2024 NFL Changes

But I think that as usual, either way, I'm right, and these debates are futile.   Just bend the knee so we can move on.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just can't shake a parallel here to the University of Houston wearing Oilers knockoff uniforms. These look and feel like there's a school named Houston Tech or something, it's their first year of D-II football, and they really want to make a connection to the big team in town, but this is as close as they could get with the available stock options in the Don Alleson catalog.

Maybe the full set proves out. But I'm not seeing anything above a lateral move so far.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Using "vibrant" and "Houston Texans uniforms" in the same conversation is a Texas-sized stretch.

The original orientation of the white uniform with navy pants and red socks had great color blocking and looked really nice and colorful, especially in the sun. It was only until their preference of navy or white socks over the last hand full of years that the look became drab. But, I mean, that's the way of the world in the NFL now ... most teams have downgraded because of these same issues.

• Like 6

I mean...the Texans put themselves behind the 8-ball by employing such a drab (and by that point overused in pro sport) colorway in the firs place. I mean shoot, even making their Battle Red brighter than what it is currently would help a little bit.

Actually, you know what? Moving towards something more like neon red might help a LOT:

71mwUSzPIeL._AC_SY695_.jpg

That'd be one way to spice things up a little bit...but whatevs.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know it’ll never happen (due to 20+ years of brand equity), but the more I think of it, the more I like the Texans and Titans effectively swapping their color schemes (provided the Titans go primarily Red and the Texans go primarily Luv Ya Blue).

The Titans would largely match the Tennessee state flag while the Columbia Blue returns to the original home of the Oilers. If I have some time and resources, I might have to try a concept exploring this idea.

That said, it still baffles me that the Titans, who are the primary reason why the Texans can only use so much Columbia Blue, would rather wear Navy like so many other teams—including the Texans.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:21 PM, mmejia said:

The Texans are owning the leak and just posted this pic. Thick red stripe with white outline visible in the reflection on the right  GI-2sJVXIAA7pbv.jpg

Not bad although shoulders look kinda empty so small TV numbers would be nice addition, red on horn should end higher and red facemask indeed look better than navy.  Houston wordmark is in acceptable size. Overall it might be an upgrade

4r2eer.png

Aside from the Seahawks, the 49ers are the only other team I can recall working around the manufacturer logo. When the 49ers wore Montana throwbacks in the mid 2000's. They put the Reebok logo in the stripes and I'm not sure why because the Reebok logo was usually in the position above the sleeve number on all the NFL jerseys at the time. I assume they wanted the logo to bleed into the stripes so that you wouldn't notice it and it looked like a clean design or something.

SFN-0685705-H.jpg

8c5a5687b9e5d54456a53f65315f1621.jpg

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

The OG ReeBox which soon took over the NHL 

edit;

and it’s not a manufacturer’s logo, it’s an advertisement. Reebok didn’t make those, and even if they had, they paid for the space. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, gek_6 said:

Can someone mock up (or find a mockup) of what this would look like in their HOME jersey? 

And a RED alternate (w/ battle red helmet). Just to see the whole set. 

spacer.png

Battle red version. For sure happening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

But they said the uniforms won't be the same design with different colors.  They are all supposed to be unique.

As a disgruntled Washington fan, I can confirm that this is a horrendous idea.

• Like 10

spacer.png

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Not bad although shoulders look kinda empty so small TV numbers would be nice addition, red on horn should end higher and red facemask indeed look better than navy.  Houston wordmark is in acceptable size. Overall it might be an upgrade

Seriously... why do pretty much all the new NFL uniforms not have TV numbers? Cardinals, Patriots, Rams, Commanders, Chargers (they have helmet numbers), now Texans. I hate it.

• Like 5
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

7 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Seriously... why do pretty much all the new NFL uniforms not have TV numbers? Cardinals, Patriots, Rams, Commanders, Chargers (they have helmet numbers), now Texans. I hate it.

Same here. I have no problem with making the TV numbers smaller, but it's annoying to be watching on TV and not knowing who the player is when there's a closeup and you can't see the main jersey ##s. Personally I wish the Chargers would ditch the ##s on the helmet...

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

On 3/18/2024 at 6:03 PM, mmejia said:

Yep, I was wrong on this one. I just assumed it was the parody Cal McNair Twitter acct that posted,  not the Reddit acct. 

I'm not sure what Cal McNair is thinking. Does he really think the unis will stay under wraps for another FIVE WEEKS when they already had a leak less than 72 hours after the announcement of the unveiling?

8 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Same here. I have no problem with making the TV numbers smaller, but it's annoying to be watching on TV and not knowing who the player is when there's a closeup and you can't see the main jersey ##s. Personally I wish the Chargers would ditch the ##s on the helmet...

I like the Chargers having the numbers on their helmets. I wish WFT would've kept them on but I digress. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

"We won't rest until all 32 teams are navy blue dominant, as God intended" - someone in NFL corporate probably

"And/or black. Actually, can we make a rule that every NFL team has black AND navy blue in their color scheme? I don't give a rat's behind if the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Lions, Packers, Rams, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, or 49ers don't like it. The Colts and 'Manders already flipped, and those others are nice NFL franchises, and it would be a shaaaaaame if something were to happen to them." - same corporate NFL guy.

• Applause 1

32 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

They'll point to a team like the Panthers and say something about how modern uniform cuts make shoulder numbers almost vestigial, and that the idea of "TV numbers" need not apply in the age of HD.

Really it's because they get to charge the same price for thousands upon thousands of replica jerseys whose margins inched up just a little by eliminating two print locations.

• Meh 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

52 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

They'll point to a team like the Panthers and say something about how modern uniform cuts make shoulder numbers almost vestigial, and that the idea of "TV numbers" need not apply in the age of HD.

Well, yeah, those ridiculous tiny shoulder numbers the Panthers insist on sticking with suck.  They look beyond stupid.

I don't miss mandatory TV numbers. I like them as an option, but I also like the option the option of not having them.  Modern football jerseys have such a tiny amount of real estate from collar to cuff there's no point of cramming in too much stuff. 

Plus, even when they had more space, open shoulders have such a classic football feel, IMO.

spacer.png

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Aside from the Seahawks, the 49ers are the only other team I can recall working around the manufacturer logo. When the 49ers wore Montana throwbacks in the mid 2000's. They put the Reebok logo in the stripes and I'm not sure why because the Reebok logo was usually in the position above the sleeve number on all the NFL jerseys at the time. I assume they wanted the logo to bleed into the stripes so that you wouldn't notice it and it looked like a clean design or something.

SFN-0685705-H.jpg

I feel like it may be some sort of Mandela effect, but I swear I've seen pics on here where the Steelers put the Nike logo inside their sleeve striping rather than above it when they became a Nike team in the late 90s. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png