2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

18 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Hey Blackhawks. Now's the time to finally get the collar right.

NMaHgKz.jpeg

4fGQ1tR.jpeg

Still looks terrible.  I've never understood why the outer part of the collar has to be so damn wide.  How hard would it be to reduce the thickness to that of the inner layer...

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

Nice as the 50th Anniversary branding is, that logo is angled the opposite way to the primary wordmark and they look a bit awkward together - never mind that they're still using this awkward Edge design nearly two decades later...

As long as Ovechkin is with the Caps,  I doubt they're getting rid of these anytime soon.

8 hours ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

7 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

This is very Kraken-esque

Seattle copied the Ducks stripes, so now they're even 😛

That aside, it's like they knew people were gonna make the Quacken jokes anyway and just ran with it

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I've always liked the Ducks' skull-and-crossbones-esque logo, but I never understood the black circle and curved triangle elements.

I think they missed an opportunity to combine the two eras by replacing the circle-and-triangle with the Duckfoot-as-a-shield...

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 2

1 hour ago, sparkychewbarky said:

I've always liked the Ducks' skull-and-crossbones-esque logo, but I never understood the black circle and curved triangle elements.

I think they missed an opportunity to combine the two eras by replacing the circle-and-triangle with the Duckfoot-as-a-shield...

spacer.png

this is way to busy visually.  The outlines are a mess too.  It looks like a logo slapped on top of a logo…

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Hey Blackhawks. Now's the time to finally get the collar right.

NMaHgKz.jpeg

4fGQ1tR.jpeg

The guy on NHLuniforms made this design when it announced the collar would be switching 

Aucune description de photo disponible.

Much better and way cleaner than way. I'll never understand how teams looked at the overly large collars or the horsehoe ones and tought Yeah, that's a great design

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

The guy on NHLuniforms made this design when it announced the collar would be switching 

Aucune description de photo disponible.

Much better and way cleaner than way. I'll never understand how teams looked at the overly large collars or the horsehoe ones and tought Yeah, that's a great design

That is perfect.  Every teams collar should look like this.

• Like 3

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

14 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Numbers are definitely different. I like how they did the gold similarly to the mask and not just a complete stroke. 

happy the sleeve stripes have something going on and not just straight, though I always associated the upward pointing stripes with them. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, FCMacbeth said:

Still can't fix the toilet bowl collar, tho.

Not this coming year. 25-26 I think is when the Fanatics template hits the league. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

27 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Screen grabs 

The shadowed numbers are pretty cool and new, I guess (and match up with the leak). 

No preview of the shoulder patch is interesting. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I remember there were complaints about the black names and numbers on the orange thirds, so maybe that had something to do with them adding the drop shadows? Either way it's a good look. I like how the gold detailing matches the new mask.

Glad they're keeping the angled sleeve stripes, the one thing that's remained consistent across all their primary sets - even if they're going up the wrong way, inside instead of outside the sleeves. And it looks like the gold stripes are still beige, oh well.

Also interesting that they're using Leo Carlsson's jersey for our first 'official' look - he debuted the 30th Anniverary jersey right after he was drafted last year.

• Like 2

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Can't get over how sharp the new logo looks.  Had my concerns when the description first leaked but they've really done a stellar job with the update.  Can't wait to get a clearer look and see what they did with the shoulder patch 🙂.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

On 6/24/2024 at 2:28 PM, Ark said:

The only Capitals throwbacks I care about

Capitals18a.png

These are still the Caps' best-ever set by a huge margin. (the BFBS can go tho)

The RWB stick/script logo and unis are wildly overrated.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6uXNWAo.png