Lakers to match the Kings colors. A few years later the Kings changed their logo to be similar font to the Lakers. Now purple and gold is more associated with the Lakers while the Kings switched to silver and black to jump on board with the popularity of the LA Raiders at the time.

iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.png
los_angeles_lakers_logo_primary_1972_spo

I think many people don't realize how connected these two franchises are historically. With the Lakers adopting the Kings' colors and the Kings adopting the Lakers' streaks, they really do have a kind of visual bond that you don't see often with two different teams. Of course the Kings moved away from the Lakers connection altogether in 1998, but now they have it again.

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

spacer.png

What a beautiful secondary mark. Here's hoping this gets used on a jersey sometime soon. 

For me that logo is the highlight of the rebrand so far. Would be a shame if it is trapped in the Chevron because it deserves to be a jersey crest

24 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

Interesting jersey choice for Wild Wing here.

The 30th was only meant for one year - but this might be a hint at them keeping it a bit longer. Or maybe not, but we'll see.

I read that as he has just packed away sweaters he'll no longer wear. You can't have him go without a sweater 'in character', so he has the proclaimed one-year sweater on until he REALLY gets dressed.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The new crown is good, certainly an upgrade from the 1998 one. The font belongs on a life insurance brochure, not a sports team's logo. And I'm still not a fan of the auto emblem aesthetic or the black and silver color scheme. Overall it's a mixed bag.

I see what you're saying about the font, but being the Kings sort of entitles them to a more "stately" typeface than sports teams can usually get away with. The Blackhawks would look goofy with a wordmark in something like Trajan, for instance. It works here.

In a perfect world, the Los Angeles Kings would have stopped borrowing color schemes from teams from Los Angeles or other teams named "Kings" and come up with their own (single-layer dark purple?), but in the world we have now, black and silver is the best bet.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The motion lines make sense because the franchise started using them in the purple/gold era, way before the switch to black/silver. They once again have matching fonts with the Lakers.

Great city tie-ins.

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

It's a really nice modern update to a classic look, exactly how it should be. With that being said, the white drop shadow behind "KINGS" is so thin that it might as well not even be there, especially with a silver/gray backdrop.

It's subtle, but it gives the text a bit more visual depth. Paired with the whoosh lines it also gives the impression of a motion blur.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

So is the new Kings logo just replacing the one on their sweater or are they getting new uniforms too?

Already reported that there'll be new uniforms heavily influenced by the Gretzky era.

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That sounds like a perfect way to implement their identity that sadly won’t happen. Simple, but unique in the big four and very appropriate.

A purple alternate with the updated crown and new font in classic colors would be just right. Using the original striping and not the Flyers template that they had for a short period.

• Like 2