2024 NFL Changes

21 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Guys, that Brady2024 guy is in another thread on the Broncos forums claiming that Tom Brady is going to be the team's QB next season: https://forums.denverbroncos.com/forum/broncos-football/broncos-football-aa/8478541-so-what-s-next-at-qb/page68#post8485073

This is a pathological liar. Paul Lukas got duped hard here. This is all bogus. 

Let's not embarrass ourselves by discussing these "rumors" (that is far too kind of a word) like they are anything more than some dumb fantasy. 

If so, then Paul Lukas REALLY got played here. Let's hope he doesn't fall for one of those emails about a prince in Nigeria...😁

• Like 7

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Brady2024: [Redacted.] I was told that they showed it to Broncos fans and non-fans, and they’re very strongly wanting to create their own identity.

This is VERBATIM what Bradyismyhomeboy said about my Seahawks concept in 2013. He said it was leaked by the Seahawks around the internet and forums in order gauge their opinions.

The prodigal son has returned!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

18 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You might be thinking of it being listed as Color Rush in Madden 20.

I'm scanning the 2018 NFL Changes thread looking for anything on these lines. There's nothing, but it was said that Color Rush was no longer a thing. 

Given that, those people who were remembering the Dolphins and Niners white unis being called Color Rush are likely mis-remembering, if not thinking of Madden.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Agreed. I’m beyond tired of this orange jersey especially. Never should’ve became the primary.

I could stomach a royal blue primary, but my preference will always be orange for Denver.  It's just who they are, they never should have made blue the primary.  That's what's funny about this stuff though, we all have differing opinions.  

• Like 5
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

The Brady "reports" certainly don't help his cause, especially claiming that spots have already been filmed for social media.  There's no way that wouldn't leak.

That being said, Paul is a legitimate journalist - not just some blogger or message-board poster, or rabble rouser.  I think it would be difficult to fool him, and while he doesn't have as much vested in game at this point given that he's retiring from UW in 3 months, I'm inclined to trust his instincts.

I think the situation last year was a good guy that unfortunately allowed his fandom to get him carried away without having the training / savviness that a tenured journalist would have.

There's no guarantee Paul is right - it's possible this guy is a great story teller and correctly anticipated all of Paul's vetting questions and had believable answers.  But the odds are in Paul's favor.

And honestly, while I'm not looking forward to the pants ,interchangable facemasks, or white helmets, nothing in the interview sounded unbelievable, with the exception of the "fans overwhelmingly disliked the blue helmet".  That part doesn't make sense.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

That being said, Paul is a legitimate journalist - not just some blogger or message-board poster, or rabble rouser.  I think it would be difficult to fool him, and while he doesn't have as much vested in game at this point given that he's retiring from UW in 3 months, I'm inclined to trust his instincts.

That's what I don't understand about this Brady2024 thing. Paul is clearly a good guy and I respect his work but what the hell is he doing here? This is such a longshot that I don't even know if it was worth it. It's almost like Paul figured since he was one foot out the door he might as well just screw around.

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That's what I don't understand about this Brady2024 thing. Paul is clearly a good guy and I respect his work but what the hell is he doing here? This is such a longshot that I don't even know if it was worth it. It's almost like Paul figured since he was one foot out the door he might as well just screw around.

I'm more interested in understanding what type of person gets joy out of duping people. I'm going to assume, if this leaker is indeed not legitimate, that they read these boards religiously and will see this. So if that's the case, here's my question: What do you get out of it? What sort of fuel does this give you when you log off and walk back into the world? I'm asking because I genuinely can't imagine it. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm more interested in understanding what type of person gets joy out of duping people. I'm going to assume, if this leaker is indeed not legitimate, that they read these boards religiously and will see this. So if that's the case, here's my question: What do you get out of it? When sort of fuel does this give you when you log off and walk back into the world? I'm asking because I genuinely can't imagine it. 

He is probably lonely and wants Paul Lukas to acknowledge his existence!

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm more interested in understanding what type of person gets joy out of duping people. I'm going to assume, if this leaker is indeed not legitimate, that they read these boards religiously and will see this. So if that's the case, here's my question: What do you get out of it? What sort of fuel does this give you when you log off and walk back into the world? I'm asking because I genuinely can't imagine it. 

It does make me wonder if there is some kind of legitimacy to this. I mean, this dude is putting in hours of time and doing an interview. That's a lot of time spent just for a hoax. I would understand if there was some kind of way to monetize the hoax, but I just don't see how someone would go to these lengths just to fool people. But, people do some weird stuff. Especially on the interwebs. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Agreed. I’m beyond tired of this orange jersey especially. Never should’ve became the primary.

Well, the Broncos absolutely, without exception, fully own orange jerseys in pro football. It was a dumb, 90s-laden trend that pushed them to navy jerseys in the first place, and anyone who has ever been to a Broncos game (and multiple away games), sees that the fans fully embrace the orange jersey.

To stray from that again would be brand suicide.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Two possibilities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder (about 1% of the population)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder (about 5% of the population)

In the 1800s there were 'snake oil salesman' (or 'spivs' in the UK) who basically made money scamming people out of their money by selling "snake oil" that would cure any ailment. Sadly there are people who get off on duping others, whether for profit or for ego.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1