2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

18 minutes ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Only just saw what the Ducks new name/number font looks like. What the actual :censored: is this? The uniform overall is an upgrade (and the logo definitely is), but they somehow took their 2000s/2010s font and downgraded.

It's supposed to take inspiration from old Orange County citrus ads and Art Deco.

• WOAH 1
  • Eyeroll 1

deK8sJk.png

10 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I would not mind seeing the skate logo back

Nah, keep the classic blue/green color scheme. If you're gonna switch the logo, bring back the stick in rink imo. 

But the Canucks' most pressing uniform issue is that they need stripes back on the pants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Only just saw what the Ducks new name/number font looks like. What the actual :censored: is this? The uniform overall is an upgrade (and the logo definitely is), but they somehow took their 2000s/2010s font and downgraded.

really enjoy these but the numbers seem to be spaced too far apart, even on the shoulders. makes the numbers look too thin individually

On 6/29/2024 at 12:04 AM, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

GRLHHkWW4AEPRjC?format=jpg&name=small

I check fanatics site and it seems like different type (trucker, flex, snapback, youth) have different logo size.

Anyway they would be better if they more colorful than navy and black.

Btw what happened to 100% Wool or 100% Cotton caps? Nowadays most caps I see are either 100% acrylic (imo worst fabric possible) or 100% polyester, sometimes 80% acrylic 20% wool and price isn't any lower.

4r2eer.png

Looks like it's gonna be Utah Yeti

Edited by officeglenn
Embedded tweet
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

It's supposed to take inspiration from old Orange County citrus ads and Art Deco.

May we see the citrus ads? It looks like another late-2000s-early-10s edgy modern font.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As annoying as the Brandiose arcane-local-reference teams are, at least they're more accurate than a Kraken in the wrong ocean and a Yeti in the wrong mountain range. Maybe the inevitable expansion teams in Alpharetta and Phoenix can be named after the Loch Ness Monster and the Sphinx.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeti has really become just a generic "mountain bigfoot" term. I get the appeal, but it's not my taste. It's better than Utah Coyotes or Venom.

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Five Times #Disney was Sneaky. #1 Do you remember in Monsters Inc when… |  by Scarlette Pike | Medium

I was going to reflect media far more akin to the inevitable trashfire ahead.

CatchaYeti_Poster.jpgthe-yeti-bearhug-of-doom.gif

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Sorry guys, this looks like ass

spacer.png

And the Kings new crest is way too big, same is the hem stripe.

spacer.png

I don’t fully agree with you on the Ducks (though they could have been better) but I definitely agree with you on Los Angeles. The crest and hem stripe are too big.

• Like 1